Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   friends....it doesnt do what it says on the packet (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/friends-it-doesnt-do-what-it-says-on-the-packet-30469.html)

flashy 03-05-2007 09:58

friends....it doesnt do what it says on the packet

i have loads of friends, but recently it seems i know who my true friends are, friends who stick by you and are always there to help....WRONG...its ok when they want something, they need to talk or a shoulder to cry on, i'm ALWAYS there for them, but as soon as you are in need of something they arent interested, either that or they turn your problem into something thats wrong with them and you end up feeling worse about whats wrong with YOU.

ive recently also found out which so called mates like to slag you off behind your back, say one thing to your face then call you to high hell when your not there...

i can now see that i have a select few who i can actually call MATES

has anyone else ever had this 'problem'?

Less 03-05-2007 10:05

Re: friends....it doesnt do what it says on the packet

This reminds me of the phrase,

I used to be paranoid but now I know everybody does hate me!
:D
http://www.ashido.com/luigiscans/paranoid.JPG

flashy 03-05-2007 10:08

lol shut it, i'm far from paranoid (the tablets help) see so called mates dont know you talk to there mates, so they never know that you know they've been talking about you :D (i know what i mean...in mi head) ;)

Lolly 03-05-2007 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 418889)
i'm ALWAYS there for them, but as soon as you are in need of something they arent interested, either that or they turn your problem into something thats wrong with them and you end up feeling worse about whats wrong with YOU.

I'm totally with you on this one! I have a few "friends" that do this! But i guess that these people are just aquaintences (sic), because in my opinion friends wouldn't do this.

Saying all this though, when they need me again i'm there for them once more, however many times I tell myself I won't be.

I wouldn't worry about it all that much Flashy, just stick to the people that you know are TRUE friends.

Tinkerbelle 03-05-2007 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 418889)

Yup, and add family to the list too

flashy 03-05-2007 10:12

if i ever slag anyone off i tend to do it to there faces, rather than behind there backs, as many people on here already know

Lolly 03-05-2007 10:12

I dont think Flashy's being paranoid Less, surely you yourself have had this problem?? I'm pretty sure most people will have at some point or other.

flashy 03-05-2007 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle (Post 418899)
Yup, and add family to the list too

yep....arses

lettie 03-05-2007 10:16

Most of us are probably in the same boat. I have 2 or 3 friends that I would class as true friends, several who I would class as mates and dozens who are just acquaintances. The 2 or 3 true friends that I have I would do anything for and I know that they would do the same for me. I don't see them as often as I'd like but when I do, it's like I saw them yesterday.

I did have a friend who I thought was a true friend but she turned out not to be so I cut all ties with her.:(

Less 03-05-2007 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 418901)
I dont think Flashy's being paranoid Less, surely you yourself have had this problem?? I'm pretty sure most people will have at some point or other.

Nope never had this problem, my friends have far more interesting things to talk about than to waste time calling me.:thumbsup:

flashy 03-05-2007 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 418905)
. The 2 or 3 true friends that I have I would do anything for and I know that they would do the same for me. I don't see them as often as I'd like but when I do, it's like I saw them yesterday.

yeah i know what ya mean, i have maybe one or two true friends............and one of them is gonna get shouted at if she doesnt come over to mine soon....she never ever comes over, not seen her at my house for 4 years.............YES THATS RIGHT ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ;)

Mick 03-05-2007 10:25

sorry i have forgot your address so you will have to come to my place :D

Lolly 03-05-2007 10:29

I agree with you Lettie, i have loads of mates but I have a friend I have known since Nursery, and one who i've known all my life, her Mum and my Mum are best friends aswell.

The first one only lives in Accy, but I don't see all that often. She lives with her boyfriend in a pub now, she also works full time. I have Harry and work aswell, so we just dont get to see each other as often as we like but I know shes a true friend and will and always has been there for me and vice versa.

The second one I can't get rid of!!! See her at least 3 times a week!! LOL!! :D

harwood red 03-05-2007 11:32

I'm prob the same that I have 2 or 3 true true friends and they have been well and truely tested, lol :D

I have loads of people I call friends but as Lettie put it probably would class them as mates

There's always gonna be times when you wonder who you can rely on, but it all comes clear when you hit a crisis, who comes running to your aid and who runs the other way :eek:

flashy 03-05-2007 11:36

well i can honestly say no one ever comes running to my aid..but i know where i can go for a moan