Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   I'd do anything (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/id-do-anything-38175.html)

Lilly 30-03-2008 21:36

I'd do anything

Is anyone watching this on Saturday nights? Well, the main show is on Saturdays, the results are on Sundays. I think the right one went home tonight. She looked like Gillian McKeith! :eek:

It's the show hosted by Graham Norton to find a Nancy and an Oliver for Cameron Mackintosh's new production of 'Oliver'.

I'm watching it. I love these shows. I watched the Maria one and the Joseph one and really enjoyed them. I actually went to London to see Connie Fisher in 'The Sound of Music.' She was brilliant. :)

garinda 30-03-2008 23:07

Re: I'd do anything

I think a few of them need to go back to 'Nancy school', and that's just the presenters and judges.:D

Personally I hope 'lost a lot of weight Blackpool Nancy' wins.

slinky 30-03-2008 23:09

I dont watch the show, but I saw a funny clip on Harry hills T.V burps about it!! :D:D:D

garinda 30-03-2008 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 555031)
I dont watch the show, but I saw a funny clip on Harry hills T.V burps about it!! :D:D:D

Yeah, that was funny.:p

BERNADETTE 30-03-2008 23:12

I haven't seen it but did watch the Joseph one and loved it. Would love to go and see the show.

garinda 30-03-2008 23:17

My Nancy brought the house down when we did Oliver, in my school's production in 1979.

Ok, there were no girls at QEG's then, but I didn't just get the part because I was priddy. I brought a vibrant, vunerabilty out in the gin swiggin' old slapper.

Royboy39 30-03-2008 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 555035)
Ok, there were no girls at QEG's then, but I didn't just get the part because I was priddy. I brought a vibrant, vunerabilty out in the gin swiggin' old slapper.

Why does that not surprise me? :tongueout

grannyclaret 31-03-2008 01:01

ive just watched the results show,, i thought the worst got knocked out too .Amy, i liked Francesca

Benipete 31-03-2008 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 554936)
Is anyone watching this on Saturday nights? Well, the main show is on Saturdays, the results are on Sundays. I think the right one went home tonight. She looked like Gillian McKeith! :eek:

It's the show hosted by Graham Norton to find a Nancy and an Oliver for Cameron Mackintosh's new production of 'Oliver'.

I'm watching it. I love these shows. I watched the Maria one and the Joseph one and really enjoyed them. I actually went to London to see Connie Fisher in 'The Sound of Music.' She was brilliant. :)

Graham Norton does not need to look far to find a Nancy:D:D

jaysay 31-03-2008 08:46

I watched Animal Planet, same thing different venue:D

Alvin the chipmunk 31-03-2008 13:59

With the Joseph and Maria programmes at least people were choosing the star of the production. This programme only lets us vote for the new Nancy so its less appealing. Its like having another series of "Any Dream Will Do" where you vote for the role of Pharoh.

garinda 31-03-2008 14:53

There are plans for a new West End production of Funny Girl, starring Connie Fisher, which is probably why they aren't doing an audition programme called 'Looking for Fanny'.

Funny Girl - 2008 West End Revival - Whatsonstage.com Discussion Board

katex 12-04-2008 20:06

Watched this tonight ... hmmmm .. well, maybe can't judge not having watched the others. Just one for me at the moment, and that is Sarah. They seemed to have praised Jessica who could not hit that first low not from 'Somewhere'. Just love Niamh .. probably not in the role of Nancy ...wow.. but that red dress .. would vote for that. And how could they possibly even consider that a black person could play Nancy or Oliver !! Charles Dickens would turn over in his grave !!. Please don't come up with Othello.

Lilly 12-04-2008 20:48

I like Jessie and Rachel. Either of them could play Nancy for me.

I'm not keen on Tara or Keisha.

I'm wondering why they are having the winning girl play Nancy for 8 shows a week. They tried that with Connie Fisher in The Sound of Music but it was too much, she got ill and they had to cut her down to 6 shows a week and get someone else to do the other two.

You'd have thought that the people in charge would have learnt from this. :confused:

garinda 12-04-2008 21:16

I thought little Sarah's 'Maybe This Time' was brilliant, and Samantha's 'Somewhere was spine chilling'.

I can't see the appeal with Jess, nor agree with all the praise that is heaped upon her. To me, the way she sings out of the side of her mouth, makes it look like she has had a stroke. Not Nancy for me I'm afraid.

Still love Blackpool Nancy though.