Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2013, 20:36   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

World News Headlines.

A woman having a baby? gawd thats one hell of a shock. Personally think its pathetic that the headlines are this,wouldn't wish em any ill, but come on,is there sod all happening in the world that aint more important than this?
Old 22-07-2013, 20:56   #2
Beacon of light

Re: World News Headlines.

Yes, Cashy, there is much much more...but much of it isn't worth rejoicing over.
A new baby in any family is a cause for celebration...it is just that the media do it to death...and that must be blamed on the media...not the new parents(who I am sure would have liked to have their baby privately and without all of this fuss and furore).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:05   #3
I am Banned

Sky News on Channel 501 has now rebranded it'self as " Sky Royal Womb"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:12   #4

Congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge...another wonderful moment in the history of this wonderful country...
BERNADETTE and steve2qec like this.
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:13   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, Cashy, there is much much more...but much of it isn't worth rejoicing over.
A new baby in any family is a cause for celebration...it is just that the media do it to death...and that must be blamed on the media...not the new parents(who I am sure would have liked to have their baby privately and without all of this fuss and furore).
Oh i do blame the media,any birth should be a celebration fer the family's involved end of, as fer much of it not worth rejoicing oer agreed, but at least its proper news. This to me is no different to any lass having a baby. At least it will never have to concern itself oer mundane stuff, like mortgage, food, clothes, etc unlike normal people.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 22-07-2013, 21:15   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange View Post
Congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge...another wonderful moment in the history of this wonderful country...
Bull start yer own thread if yeh wanna do that.
MargaretR and maxthecollie like this.
Old 22-07-2013, 21:25   #7

Why should I...this is WORLD NEWS HEADLINES...the whole world is talking about the UK and our Royal Family at this time and surely that is good for us all and we should be proud!
Old 22-07-2013, 21:30   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Why should I...this is WORLD NEWS HEADLINES...the whole world is talking about the UK and our Royal Family at this time and surely that is good for us all and we should be proud!
Cos congratulations are entirely n different thing to what i was talking about is why. Still suppose it makes a change fer yer instead of buy n sell,etc.
Old 22-07-2013, 21:34   #9

You forgot to say that all buy n sell,etc.is for a very worthy cause and done completely voluntary without any personal monitary reward.
Old 22-07-2013, 21:37   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bull start yer own thread if yeh wanna do that.
So why did you kick this thread off Mr C..??
1 For a pithy debate
or
2 Everybody to nod and agree with you?
Old 22-07-2013, 21:37   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You forgot to say that all buy n sell,etc.is for a very worthy cause and done completely voluntary without any personal monitary reward.
I didn't forget, i couldn't care less what its for. unless yeh want a medal fer it.
Old 22-07-2013, 22:02   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
So why did you kick this thread off Mr C..??
1 For a pithy debate
or
2 Everybody to nod and agree with you?
No don't expect everyone to agree wi me, I started it off cos its irritating to me, that proper news is put back, can understand reporting the fact, But Main Headlines no way fer me. Have people not to start threads unless yeh happen to like em or what. If thats the way yeh would like it, then its no wonder sites die, if theres a lot like you.
Mog likes this.
Old 22-07-2013, 22:18   #13
God Member

john terry managed to get up to hsi old trickks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terry baby.jpg (46.4 KB, 18 views)
Boeing Guy, Eric and DaveinGermany like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 06:27   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No don't expect everyone to agree wi me, I started it off cos its irritating to me, that proper news is put back, can understand reporting the fact, But Main Headlines no way fer me. Have people not to start threads unless yeh happen to like em or what. If thats the way yeh would like it, then its no wonder sites die, if theres a lot like you.
If you are irritated by yesterdays coverage in the media..stand by to be irritated in spades over the next days and weeks.
Still it's better than the changing of the guard over at M16
Old 23-07-2013, 06:31   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I know that damn well, were possible i shall be ignoring news progs n buying papers till the dust settles.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..