Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   E-Cigs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/e-cigs-62826.html)

flashy 08-11-2012 18:34

E-Cigs

has anyone tried them yet? i have had one for about a month now and haven't had a fag at all, i use the ones that you put the liquid in, the liquid i'm using has 0mg of nicotine in it, yes i know there's no point in that but as a social smoker i find it very handy when my mates are smoking and i fancy a fag

anyone else got one?

cashman 08-11-2012 18:58

Re: E-Cigs

yep shaz 3 months now neer had or wanted a fag since.:) in fact we went to Plymouth fer 5 days a few weeks since n forgot to take the damn thing, n honest it neer bothered me at all.:eek:

lancsdave 08-11-2012 19:00

We have both had one for 7 weeks now, and was bought off the recommendation of one of our 'senior' members. Works even better when you know that senior member recommends a product sponsoring Burnley FC :D

flashy 08-11-2012 19:09

I buy my clearomizers from vip in the arndale, 2 for a fiver, liquid off Blackburn Market £4 each or 3 for £10

my fella changes his clearomizer every 4 weeks because they start burning if you don't, i love mine, unfortunately/fortunately so does Reece

lancsdave 08-11-2012 19:13

By the way Cashy, there's a Totally Wicked re-seller opened on Henry St.

cashman 08-11-2012 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027088)

What down Church? n if summats right dont matter Dingles or not i will say so.:D

lancsdave 08-11-2012 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1027091)
What down Church?

Yep.

My daughter mentioned it the other day and I just checked the TW website. Called Vapourzone

cashman 08-11-2012 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027092)
Yep.

My daughter mentioned it the other day and I just checked the TW website. Called Vapourzone

Great stuff, cheers dave n daughter.:)

Gremlin 08-11-2012 20:21

My wife has a box full which she will not try, they were prescribed when she had a stay in Wythenshawe hospital.

cashman 08-11-2012 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1027127)
My wife has a box full which she will not try, they were prescribed when she had a stay in Wythenshawe hospital.

Dont think they are these mate am sure they are unavailable on prescription, they told me that at smokers clinic at accy vic.;) They will be them useless little white uns they prescribed me i think.

Margaret Pilkington 08-11-2012 20:37

good to see so many of you have given up the fags.......well, it has to be good for your health, and not so bad for your wallet.

lancsdave 08-11-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1027077)
i'm using has 0mg of nicotine in it,

Was talking to somebody about that the other week and still not got my head round it :D

cashman 08-11-2012 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1027147)
good to see so many of you have given up the fags.......well, it has to be good for your health, and not so bad for your wallet.

Theres another 3 members i know of got em Margaret, but as they aint posted i aint saying who.:)

Margaret Pilkington 08-11-2012 20:41

Great stuff.......and robbing the chancellor(of Tobacco tax) too...that must make you all feel just a little bit smug.
It has to be win-win.

lancsdave 08-11-2012 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1027153)
Great stuff.......and robbing the chancellor(of Tobacco tax) too...that must make you all feel just a little bit smug.
It has to be win-win.

Never even thought of that one but you're right I now feel smugger :)

cashman 08-11-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027164)
Never even thought of that one but you're right I now feel smugger :)

I never thought of that either, but i'm smug as hell now cheers Margaret.:)

Margaret Pilkington 09-11-2012 06:37

welcome Cashy...very welcome. I applaud you all!

Sunflower49 09-11-2012 10:19

My partner used to be a 20-30 a day Pall Mall black or Marlboro Black-strong cigarettes and now has an e-cig and he hasn't smoked since July.

I only ever smoked 'socially' as in when I had an alcoholic drink in my hand!And had only done that for a few years-however I never actually wanted to give it up, I didn't see it as a problem because it wasn't costing me much (if any) money, and I wasn't addicted, never had one during the day or anything.

And then he bought me one for my birthday, and I decided I liked it. Now I don't ever smoke either. We have ones from TotallyWicked. The titan tank ones. I love them. Websites is very useful and the man who runs the shop we go to is lovely and really helpful.
Trouble is, now I've got one of these I actually use it much more often than I ever smoked tobacco. Ah well!

katex 09-11-2012 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1027150)
Theres another 3 members i know of got em Margaret, but as they aint posted i aint saying who.:)

Hahaha, and I'm one of them ;)

Had mine since Monday. Only helping a little at the moment, not keen on the taste and smoking regular cigarettes in between. Is helping a little though and will persevere.

Sunflower49 09-11-2012 10:31

Thing I love most about 'vaping' instead of smoking is not having ashtrays and not smelling of smoke!

cashman 09-11-2012 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1027247)
Hahaha, and I'm one of them ;)

Had mine since Monday. Only helping a little at the moment, not keen on the taste and smoking regular cigarettes in between. Is helping a little though and will persevere.

Pop in the shop in Burnley Kate n tell em, theres different flavours n they are very helpful.;) I got same one as you sugermouse think its brill.

lancsdave 09-11-2012 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1027255)
Pop in the shop in Burnley Kate n tell em, theres different flavours n they are very helpful.;) I got same one as you sugermouse think its brill.

Shop local :)

heth 09-11-2012 11:47

The Cashman were the one to recomend one to me when we met in the pub about 1 1/2 months ago. I bought the same one that he had and also bought some Strawberry flavoured liquid to go in it.

I were doing very well and nearly gave up all fags but then we had a holiday approaching in Cyprus and as I am not a good flyer ended up buying some at Manchester Airport and standing in the smoking shed there till we took off, a beer in one hand and a "proper" fag in the other!

When we were in Cyprus even though I took the e-fag with me I didnt touch is all week as 20 fags were 2.5 euro's so ended up smoking them all week and coming back with 200!

I am now on both at the min, fags during the day and then at night at home I am smoking the efag so I am trying again.

I do find them very good and they do give you the same "hit" as a proper fag but at the min the only break I get from personal things is going outside for a fag and having 5mins to myself so dont think I will be giving the day fags up any time soon to keep my sanity! ;)

heth 09-11-2012 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027259)
Shop local :)

Do you stock the stuff for totally wicked Dave?

Neil 09-11-2012 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 1027271)
I do find them very good and they do give you the same "hit" as a proper fag but at the min the only break I get from personal things is going outside for a fag and having 5mins to myself so dont think I will be giving the day fags up any time soon to keep my sanity! ;)

Does it say in the instructions that you can't smoke them outside? :rolleyes:

heth 09-11-2012 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1027279)
Does it say in the instructions that you can't smoke them outside? :rolleyes:

Oi you, dont start.:thefinger

Mind over matter and the ways things are going if I wanna "proper" fag I will because it gives me more satisfation than a efag at the min :p

churchfcrules 09-11-2012 12:45

im tempted to try one of these, i have given up twice in 2 years lasted 12 months then fell back in and for the last few weeks have been smoking again, doesnt help that mrs church still smokes

so think it might be worth a try!!!

flashy 09-11-2012 13:07

They do all the stuff you need at Bluntzilla next door to the hope and anchor, i got my strawberry and menthol mix off them and have been in today and got a chocolate, they let you try all the different flavours they do too...which helps a lot when you're not sure which to buy

Gordon Booth 09-11-2012 13:51

flashy, you've gone without a cigarette and your e cig doesn't even have nicotine in it?
Just shows how much of it is habit as well as addiction.
Must try these, life is difficult these days when you're one of the Great Unclean. Anyway I can use the money and need the extra oxygen!

flashy 09-11-2012 14:25

It is habit Gordon, i would say i only used to smoke about 5 a week anyway, i 'vape' because i like the taste, from that 5 a week it's gone to none a week

Sunflower49 09-11-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1027306)
It is habit Gordon, i would say i only used to smoke about 5 a week anyway, i 'vape' because i like the taste, from that 5 a week it's gone to none a week

I like the taste as well. I use menthol-but I do tend to vape constantly,even though when I smoked it was only a few a night-sometimes at work only one or two. I feel better though-which I didn't expect because I didn't smoke heavily anyway.
Just cleaner somehow!

lancsdave 10-11-2012 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 1027272)
Do you stock the stuff for totally wicked Dave?

No but I did post further up the thread about a shop opening locally that does sell it.

Don't know what it is but I have this bee in my bonnet about people using local shops if possible. Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool :D

accyman 10-11-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027088)

if you look up the forum on their webiste under offers or on twitter theres a daily code that gets between 11 - 20 % off purchases .The friday code is used for saturday as well.resellers dont do these dicounts and are more expensive than buying direct

totally wicked also deliver stuff ordered by phone at least as i have had emergency supplies sent out when i havnt been able to get to blackburn

i mix my own liquid its a lot cheaper and have been ciggy free for 9 months maybe more but i still have nicotine in mine but reducing it gradually

accyman 10-11-2012 19:49

also isnt it great been able to smoke in the cinema again and the pub and theres fcuk all they can do to stop ya hahahahaha

Benipete 11-11-2012 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1027447)
No but I did post further up the thread about a shop opening locally that does sell it.

Don't know what it is but I have this bee in my bonnet about people using local shops if possible. Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool :D

The shop is opposite the Broadway pub £3-00 a bottle and loads to choose from.

Been on them myself for quite some time now.:)

flashy 11-11-2012 12:47

I've already mentioned that one Pete, its called Bluntzilla, next to the hope and anchor, they are very helpful in there, i got a chocolate liquid and a strawberry/menthol liquid from them

JCB 15-02-2013 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1027519)
if you look up the forum on their webiste under offers or on twitter theres a daily code that gets between 11 - 20 % off purchases .The friday code is used for saturday as well.resellers dont do these dicounts and are more expensive than buying direct

totally wicked also deliver stuff ordered by phone at least as i have had emergency supplies sent out when i havnt been able to get to blackburn

i mix my own liquid its a lot cheaper and have been ciggy free for 9 months maybe more but i still have nicotine in mine but reducing it gradually

You were the first person , accyman , I saw using an E-Cig . And thanks for letting me know about them .

After 50 years of smoking cigarettes I haven't had a fag since three months today . I bought an E-Cig at Bluntzilla and actually enjoy it more than cigarettes which I haven't missed one little bit .

I have noticed that there are plenty of places now where they are being sold . I am a little wary of the contents of the fluid being sold by some of them though . I bought a bottle from a local shop and there is nothing on the bottle other than the name of the flavour . The box it's in gives no name of any manufacturer .

What I bought from Bluntzilla has been fine , but I have decided to use Vapour Zone on Henry St which has already been mentioned on this thread . They specialize in E-Cigs and the liquids .

I'm ok with the E-Cig , so am I being a bit paranoid and does anyone know of someone who has had health problems with these new gadgets ?

MargaretR 15-02-2013 10:41

If you want to know what is in them look here -

E-cigarette - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main ingredient is also in antifreeze and de-icers.

Gordon Booth 15-02-2013 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1042192)

I'll go for recipe 1-less chemicals, more nicotine. And this time of year I need antifreeze.
The prices are ridiculous, though( E cigs in particular)- are there other makes less expensive?

MargaretR 15-02-2013 11:00

PS - a bit more webrowsing reveals that manufacturers differ in what they use.
So it may well be wise to avoid using any 'made in China'

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diethylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Polyethylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunflower49 15-02-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1042186)
You were the first person , accyman , I saw using an E-Cig . And thanks for letting me know about them .

After 50 years of smoking cigarettes I haven't had a fag since three months today . I bought an E-Cig at Bluntzilla and actually enjoy it more than cigarettes which I haven't missed one little bit .

I have noticed that there are plenty of places now where they are being sold . I am a little wary of the contents of the fluid being sold by some of them though . I bought a bottle from a local shop and there is nothing on the bottle other than the name of the flavour . The box it's in gives no name of any manufacturer .

What I bought from Bluntzilla has been fine , but I have decided to use Vapour Zone on Henry St which has already been mentioned on this thread . They specialize in E-Cigs and the liquids .

I'm ok with the E-Cig , so am I being a bit paranoid and does anyone know of someone who has had health problems with these new gadgets ?

I get headaches from mine when the battery runs low-because I kind of inhale too hard, when it isn't giving me the usual sensation. But I've tried to solve that by never letting it run low!
Ingredients are listed on the website where mine's from and the shop assistant talked me through it before I began using it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1042193)
I'll go for recipe 1-less chemicals, more nicotine. And this time of year I need antifreeze.
The prices are ridiculous, though( E cigs in particular)- are there other makes less expensive?

The one I have I checked-they're £45 for two batteries, a filter, spare liquid holders, e-liquid and a battery charger (plug and USB). I've not looked at any other brands so not sure how they compare, although I know my partner is always on the website as they have sales often-he probably bought mind on discount.

DaveinGermany 15-02-2013 18:03

Sounds like swapping one addiction for another. :)

JCB 15-02-2013 18:40

Thanks for the info Margaret and sugarmouse .

Sunflower49 16-02-2013 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1042262)
Sounds like swapping one addiction for another. :)

It's the SAME addiction even lol just a different method!
I do feel better for not smoking, though. I didn't expect to notice a difference (because I didn't smoke much compared to most smokers) but I did.

I hate the scent of smoke too, so I'm happier now I don't have that.

Restless 16-02-2013 08:55

The people I know that have them don't use them for long before they are back on the real thing

susie123 16-02-2013 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1042195)

Ah my old friend polyethylene glycol, the water soluble wax... takes me back!

Thirty years ago when I worked as an archaeological conservator on the Mary Rose in Portsmouth, we used PEG to preserve wood and leather items by soaking them in a PEG solution and then freeze drying them to remove the water. Later a similar technique was use to preserve the hull of the ship.

Mary Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some months ago I had to have a colonoscoy, preparation for which involves washing out the intestine with a laxative. I was presented with several litres of liquid to drink, the chief ingredient of which was listed as Macrogol. Imagine my surprise when this turned out to be - polyethyene glycol!

Whole bowel irrigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A very versatile substance, I think you'll agree.

jaysay 17-02-2013 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1042349)
The people I know that have them don't use them for long before they are back on the real thing

Cashy and Accyman are still using um and they've both been on them for quite a while, accyman was using his while round at my place last week, I had no problems with it what so ever, I'm all for them.

Restless 17-02-2013 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1042526)
I had no problems with it what so ever, I'm all for them.

You used one?

flashy 17-02-2013 09:37

been using mine since October (ish), not had any problems with it

jaysay 17-02-2013 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1042527)
You used one?

No Rob, no need too I haven't smoked for 35 years, what I'm saying is the "smoke" these things give of had no effect on my chest what so ever whereas cigarette smoke would have me coughing and spluttering all over the place, but wouldn't have been aloud in my gaff in the first place

cashman 03-03-2013 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1042349)

Perhaps thats cos they bought a cheap version? Which is crap as i discovered, The one i have cost £60 n am still using it all these months on, So paid fer it self in less than a fortnight.;)Theres quite a few cheap versions about which cost £20 or so I have tried a couple, plus listened to people that have used others n don't rate em at all, its what works fer the individual, Can't afford a dear un is no excuse, cos of what fags cost these days,

Sunflower49 03-03-2013 12:36

I've never tried a different one but I agree because of what people have told me-they're definitely not something you should skimp on-particularly as they save so much money in the long-run.

(Unless you're me, who when she first got hers, lost about three of them on the trot and kept having to get new ones )....:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 03-03-2013 13:31

I was in our local papershop yesterday and the chap in front of me spent £72 on cigarettes.....I was horrified to see how little he got for his money.....would guess it was his supply for the week.
I'm so glad it is a habit I never took to.

maxthecollie 03-03-2013 13:34

Agree Margaret, I'm glad I never got hooked. Smoked one ciggy when I was 15 ,coughed that much and said never again.To this day I have not tried another

Margaret Pilkington 03-03-2013 14:05

I never even had a puff of a cigarette......though I was coaxed to try them, I didn't like the smell of them.

Margaret Pilkington 03-03-2013 14:10

that combined with the fact that I never did anything because 'everyone else was doing it'.........I always wanted to be different...or, as my mother would say,'perverse'.(though not in respect of cigarettes - I think she was quite glad I never took up the habit. It meant I always had some of my 'spends' left when there was more week left than money)

Gordon Booth 03-03-2013 14:20

Go on, go on,bask in it, rub it in.
There's only one thing worse than a non smoker- that's an ex-smoker.

If we didn't pay all that tax they'd have to shut the NHS down, overall we don't cost it- we pay for it. And we die younger so take less pension, occupy care homes less etc.
Smoking should be compulsory- it would help resolve the 'ageing population problem'.

After all that, don't tell anyone but we've been looking up e cigs( the better ones as cashman suggested)- dear but as he says you soon get your money back. If they work we won't need the NHS so you won't need our taxes.

We'll see.

maxthecollie 03-03-2013 14:25

They'll find something else to tax us on

Sunflower49 05-03-2013 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1044830)
Go on, go on,bask in it, rub it in.
There's only one thing worse than a non smoker- that's an ex-smoker.

If we didn't pay all that tax they'd have to shut the NHS down, overall we don't cost it- we pay for it. And we die younger so take less pension, occupy care homes less etc.
Smoking should be compulsory- it would help resolve the 'ageing population problem'.

After all that, don't tell anyone but we've been looking up e cigs( the better ones as cashman suggested)- dear but as he says you soon get your money back. If they work we won't need the NHS so you won't need our taxes.

We'll see.

I've seen the EU have been anticipating a 'ban' on them. I do wonder if It's related to the fact that cigarettes have such a correspondence to economy :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1044827)
I never even had a puff of a cigarette......though I was coaxed to try them, I didn't like the smell of them.

I hate the smell too-and weirdly I did even when I did smoke tobacco. Especially stale ashtrays-not so bad if I'm around smokers when they're smoking, It's when they've been left to fester a while that makes me feel sick.

Gordon Booth 12-06-2013 18:12

Well, it was inevitable- more EU interference, UK falls in line.
From 2016 e cigs will have to be licensed as A MEDICINE?? BBC internet news. Unbelievable!
They should still be available, not clear how easily, but with regulation, safety checks etc the cost is bound to go up even if the firms don't go bust.
They just can't leave us alone, can they?
Still, if they're medicines those who qualify should be able to get them free on prescription, shouldn't they?

Less 12-06-2013 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062532)
From 2016 e cigs will have to be licensed as A MEDICINE?? BBC internet news. Unbelievable!
They should still be available, not clear how easily, but with regulation, safety checks etc the cost is bound to go up even if the firms don't go bust.
Still, if they're medicines those who qualify should be able to get them free on prescription, shouldn't they?

I'll stick to me fags, less persecution and what the hey, it must be good for you or else MargaretR wouldn't smoke, would she?

Gordon Booth 12-06-2013 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1062533)
it must be good for you or else MargaretR wouldn't smoke, would she?

All part of her recipe for stress free living, Less.
Although I would have thought anyone who can't handle tree pollen, gas central heating or air fresheners would have problems with Golden Virginia. Better to be smoking a laxative/antifreeze, I would have thought.

Less 12-06-2013 19:01

E-Cigs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062537)
Although I would have thought anyone who can't handle tree pollen, gas central heating or air fresheners would have problems with Golden Virginia. Better to be smoking a laxative/antifreeze, I would have thought.

Yes at last, you remember a tale something like, a monkey on your back and the only way to remove it is to fool someone to volunteer carrying it for you?
Well allow me to introduce you to your monkey, mags, oh, mags, Gordon is ready for you now anytime you want, shout at him in future!
;)

Gordon Booth 12-06-2013 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1062539)
Yes at last, you remember a tale something like, a monkey on your back and the only way to remove it is to fool someone to volunteer carrying it for you?
Well allow me to introduce you to your monkey, mags, oh, mags, Gordon is ready for you now anytime you want, shout at him in future!
;)

Now, Less, you know you enjoy being a monkey!
Anyway, try as I might I doubt if I could out- monkey you. Also you know MargaretR would miss you.

susie123 12-06-2013 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062537)

I refer you to post four in this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-64370.html

Gordon Booth 12-06-2013 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1062542)
I refer you to post four in this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-64370.html

Precisely, susie. All we smokers know what damage we are doing to ourselves so there's no point in complaining.

Back to thread- I'm trying an e cig( a good one as cashman recommended) and it does help but I haven't got anywhere near a full switch over yet.

Perhaps bringing a load of cheap cigarettes and tobacco back from Ibiza in May wasn't a good idea!

jaysay 13-06-2013 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062547)
Precisely, susie. All we smokers know what damage we are doing to ourselves so there's no point in complaining.

Back to thread- I'm trying an e cig( a good one as cashman recommended) and it does help but I haven't got anywhere near a full switch over yet.

Perhaps bringing a load of cheap cigarettes and tobacco back from Ibiza in May wasn't a good idea!

There's always the dustbin for the stash you brought back from Ibiza Gordon:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Gordon Booth 13-06-2013 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1062594)
There's always the dustbin for the stash you brought back from Ibiza Gordon:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Wash your mouth out! Dustbin all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!
Would you throw rolls of fivers in the bin- goes against my careful nature.
Anyway, after 50 years I reckon it's too late to worry about the harm my little stash might do me. It'll soon be gone. Then I can concentrate on the e cig.
Trouble is, we'll be off on holiday again by then!

Less 13-06-2013 15:18

E-Cigs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062659)
Wash your mouth out! Dustbin all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!
Would you throw rolls of fivers in the bin- goes against my careful nature.
Anyway, after 50 years I reckon it's too late to worry about the harm my little stash might do me. It'll soon be gone. Then I can concentrate on the e cig.
Trouble is, we'll be off on holiday again by then!

Leave jay alone, he's an ex smoker, he even after all these years remembers what year and day he took his last fag!
Deny it as he might, he's still an addict to the weed, just like a heroin addict, none of us are ever cured no matter how long since the last fix.

accyman 13-06-2013 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062532)

so with the only speciific drug in them been nicotine are they now saying nicotine is a medicine and if so what does it cure.

a lot of people mix tehir own liquid some with no nicotine in at all so the only ingredients would be vegetable glycirine and proplene glycol which are both food additives and can be found in the food section at asda for example

jaysay 13-06-2013 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1062663)
Leave jay alone, he's an ex smoker, he even after all these years remembers what year and day he took his last fag!
Deny it as he might, he's still an addict to the weed, just like a heroin addict, none of us are ever cured no matter how long since the last fix.

Well your right and wrong Less, right in saying I know the date I stopped, wrong in saying I'm still addicted, never used to bother me when smoking was allowed in pubs, it was just a nuisance wafting passed my nose:)

DaveinGermany 13-06-2013 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062659)
all that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!

Is this a cross over? Challenging the assumptions from the "Who owns what?" thread? :rolleyes:

Gordon Booth 13-06-2013 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1062680)
so with the only speciific drug in them been nicotine are they now saying nicotine is a medicine and if so what does it cure.

a lot of people mix tehir own liquid some with no nicotine in at all so the only ingredients would be vegetable glycirine and proplene glycol which are both food additives and can be found in the food section at asda for example

I'm sure flashy said hers were zero nicotine but she still stopped cigs( although she wasn't a heavy smoker). So in her case which bit is the medicine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1062685)
Is this a cross over? Challenging the assumptions from the "Who owns what?" thread? :rolleyes:

You've got me there, DinG-elaborate please. It's all this carbon monoxide in my blood, stops me thinking(or perhaps it's senility).

DaveinGermany 13-06-2013 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062688)
You've got me there, DinG-elaborate please. It's all this carbon monoxide in my blood, stops me thinking(or perhaps it's senility).

Just that the "Who owns what" thread wandered into the realms of GCHQ, listening in, reading peoples mails & comments on websites, picking up "Key words" then paying more attention to the individual making said comments.

So when someone reads "All that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!" eyebrows may be raised & someone'll be knocking on your door to ask a few questions Gordon. :)

Gordon Booth 13-06-2013 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1062689)
So when someone reads "All that lovely, addictive, foul smelling dried weed!" eyebrows may be raised & someone'll be knocking on your door to ask a few questions Gordon. :)

Got-cha. As long as they don't try to 'cadge a fag' off me I'll welcome them in.

Neil 14-06-2013 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1062680)

I am going to guess it won't be the machines themselves that will be licensed but the nicotine containing juice. If you want to mix your own no one will be able to stop you.

It does sound sensible though that whatever it is your inhaling has been tested and proven to be safe in the same way as other nicotine replacement gums and patches.

jaysay 14-06-2013 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1062716)
I am going to guess it won't be the machines themselves that will be licensed but the nicotine containing juice. If you want to mix your own no one will be able to stop you.

It does sound sensible though that whatever it is your inhaling has been tested and proven to be safe in the same way as other nicotine replacement gums and patches.

Think you've got that one right Neil, to do otherwise would be like me saying, there's another drug to treat asthma which hasn't been tested but its cheaper than those that have, always better to be safe than sorry

westendlass 19-06-2013 20:55

I like a ciggie myself but my daughter is a smoking cessation advisor and she would rather I had a cigarette than an E Cig,. Apparently, one of the components of the liquid in them is formaldehyde (embalming fluid). She says more research needs to be done before they are released on the general public and that they are banned in some countries already.

cashman 19-06-2013 21:53

I have had n E-Cig fer 9/10 months now,after smoking heavy fer oer 50 yrs, everyone says i look miles better, n also lost me cough, But the "Only" reason i gave up is economic not health, otherwise i would still be on fags, Missus also tells me, i have lost me vile smell n breath, summat i'd obviously never noticed, so i'll stick as i am.:)

Retlaw 19-06-2013 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1063455)
I like a ciggie myself but my daughter is a smoking cessation advisor and she would rather I had a cigarette than an E Cig,. Apparently, one of the components of the liquid in them is formaldehyde (embalming fluid). She says more research needs to be done before they are released on the general public and that they are banned in some countries already.

On the list of ingredients in the liquid I use there is no mention of Formaldehyde. Have you ever smelt that stuff, why would it be in E liquids. Probably those countries that are banning them have dodgy incredients .

jaysay 20-06-2013 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1063469)
I have had n E-Cig fer 9/10 months now,after smoking heavy fer oer 50 yrs, everyone says i look miles better, n also lost me cough, But the "Only" reason i gave up is economic not health, otherwise i would still be on fags, Missus also tells me, i have lost me vile smell n breath, summat i'd obviously never noticed, so i'll stick as i am.:)

What's the saving to you Cashy between fags and using E-cigs

Retlaw 20-06-2013 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063492)

Mines dropped to around 10% of what it was when I smoked a pipe.

cashman 20-06-2013 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063492)

About £40 a week.:eek: Wi Fags not bacca,

accyman 20-06-2013 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1062688)
I'm sure flashy said hers were zero nicotine but she still stopped cigs( although she wasn't a heavy smoker). So in her case which bit is the medicine?

lol i did say some have no nicotine.I have a batch of strawberry with zero nicotine in and a seperate bach of tobbacco flavour with a tiny bit of nicotine

basically two things have happened here

1: nicorette have been kicking up a right fuss because they are loosing money hand over fist to e-cigs.Rather than compete they have pestered government and have also started visous lies that e-cigs are dangerous and you dont know whats in them via information they pass on to smoking cessation who promote the hell out of nicorette products

2: just as when diesil was half teh price of petrol government have seen that theres a lot of money been spent on a product and have decided to tax the hell out of it.People switched to diesil cars because fuel was cheaper and you got more miles to teh gallon.This was good because government wanted people to use less fossil fuels for this enviroment bull they were spewing but as soon as the public do as asked government punished them for it.

while i on this matter have you noticed that when all these so called energy saving things came out like those not so light light bulbs and companies made their electronics more energy friendly british gas and others bumped up the cost of electricity and gas ?

the public use less so british gas were taking a hit so charged double for what was been used just like whats happened with diesil

country run by crooks who devise ways of making each other money

soap box away for a bit lol

Guinness 21-06-2013 08:05

Hold the conspiracy theory view myself, (40 year smoker and 9 months free thanks to the e-cig), which is upsetting quite a few in big business with powerful lobbyists.

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma?s Monopoly | Economy Watch

jaysay 21-06-2013 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1063666)
Hold the conspiracy theory view myself, (40 year smoker and 9 months free thanks to the e-cig), which is upsetting quite a few in big business with powerful lobbyists.

Up in Smoke: Distrust of E-cigarettes Cement Big Pharma?s Monopoly | Economy Watch

Ya there will be some very big noses being put out of joint by E-cigs, Guinness, could end up like a deck of cards

cashman 21-06-2013 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1063666)

Don't disagree, personally though i reckon by the time they stuff us proper, i will have stopped anyway. only have a couple of mins tooting a day now.

jaysay 21-06-2013 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1063675)
Don't disagree, personally though i reckon by the time they stuff us proper, i will have stopped anyway. only have a couple of mins tooting a day now.

The best thing will be that your health will improve too Cashy, that's the biggest plus

cashman 21-06-2013 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063677)
The best thing will be that your health will improve too Cashy, that's the biggest plus

It already has mate.;)

Gordon Booth 21-06-2013 11:58

Loss of sales by tobacco companies, NRT companies, pharmaceutical companies but most important loss of tax! Major money losses.
How long before some wizz kid in the Treasury says' We only taxed taxed tobacco because it had nicotine in it and was totally addictive so we got lots of money.So does e liquid so we should tax that similarly. That gives us a win/win situation!'

'Infamy. Infamy! They've all got it in for me'.

Less 21-06-2013 12:57

E-Cigs

I've not been tempted off the weed yet, haven't wanted to buy into the efag society, but the results for friends so far have been miraculous.
30 or 40 years a smoker and they have almost quit over night.
IF there are harmful products in the ingredients surely six months worth of them to end up quitting should be encouraged? It can't be any worse.

MargaretR 21-06-2013 13:04

I considered getting one but was put off by what is in the liquid - it does seem to vary between brands. There are likely as many unscrupulous rogues in that industry as there are in pharmacuticals so I have stayed with my hand rolling, adding herbs.

After 55 years puffing away like a trooper I am almost weaned off them, (though it took the forest of birch trees to finally convince me). :D

Less 21-06-2013 13:08

E-Cigs

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1063694)
I considered getting one but was put off by what is in the liquid - it does seem to vary between brands. There are likely as many unscrupulous rogues in that industry as there are in pharmacuticals so I have stayed with my hand rolling, adding herbs.

After 55 years puffing away like a trooper I am almost weaned off them, (though it took the forest of birch trees to finally convince me). :D

Sometimes mags you come across as over cautious, I bet you won't buy beef from a butchers unless you've seen a written log from the farmer showing what make of toilet roll he used to wipe the cows arse!
:)

Gordon Booth 21-06-2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1063692)
I've not been tempted off the weed yet, haven't wanted to buy into the efag society, but the results for friends so far have been miraculous.
30 or 40 years a smoker and they have almost quit over night.
IF there are harmful products in the ingredients surely six months worth of them to end up quitting should be encouraged? It can't be any worse.

I've not stopped the weed altogether but I'm getting there.

We use those little plastic filters for our cigs. They soon clog up after 10 to 15 ordinary cigs but home rolled- 5 or 6 and they're disgusting. When you see all that black goo you wonder(no, you know) what your lungs are like.

Whatever is in e cigs it can't be as bad as that!

Even worse, don't you smoke Golden Virginia, MargaretR? That really is strong stuff, it's like inhaling iron filings and you should see the little filters after 3 or 4 of those!

MargaretR 21-06-2013 14:00

Remember "cool as a mountain stream" ads -
Menthol cigs are now banned by the EU
EU Agrees Ban on Menthol Cigarettes - Guy Fawkes' blog

If you like them there is nothing to stop you from buying menthol crystals from a chemist and dipping the lit end of a fag in them (knew someone who did just that)

PS I only eat organic beef - I keep big eared Charlie in profit:( - Duchy Originals

I have a cigarette holder and use pipe cleaners on it, also roll up using filters.

cashman 21-06-2013 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1063699)
I've not stopped the weed altogether but I'm getting there.

We use those little plastic filters for our cigs. They soon clog up after 10 to 15 ordinary cigs but home rolled- 5 or 6 and they're disgusting. When you see all that black goo you wonder(no, you know) what your lungs are like.

Whatever is in e cigs it can't be as bad as that!

My sentiments exactly Gordon, Thing i found wi E-Cigs is different quality, i tried one which i found no use, but the one i paid more for i find great, brings home to me= yeh get what yeh pay fer.;)

Less 21-06-2013 14:08

E-Cigs

Well Gordon I'll probably try it but I'll probably wait until the government slap a tax on it, then buy from the smugglers, I believe contraband baccy is really cheap, no doubt soon gallons of this stuff will be brought across the channel to satisfy the needs of those wanting to stop.

Ooh, hang on, If they smuggle it in will they make it addictive?
They'd be worse than HM Customs for not wanting us to stop.

MargaretR 21-06-2013 14:15

In case you didn't know - menthol is derived from mint
What Is The Use Of Menthol? | LIVESTRONG.COM

"Typically derived from the herbs peppermint, eucalyptus and pennyroyal, menthol is a compound made from herbal volatile oils that has many potential health benefits. Applied topically or taken orally, menthol has been shown to help treat gastrointestinal problems, pain, inflammation and congestion. Consult your health care provider before using menthol on your skin or taking it internally to treat any medical condition."

Gordon Booth 21-06-2013 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1063702)
Well Gordon I'll probably try it but I'll probably wait until the government slap a tax on it, then buy from the smugglers, I believe contraband baccy is really cheap, no doubt soon gallons of this stuff will be brought across the channel to satisfy the needs of those wanting to stop.

You should try them, Less. Even in Spain cigarettes are 4.5 euros.
Like cashman says, if you try, spend a bit extra on a good one. We tried the Ecig brand you can buy at supermarkets, looks like an ordinary cig, you can burst a lung trying to get a satisfying 'drag' and they taste foul. My wife gave up trying.
Don't know what cashman uses but I sent up for a JacVapour- draw hard and it looks looks like a tear gas grenade going off and the liquid is OK and very effective. £5 bottle lasts a week and I'm hammering it!

jaysay 21-06-2013 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1063707)
You should try them, Less. Even in Spain cigarettes are 4.5 euros.
Like cashman says, if you try, spend a bit extra on a good one. We tried the Ecig brand you can buy at supermarkets, looks like an ordinary cig, you can burst a lung trying to get a satisfying 'drag' and they taste foul. My wife gave up trying.
Don't know what cashman uses but I sent up for a JacVapour- draw hard and it looks looks like a tear gas grenade going off and the liquid is OK and very effective. £5 bottle lasts a week and I'm hammering it!

How many times a day do you fill it up with liquid Gordon?