Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 18:29   #1

New Years Eve

If anyone is stuck on what to do this New Years Eve, the Black Horse in Accy is having a party. Sounds pretty swish - girls to wear a ball gown and the boys a tux. There is a chocolate fountain, ice skulptures and gourmet buffet. Champagne on arrival, and there is a DJ who will be playing jazz/swing. Tickets are just £15.00.

I dont particularly like going out on NYE, but as this is an organised event I am definately going. There are only a limited number of tickets so it shouldnt be packed out.

Thought I would pass the info on, as not many places have do's as such and thought this was something different and worth mentioning.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2006, 18:54   #2
Member.

Re: New Years Eve

No pies then?.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 18:56   #3

LOL - no doug, think they are trying to be a bit classier than that!
Old 10-12-2006, 18:57   #4
God Member

Did the chocolate fountain persuade you to go by any chance

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 19:00   #5
Member.

I'm sure the Club could put something on just as swish for £15.00?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-12-2006, 19:21   #6

Yeah but thats means organisation doug - something certain people lack at Stanley! Believe it or not KSH but I'm actually a savoury person rather than sweet (give me a pie over chocolate anyday lol lol).
Old 10-12-2006, 19:31   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
Yeah but thats means organisation doug - something certain people lack at Stanley! Believe it or not KSH but I'm actually a savoury person rather than sweet (give me a pie over chocolate anyday lol lol).
Not a lot I can say to that..................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-12-2006, 23:16   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
Yeah but thats means organisation doug - something certain people lack at Stanley!
You can't say that Kisser Rob Heys will be inviting you up to the club to show you how wrong you are.
Seriously though the problem with night time events like the one at the Black Horse is the carpark, would you like to play dodge the puddles and mud in the dark trying to get in the clubhouse in a ball gown, it's bad enough in the daylight. I know of people who for this reason have booked elseware when looking for a venue, we really need the tarmac boys up there.

Just noticed this thread is not in the Stanley section.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 10-12-2006 at 23:23. Reason: Extra Bit
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 17:42   #9

Hi Bagpuss - this thread has nothing to do with the Stanley section!! It's about the Black Horse! (And anyway I wasn't mentioning any names!).

Back to to thread of the Black Horse, sounds like a good night, tickets are on sale now and there are no muddy puddles outside! If you fancy a night of something a bit different, and hopefully a bit classy then this is probably one of the local places to be...
Old 02-01-2007, 16:00   #10

Sorry I didnt get your PM Glasgow Guy asking details of Black Horse. Not been online over the festivities. Hope you got the info you were looking for. Did you go to the do? I'm not sure who you are so if you were I'm sorry I didnt say hello

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..