Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   The English Defence League Accrington Division (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/the-english-defence-league-accrington-division-52056.html)

yerself 19-03-2010 21:26

Re: The English Defence League Accrington Division

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Nice wedding photographs by the way.

Is it a local mosque in the background?

I've only just seen this thread. He's one of those who says he's an atheist, gets married in the register office then nips across the road to have his wedding photographs taken in a churchyard.:rolleyes:

garinda 19-03-2010 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 798661)
I've only just seen this thread. He's one of those who says he's an atheist, gets married in the register office then nips across the road to have his wedding photographs taken in a churchyard.:rolleyes:

Don't be too hard.

It's an English tradition after all.

Pop in and use His gaff. Few pics. Pop out, and all without bothering God too much.

:camera8:

Mancie 20-03-2010 02:33

The EDL have a protest rally that is plastered all over the internet.. some other bods go to work and call for a protest about the protest by the EDL... and so so.
The EDL are football hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do on the day..the opposition to the EDL are young Asians that have nothing better to do on the day.
It's all good stuff if you want punch up. pure and simple.

garinda 20-03-2010 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 798698)
The EDL have a protest rally that is plastered all over the internet.. some other bods go to work and call for a protest about the protest by the EDL... and so so.
The EDL are football hooligans that ain't got nowt else to do on the day..the opposition to the EDL are young Asians that have nothing better to do on the day.
It's all good stuff if you want punch up. pure and simple.

'Thousands of anti-fascist campaigners and trade unionists will descend on Bolton on Saturday to stop English Defence League (EDL) thugs marching through the town centre.

Unite Against Fascism, which called the national demonstration, said yesterday that its local branches had organised around 70 coaches from across the country to bring protesters to Bolton's Victoria Square for 11am on Saturday.

The rally will hear speeches from the Labour movement, including representatives of the CWU, PCS, NUT and UCU unions'
Activists to confront far right in Bolton / Britain / Home - Morning Star

You're probably on the coach by now, but just to let you know, the weather is wet, so bring a rain-mate.

;):D

Less 20-03-2010 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 798728)

You're probably on the coach by now, but just to let you know, the weather is wet, so bring a rain-mate.

;):D

From what you've said earlier rindy, they will have to stop off quite some way, away for a beer break because everywhere is closed.

Not my idea of a fun day out.

Less walks away, whistling, 'with me little stick of Blackpool Rock'.

garinda 20-03-2010 09:11

'TOWN Hall chiefs have expressed their disappointment after Home Secretary Alan Johnson said there was nothing he could do to stop the planned English Defence League rally in Bolton tomorrow.'

'Civic leaders wanted to ban the protest because of the potential for violence to break out, as has happened at other EDL rallies across the country.'
Disappointment at Government's line (From The Bolton News)

If you don't here from me again, it's been nice knowing you.

(I won't be in hospital by the way. I'll be banged up for A.B.H., for assaulting someone with a rolled up theatre programme.)

;) :D

shillelagh 20-03-2010 14:04

i wonder if we will hear again from rindy ......

BBC News - Thirty-four arrests in 'hostile' EDL protest in Bolton

jaysay 20-03-2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 798843)
i wonder if we will hear again from rindy ......

BBC News - Thirty-four arrests in 'hostile' EDL protest in Bolton

Could be possible it maybe be in words of one syllable:D

garinda 20-03-2010 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 798846)
Could be possible it maybe be in words of one syllable:D

Triumphant.

;)

It is a worry, especially taking younger members of the family, as it still seems there's trouble going on.

We're eating before we get to Bolton now, hoping the muppets will be tired of the rain, by the time we get there.

Farewell...

:rolleyes::D

shillelagh 20-03-2010 23:55

your back safe and sound rindy ..:D:D:D

garinda 21-03-2010 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 799022)
your back safe and sound rindy ..:D:D:D

Safe and sound.

We even ate in Bolton, after the Olive Press called us and gave us the all clear.

:)

It must have cost millions.

Besides boarding all the shops, the loss of trade on the busiest day, and the hundreds of police, who we were told, acted very professionally, and did a good job in trying to keep order.

When we arrived it was like a ghost town.

mattylad 22-03-2010 17:37

Seems that at the recent Bolton event, it was not the EDL that were arrested but those protesting against them.

cashman 22-03-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylad (Post 799467)
Seems that at the recent Bolton event, it was not the EDL that were arrested but those protesting against them.

not quite accurate, said the Majority of arrests were from Unite Against Facism.:)

StevenWaling 25-03-2010 12:46

Another reason to leave Accrington - it's full of bloody racist boneheads

Barrie Yates 25-03-2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenWaling (Post 800102)
Another reason to leave Accrington - it's full of bloody racist boneheads

I am struggling to discern any logic in your post, perhaps you would care to enlighten me?