Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 09:58   #1
God Member

friends....it doesnt do what it says on the packet

i have loads of friends, but recently it seems i know who my true friends are, friends who stick by you and are always there to help....WRONG...its ok when they want something, they need to talk or a shoulder to cry on, i'm ALWAYS there for them, but as soon as you are in need of something they arent interested, either that or they turn your problem into something thats wrong with them and you end up feeling worse about whats wrong with YOU.

ive recently also found out which so called mates like to slag you off behind your back, say one thing to your face then call you to high hell when your not there...

i can now see that i have a select few who i can actually call MATES

has anyone else ever had this 'problem'?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:05   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: friends....it doesnt do what it says on the packet

This reminds me of the phrase,

I used to be paranoid but now I know everybody does hate me!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:08   #3
God Member

lol shut it, i'm far from paranoid (the tablets help) see so called mates dont know you talk to there mates, so they never know that you know they've been talking about you (i know what i mean...in mi head)
Old 03-05-2007, 10:10   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i'm ALWAYS there for them, but as soon as you are in need of something they arent interested, either that or they turn your problem into something thats wrong with them and you end up feeling worse about whats wrong with YOU.

I'm totally with you on this one! I have a few "friends" that do this! But i guess that these people are just aquaintences (sic), because in my opinion friends wouldn't do this.

Saying all this though, when they need me again i'm there for them once more, however many times I tell myself I won't be.

I wouldn't worry about it all that much Flashy, just stick to the people that you know are TRUE friends.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:11   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post

Yup, and add family to the list too
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12   #6
God Member

if i ever slag anyone off i tend to do it to there faces, rather than behind there backs, as many people on here already know
Old 03-05-2007, 10:12   #7
Senior Member+

I dont think Flashy's being paranoid Less, surely you yourself have had this problem?? I'm pretty sure most people will have at some point or other.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Yup, and add family to the list too

yep....arses
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Most of us are probably in the same boat. I have 2 or 3 friends that I would class as true friends, several who I would class as mates and dozens who are just acquaintances. The 2 or 3 true friends that I have I would do anything for and I know that they would do the same for me. I don't see them as often as I'd like but when I do, it's like I saw them yesterday.

I did have a friend who I thought was a true friend but she turned out not to be so I cut all ties with her.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I dont think Flashy's being paranoid Less, surely you yourself have had this problem?? I'm pretty sure most people will have at some point or other.
Nope never had this problem, my friends have far more interesting things to talk about than to waste time calling me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
. The 2 or 3 true friends that I have I would do anything for and I know that they would do the same for me. I don't see them as often as I'd like but when I do, it's like I saw them yesterday.

yeah i know what ya mean, i have maybe one or two true friends............and one of them is gonna get shouted at if she doesnt come over to mine soon....she never ever comes over, not seen her at my house for 4 years.............YES THATS RIGHT ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25   #12
Resting in Peace

sorry i have forgot your address so you will have to come to my place
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29   #13
Senior Member+

I agree with you Lettie, i have loads of mates but I have a friend I have known since Nursery, and one who i've known all my life, her Mum and my Mum are best friends aswell.

The first one only lives in Accy, but I don't see all that often. She lives with her boyfriend in a pub now, she also works full time. I have Harry and work aswell, so we just dont get to see each other as often as we like but I know shes a true friend and will and always has been there for me and vice versa.

The second one I can't get rid of!!! See her at least 3 times a week!! LOL!!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:32   #14
God Member

I'm prob the same that I have 2 or 3 true true friends and they have been well and truely tested, lol

I have loads of people I call friends but as Lettie put it probably would class them as mates

There's always gonna be times when you wonder who you can rely on, but it all comes clear when you hit a crisis, who comes running to your aid and who runs the other way

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36   #15
God Member

well i can honestly say no one ever comes running to my aid..but i know where i can go for a moan

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..