Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2007, 20:14   #1
Senior Member+

Would you go out in Accy at night ?

Went out down Accy last night for the first time in many months.
What an absolute tip ! Most of the pubs are dingy,smelly,dirty and downright unpleasant. To name and shame is poss not a great idea on here but let's just say that the ones in the town centre are appalling ! With the exceptions of the Calder and the Railway, the rest are bad.
I didn't feel safe in one of 'em; far too many people in it and surely breaking its fire certificate.The number of Police on Church St when I left to come home is a worry too, it's great that they are there but you have to wonder what they were expecting !
Not good and I won't be making a habit of it !
Old 15-07-2007, 21:15   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Would you go out in Accy at night ?

Don't know about the pubs but I'm not keen on being out in Accy at night making my way home from anywhere.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 21:15   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Went out down Accy last night for the first time in many months.
What an absolute tip ! Most of the pubs are dingy,smelly,dirty and downright unpleasant. To name and shame is poss not a great idea on here but let's just say that the ones in the town centre are appalling ! With the exceptions of the Calder and the Railway, the rest are bad.
I didn't feel safe in one of 'em; far too many people in it and surely breaking its fire certificate.The number of Police on Church St when I left to come home is a worry too, it's great that they are there but you have to wonder what they were expecting !
Not good and I won't be making a habit of it !
I haven't been out down Accy for ages but the last time I was there I was thinking something similar to what you've just said.I haven't been to a pub since the fag ban though.I would have thought the pubs would be cleaner now.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 21:29   #4

ive never been down there for years i could not tell you the name of the pubs down there now.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 22:30   #5
Give, give, give member

I've only ever been out in Accy later in the evening, and through an alcoholic haze it looked ok, but then again anywhere would have looked the business after a skin full.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 23:31   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in a word NO. on the odd occasion we go King st, Canine, or rarely Pop club,n Oakleigh, even then car,or cab, last time we didnt about 2 yrs ago ,we walked down from canine to the taxi rank,Paris felt very intimidated walkin up Church st,it was not pleasant.
Old 16-07-2007, 07:49   #7
Senior Member+

I haven't been out in a town/city centre since I lived in Liverpool, but I always felt safe.
I haven't lived in Accrington for years, so I couldn't comment specifically. However, isn't going out in town centres at weekends for teenagers and young 20s?

I certainly would never consider going out for a drink in any town centre nowadays.
Old 16-07-2007, 09:21   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I haven't been out in a town/city centre since I lived in Liverpool, but I always felt safe.
I haven't lived in Accrington for years, so I couldn't comment specifically. However, isn't going out in town centres at weekends for teenagers and young 20s?

I certainly would never consider going out for a drink in any town centre nowadays.
would agree about who uses town centres for a drink,but the point being,we used to walk through the centre to get to places and enjoy doing it, that NO longer is an option.
Old 16-07-2007, 09:33   #9

aint been out out in accy for ages, waste of money in clubs
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:10   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would agree about who uses town centres for a drink,but the point being,we used to walk through the centre to get to places and enjoy doing it, that NO longer is an option.
Is Accrington really that bad? Obviously I don't read the local paper, so I'm not aware of crime in the town. Has Accrington really sunk so far?
Old 16-07-2007, 10:15   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Is Accrington really that bad? Obviously I don't read the local paper, so I'm not aware of crime in the town. Has Accrington really sunk so far?
unfortunately yes, any older woman will testify to that i would think. its more intimidation and foul language,etc
Old 16-07-2007, 11:03   #12

i do think many places are the same not just accy
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 11:38   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
unfortunately yes, any older woman will testify to that i would think. its more intimidation and foul language,etc
That's very sad.

As I said, I don't really go into town centres very often. If I fancy a drink, I tend to go to the local pub.
Old 16-07-2007, 11:40   #14

Nothing wrong with Accrington town centre at all i think its fine. So what if it isnt immaculate? Show me one pub that is. And as they say, if you dont like it go elsewhere.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 11:49   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

havent been to town drinking for yonks, come to think of it havent been to a bloomin pub for yonksashamed0005.gif
but with the things you lot have put, i dont think im missing out

accy used to be good when i was a teenager, but mostly went to blackburn. Now that was a good night

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..