Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2007, 14:41   #16

Re: Would you go out in Accy at night ?

The pigs on Church street are a disgrace to the uniform, foul mouthed abusive yobs who are a bigger menace to society than the drunks. It will be a long time before I venture down that way of an evening again.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2007, 23:57   #17
Resting in Peace

Don't know whether you watched Bouncers tonight Lindsay, but even a small town like Batley seems to have similar problems with A level students binge drinking; believe me centre of Accy on a Fri/Sat had nowt on this lot. The language, bad behaviour left much to be desired.

Then they moved to Warrington ... same problem. Next progamme 'Crimestoppers' was again (I think) in Yorkshire .. just the same. So Accy no different to anywhere else, I'm afraid.

The girls are terrible, fighting, mooning, swearing, etc. You can only hope your own kids are not like this whilst out, or will be when they are of an age to drink. Clamping down on alcohol is steering for the next campaign methinks.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 00:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree there all not great places,but why are they now as good as no-go areas,especially for women?
Old 18-07-2007, 00:21   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree there all not great places,but why are they now as good as no-go areas,especially for women?
Not sure what you mean Cashy ? Certainly plenty of people there, especially women.

Never bothers me in Accy late on after night out with younger ladies at work (and me being one of the older women you mention ..LOL) .. always feel safe walking to taxi rank on my own, due to police presence and folks about .. mostly 'merry' not aggresive.

Last edited by katex; 18-07-2007 at 00:24.
Old 18-07-2007, 00:22   #20

I went out in Accy centre between Christmas & New Year. It was like a ghost town. 20 years ago you could not get in some pubs due to overcrowding at that time of year.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 12:57   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not sure what you mean Cashy ? Certainly plenty of people there, especially women.

Never bothers me in Accy late on after night out with younger ladies at work (and me being one of the older women you mention ..LOL) .. always feel safe walking to taxi rank on mly own, due to police presence and folks about .. mostly 'merry' not aggresive.
talking about women on there own or older couples, look at it from that perspective, i will pass through,cos as you know i dont give a rats, but i certainly would not pass through again with Paris, nor would she want too.
Old 18-07-2007, 21:47   #22
God Member

went there on saturday night dont know why but it was busier than usual is it making a comeback
Old 22-07-2007, 17:22   #23
God Member

I was out last night down at the Attic & it was absolutely buzzing.
Best place in Accy by far, love it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 19:08   #24
God Member

Brooks n Cannine clubs Great Eastern Hope and Anchor is about my wack and thats in the afternoon. Not a fan of Accy at night its too much like Falkirk with the police and drunken weekend "as gassed as you can in the shotest time brigade" for my liking.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 21:44   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I just wonder, is it the town centre or the fact that most of us can't run as fast as we used to? We always met unpleasant characters even when we were young and sprightly, a friend of mine the other day said he wouldn't walk home anymore he always catches a taxi, why? because he doesn't like the people he seems surrounded by when he does walk home, my reply was, and I still maintain it, either I can walk home in safety in my own town or I had better consider moving to another town, once the bullies, (of any age), take over then we may as well abandon any decent thought about civilisation.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 22:04   #26
Resting in Peace

Blooming well said Less, I would walk home regardless, in defiance of any dangers or adversity .. please enter something kind on my tombstone, like 'She was misguided into thinking her hometown was safe, but at least she tried'.
Old 22-07-2007, 22:33   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Blooming well said Less, I would walk home regardless, in defiance of any dangers or adversity .. please enter something kind on my tombstone, like 'She was misguided into thinking her hometown was safe, but at least she tried'.
i agree with Less,i will walk anywhere do not give a rats, but i seriously hope that inscription never has to appear on yer tombstone Kate.
Old 22-07-2007, 22:37   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i agree with Less,i will walk anywhere do not give a rats, but i seriously hope that inscription never has to appear on yer tombstone Kate.
Aaah thanks Cashman .. 'fraid I am a bit fearless and, yes, stupid sometimes .. but not going to let the buggers get me I suppose. Just seems crazy that we are all fearful of our teenagers ..
Old 22-07-2007, 22:45   #29
God Member

I'm with you kate, within reason anyway, won't walk anywhere where there aren't others around after dark... but yes will walk through town centre at night

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 21:02   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well isn't life strange? Where I live there is a mix of white and Asian people, we all seem to get on without falling out with each other I'm recognising more and more of my actual neighbours with each day I live in this new, (to me), area.

As you have seen I do believe I and my neighbours should be able to wander our town without threats no matter who they are!

I left the pub a little early tonight, called in at a local take-away had a pleasant conversation with the owner then headed for home.

When I got near to home there was a group of Asian lads obviously enjoying a game of something, as I went past the back Alley near to them there was a rather breathless youth of about 15 years running up with a football, "Oie you miserable Black can't", he shouted, "don't kick it down there again". I laughed at the frustration he had displayed in his voice, and as he got level with me he turned and demanded to know what I was laughing at. I told him I had found his comment amusing especially his description of his friend, he then drew himself up to his full five foot and said, "Oh so you find it funny do you? Come on then pal, let's have a one to one!".

Again I laughed and then asked him why he should have a problem, I was just wondering if I should perhaps have stayed in the pub until 'last orders', just to be safe when all his mates jumped on him and told him not to be so nasty with that 'old man', after all he hasn't done anything wrong!

Now I was pleased that the other lads had jumped on him and told him to behave, but please lads if you read this, 'old man', was a bigger insult than anything your mate said!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..