Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2011, 18:33   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Wedding Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less.......I am sure I noted that there was a real ale festival on somewhere fairly local.......I read it and thought of you
Have a look at the LT's site......it will be under Wedding Free Zone.
The day could still turn out fair for you yet...if you play your cards right.
Thank's for that.

They have a wedding free zone as well?

(Must check the dates if I was first could be worth a fortune).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2011, 18:36   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Less.......I am sure I noted that there was a real ale festival on somewhere fairly local.......I read it and thought of you
Have a look at the LT's site......it will be under Wedding Free Zone.
The day could still turn out fair for you yet...if you play your cards right.
There's local football being played on a Friday Margaret. Clitheroe are at home,and I know a few that's going down there. I would think they'll get a reasonable attendance.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 20:15   #33
Beacon of light

Thanks Bernard.........I want a wedding free zone, that is also free of men kicking around some poor pigs bladder...OK a football then.
Surely it isn't too much to ask? Failing that, I will salt myself away with either wardrobe sorting or trying to improve my scores in the Arcade
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 02:43   #34
God Member

for some reason I get the feeling there would be more local interest in the event if the bride was called either Sandra or Tracy
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 09:00   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
for some reason I get the feeling there would be more local interest in the event if the bride was called either Sandra or Tracy
Well I have mixed feelings about girls called Sandra and Tracy, I hate Sandra, I was married to one and love Tracy my youngest Daughter's called that
Old 27-04-2011, 17:13   #36

A bit of good news, the Last Orders WILL be a wedding free zone, they have announced it on facebook.

By the way, for those of you that think 11 o'clock is too early to go for a drink, may I point out that no doubt, ignoring the tat we have now on so called news programmes, it will be starting about 6.00 a.m. with previews, then there will be the event, THEN they will have what they call, the best bits, so unless you find a seat early in a wedding free zone, you won't find enough to do to your car/garden to fill the hours of tedium we are all going to be blessed with.

P.S. good luck to the couple may your day go better than what the media will force on the rest of us.
Old 27-04-2011, 17:40   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A bit of good news, the Last Orders WILL be a wedding free zone, they have announced it on facebook.

By the way, for those of you that think 11 o'clock is too early to go for a drink, may I point out that no doubt, ignoring the tat we have now on so called news programmes, it will be starting about 6.00 a.m. with previews, then there will be the event, THEN they will have what they call, the best bits, so unless you find a seat early in a wedding free zone, you won't find enough to do to your car/garden to fill the hours of tedium we are all going to be blessed with.

P.S. good luck to the couple may your day go better than what the media will force on the rest of us.
Amen to that
Old 27-04-2011, 18:06   #38
Beacon of light

Less, you haven't mentioned the reruns for those that were unfortunate(?????) to be working through the event....and the days after....no news in any of the papers, just an album of pictures that will shove any real news into the background.

Yes, I wish the couple every happiness and a long and healthy life together.
I just don't want to be watching it all.
Old 27-04-2011, 18:12   #39

Quote:
Less, you haven't mentioned the reruns for those that were unfortunate(?????) to be working through the event....and the days after....no news in any of the papers, just an album of pictures that will shove any real news into the background.

Yes, I wish the couple every happiness and a long and healthy life together.
I just don't want to be watching it all.
Funnily enough I've ordered up a copy of each of those pull outs, I'm looking forward to when Antiques Road Show comes to accy Market hall, then I can have my 15 minutes of fame showing them off and finding what a wise investor I have been.
Old 27-04-2011, 18:16   #40
Resting in Peace

I am trying to work out my schedule for the day.

6 a.m. Rise from my bed.
6.05 a.m. two fags and two coffees.
6.20 a.m. Check website chat and crank up my PCTV.
6.25. a.m. Watch lead up events with bowl of cereal in hand ... mmm BBC probably.
7.00 a.m. Shower .. make up, hair .. chose outfit. What have I got in Red, White and Blue ? No, thought better of a hat.
8.15 a.m. Turn telly on in lounge.
Footstool out .. more coffee and more fags.
9.00 a.m. > 12 p.m. Watch this wonderful display of the best of British.
12 p.m. >>> until rest of transmissions. Just a matter of when I get out the snacks and wine really. Could be in a drunken stupour by 3.p.m .. don't usually drink during day . so apologies in advance for any strange posts.

Play it by ear after that. Probably watch re-runs ..
Rule Britannia !
images.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 18:20   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

6 a.m. Rise from my bed.
6.05 a.m. two fags and two coffees.
6.25. a.m. Watch lead up events with bowl of cereal in hand ... mmm BBC probably.
7.00 a.m. Shower .. make up, hair .. chose outfit. What have I got in Red, White and Blue ? No, thought better of a hat.
Footstool out .. more coffee and more fags.
9.00 a.m. > 12 p.m. Watch this wonderful display of the best of British.
12 p.m. >>> until rest of transmissions. Just a matter of when I get out the snacks and wine really. Could be in a drunken stupour by 3.p.m .. don't usually drink during day . so apologies in advance for any strange posts.

Play it by ear after that. Probably watch re-runs ..
Rule Britannia !
Attachment 17756
No suprise there, like you, everyone of the same age as the Queen will do similar.
Old 27-04-2011, 18:21   #42
Beacon of light

Kate, if you have read my recent blog you will see that you won't be the only one organising your day around the festivities(No, not me).........I hope you enjoy it all.......and what does it matter if you have a drop too much(I thought that was what weddings were all about) you can always take yourself off to bed and have it slept off good and proper for Saturday morning.....when they will be showing it all over again
Old 27-04-2011, 18:38   #43
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

6 a.m. Rise from my bed.
6.05 a.m. Start drinking now.
6.25. a.m. Watch lead up events with bowl of cereal in hand ... mmm (doused in pink Champagne) BBC probably.
Footstool out .. more Booze and more fags.
9.00 a.m. > 12 p.m. Watch this wonderful display of the best of British. If possible through drunken haze & alcohol vapours
12 p.m. >>>Could be in a drunken stupour by 3.p.m .. don't usually drink during day . so apologies in advance for any strange posts.

Play it by ear after that.While crashed out in bed in alcohol induced torpor ..
Rule Britannia !
Attachment 17756
Quote:
Kate, I hope you enjoy it all.......and what does it matter if you have a drop too much
Ladies sounds like a plan, good call ! Drink to forget (the day) & it won't half go quickly. As for me when I get in It'll be German telly & DVD's, then Sat & Sun out of the house tiddler bashing for 48 hrs, with about 20 odd other Fellas (I do believe there'll be Alcohol involved & burning lumps of meat to boot ! ) .
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 18:50   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No suprise there, like you, everyone of the same age as the Queen will do similar.
Cheeky .. not quite there yet...

Quote:
weddings were all about) you can always take yourself off to bed and have it slept off good and proper for Saturday morning.....when they will be showing it all over again
Thanks Margaret .. will probably do just that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ladies sounds like a plan, good call ! Drink to forget (the day) & it won't half go quickly. As for me when I get in It'll be German telly & DVD's, then Sat & Sun out of the house tiddler bashing for 48 hrs, with about 20 odd other Fellas (I do believe there'll be Alcohol involved & burning lumps of meat to boot ! ) .
And more cheek for altering my post.
What's tiddler bashing ? Is it catching ?

(Feeling smug now for daring to put up my post in this thread)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 18:52   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I have mixed feelings about girls called Sandra and Tracy, I hate Sandra, I was married to one and love Tracy my youngest Daughter's called that
think Viz
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..