Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2005, 20:00   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Places to eat or not to eat.

vitually next door to the rose and crown taggy! (pubs are always a good landmark)lol
Old 17-11-2005, 21:24   #77
God Member

Yes, you can usually find your way around town with pubs and churches, can't you?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 22:18   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Yes, you can usually find your way around town with pubs and churches, can't you?
most people can gayle, though i might not be to sure with a couple of churches lol
Old 18-11-2005, 07:27   #79
God Member

Ok we have had best chinese kebab pizza chippy etc so what about a good old fasioned free range piece of steak?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 15:09   #80
Senior Member+

Thanks Cashman I know where it is now so will give it a try.! I know the Rose and Crown sometimes call in there on Thurs nights when they have an act on! Good thinking too Spuggie J about a really good Steak, and I must admit I think they are a bit thin on the ground around here! Used to get a Beauty at Callums but thats gone now, the last good one I had was at Chimes but hav'nt been there for a while. So come on Steak lovers point us in the right dirrection please!.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 12:48   #81
God Member

We were going to try The Calder, the new pub in town on Saturday lunchtime for a treat on Christmas Eve but I believe they don't allow children in even at lunchtimes
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 08:02   #82
Clearly Classy.......

we went to the Farmers Glory in December........it was dreadful the food was not cooked properly and was served on cold plates which resulted in cold food.............yuk.........I complained and they said sorry! We had been meaning to go for ages.........it spoiled Neils birthday...won't be going again.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 10:56   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps
we went to the Farmers Glory in December........it was dreadful the food was not cooked properly and was served on cold plates which resulted in cold food.............yuk.........I complained and they said sorry! We had been meaning to go for ages.........it spoiled Neils birthday...won't be going again.

Sorry for recommending it.

It was really good when Mez took me and my neighbour in the summer.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 11:35   #84
mez
God Member

you beat me too it gary... just what i was going to say .......been there on numerous occasions ...never been disappointed yet.
Old 15-01-2006, 12:25   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver
Has anyone tried that new place at the bottom of Warner St..........Bzars?
Went here last Christmas Eve and this.. only small and this year my family and I (just 6 of us) were the only people in the restaurant. The food was excellent and we were treated like Royalty. You know, really big juicy prawns in the prawn cocktail, etc.
Only problem is people from the wine bar underneath have to go through the restaurant to get to the toilet and can create a draft every time the door opens. Apart from that, I thought excellent value .. sure he added the bill up wrong.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 12:57   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
We were going to try The Calder, the new pub in town on Saturday lunchtime for a treat on Christmas Eve but I believe they don't allow children in even at lunchtimes

They don't allow kids at all. IMHO thats a shame, Julie and I often have lunch in town at weekend but as we are usually pushing Siobhan it means its off our list of possible venues. What would be wrong with kids till say 5PM? We went in yesterday as grandma was looking after Siobhan. The food was OK and not expensive. They had run out of a core menu item though(Chicken and stuffing pudding) so I had to choose something different.

They do real ale from a hand pump unfortunately the staff have no idea how to pull a good pint. My Flowers had no head left before I left the bar.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 13:27   #87
Clearly Classy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Sorry for recommending it.

It was really good when Mez took me and my neighbour in the summer.
No probs Gary we have be meaning to go for ions!!! It was a choice between the Dog Inn at Belthorn and there........Next time we're going Dog Inn'!!! mmmm did I miss a couple of words out there!!! Hey ho!!

My Gallery My Albums
Old 15-01-2006, 13:40   #88
Junior Member+

Even tho I have young kids, I quite like the idea of no kids in the Calder....when we ate there over xmas on a child-free day I really enjoyed the food and the fact that I'd re-joined the grown up world at least for a couple of hours!
Klactoveesedstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 08:32   #89
Clearly Classy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Had a bad meal at Checco's once which was a shame because it kind of wiped out all the previous good meals I've had there. Haven't been back since, perhaps it's time to give it another go!
I wouldn't bother Gayle I went for my office Christmas party and it was awful, by that I mean slow service and cold food.

My Gallery My Albums
Old 29-01-2006, 01:11   #90
God Member

Ok here goes i know it's not in Accrington but the Duke Of Wellington is good on Grane Road and La Veranda is good as well at Station Steps going into Haslingden. I dont know if they still do it but they used to do a special offer there on Tues Wed and Thurs a 3 course meal for £10 main course had to be either pizza or pasta. You get loads. The Chinese at Acre is good as well just across the road from Winfields.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..