Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/beijing-olympics-opening-ceremony-41699.html)

danny27 11-08-2008 11:03

Re: Olympic GOLD!!!

well then if its such a problem you may respectfully request an admin staff to either delete it, or simply move it to the sports section.

oki doki? Good.

cashman 11-08-2008 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny27 (Post 617701)
And i dunno, maybe it is considered a sport.)

need i say more?:D:D:D:D:D:D

danny27 11-08-2008 11:11

ok smart ass, it is a sport, but i still think it deserves more of a mention than your everyday football match, you know?

( Jeeeesus christ, why the hell dont you discuss the matter rather than debating whether it should be in the sport section of general chat. DOESNT GENERAL CHAT mean GENERAL ie, TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!??? )

MargaretR 11-08-2008 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny27 (Post 617709)
ok smart ass, it is a sport, but i still think it deserves more of a mention than your everyday football match, you know?

( Jeeeesus christ, why the hell dont you discuss the matter rather than debating whether it should be in the sport section of general chat. DOESNT GENERAL CHAT mean GENERAL ie, TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!??? )

question 1.....no
question 2.....no

danny27 11-08-2008 11:20

... i give in.

GO TEAM GB!!!

jaysay 11-08-2008 16:36

Quote:

Well not exactly a sport more like about 50 different sports all rolled into one really:rolleyes:

Gayle 11-08-2008 17:31

I think it's fantastic and well done to all the British GIRLS!

By the way - the diver who partnered the young 14 yr old lad was not the best loser in the world!

flashy 11-08-2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 617838)
By the way - the diver who partnered the young 14 yr old lad was not the best loser in the world!

i'll say lol he blamed the poor kid for them not winning, something about being more interested in the press than his diving

pipinfort 11-08-2008 18:11

What a load of Botox.............bad loser

jambutty 12-08-2008 02:08

Quote:

I agree with you.

The Olympics is not in itself a sport. It is an event and as such, the event can be talked about in the “General Chat” folder.

But then as your opinion differs to that of some other members you are wrong, even if you are right, and they are right even if they are wrong.

MargaretR 12-08-2008 02:19

Quite a large sporting event at that

steeljack 12-08-2008 04:59

for every 10 minutes of actual sport , we get 50 minutes of advertisements for junk food (mcDonalds being a major sponsor) , athelete profiles including crippled idiot savant siblings, and senile grandparents , not to mention uneducted boorish/racist commentators whose knowledge of world geography is zero. All this on a 15 hour tape-delay which reminds one of cinema newsreels during the 50s :eek: :eek:

bonny_tuesday 12-08-2008 07:24

Re: Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony

Sound bites really bore me and I dont watch much tv because of them. It seems these days that every prog is punctuated by them. How this person entered this that or the other contest because they lost their parents at an early age and they are doing it for them!! Its all hype and spin and its a real put off!!
As for the Olympics, individually I wish all the athletes good luck but as far as the money spent on the opening ceremony and all the other bunkum that goes with these things I think its obscene. Its money WASTED. Its not supposed to be a competition of which country can spend the most money on costumes, fireworks etc.
I wont be watching it if I can help it.

Lolly 12-08-2008 09:02

We have definately won another medal. Dont know which one yet though. Theres 2 men to go in the Canoe Slalom. And we are currently in 1st. Its on BBC 1 now.

Lolly 12-08-2008 09:07

We got silver! Well done to David Florence.:D