Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Happy 10th Birthday To Us. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/happy-10th-birthday-to-us-63640.html)

Less 23-02-2013 18:54

Happy 10th Birthday To Us.

I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure it's the right month, March 2003 AccyWeb first saw the virtual light of day.
So are we going to celebrate it by putting an engraved plaque on the reception wall, have a right good knees up and celebrate the coming together of so many great minds?

Or

Just presume that it will continue for another ten years with only a few actually making an effort to keep it going?

davemac 23-02-2013 19:57

Re: Happy 10th Birthday To Us.

Perhaps if all new members got a bag of jelly babies and a balloon they may stick around after they caused trouble all over the place.

Margaret Pilkington 23-02-2013 20:04

I haven't been here since the first day...but Accyweb has been in my life for the last 8 years....and in the main, it has been enjoyable and informative.
I don't really mind how the tenth birthday is celebrated, I just hope that it keeps on going for at least another ten years...and I hope I'm here to wish it a Happy 21st birthday.

jaysay 24-02-2013 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1043573)
I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure it's the right month, March 2003 AccyWeb first saw the virtual light of day.
So are we going to celebrate it by putting an engraved plaque on the reception wall, have a right good knees up and celebrate the coming together of so many great minds?

Or

Just presume that it will continue for another ten years with only a few actually making an effort to keep it going?

Its hardly surprising that very few of the original members are still around, doubt if I'll be bothering much longer when the only thing some people are doing is just waiting for me to make a slip, was fun at first but now I'm just getting ref up, everybody makes mistakes on here some make a hell of a lot more than I ever make, so I'm considering pastures new probable join Rindi on Facebook where a lot of the old AccyWebbers now hang out

Neil 24-02-2013 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1043627)
Its hardly surprising that very few of the original members are still around, doubt if I'll be bothering much longer when the only thing some people are doing is just waiting for me to make a slip, was fun at first but now I'm just getting ref up, everybody makes mistakes on here some make a hell of a lot more than I ever make, so I'm considering pastures new probable join Rindi on Facebook where a lot of the old AccyWebbers now hang out

Facebook has its uses but is absolutely useless as a forum.
I use a couple of Facebook pages that are very busy, you can't follow conversations because it has no structure. You check back the next day and there could have been 50 posts and you have no idea where to have read up to.

jaysay 24-02-2013 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1043632)
Facebook has its uses but is absolutely useless as a forum.
I use a couple of Facebook pages that are very busy, you can't follow conversations because it has no structure. You check back the next day and there could have been 50 posts and you have no idea where to have read up to.

to be honest Neil I don't give a damn really, when you stop enjoying something its getting time to move on, the writing was on the wall when Rindi went, along with a few more who only rarely use AW now, will probably be one of those instead of just deleting AW from my favorites, but there are more enjoyable sites to be on than here these days

Margaret Pilkington 24-02-2013 09:43

John....I for one would be sad to see you go, but the site is bigger than the sum of its members.....but I agree that when something stops being fun, then you should do one of two things......either stop doing it, or(and this to my mind is the better option) make it fun....and I don't care what anyone says, you have an amazing ability to do that.
I will NEVER sign up to FB........I would rather shove live wasps into one of my body orifices than do that.........I don't care how many of the old crew is on there, I won't be!

jaysay 24-02-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1043644)
John....I for one would be sad to see you go, but the site is bigger than the sum of its members.....but I agree that when something stops being fun, then you should do one of two things......either stop doing it, or(and this to my mind is the better option) make it fun....and I don't care what anyone says, you have an amazing ability to do that.
I will NEVER sign up to FB........I would rather shove live wasps into one of my body orifices than do that.........I don't care how many of the old crew is on there, I won't be!

Well it appears I make it fun for one person every day Margaret, seeing I'm the only one who seems to have a problems with the English language that use this site, he spends every waking hour pointing it out, just wears a bit thin after 18 months solid, at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook

Less 24-02-2013 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1043647)
Well it appears I make it fun for one person every day Margaret, seeing I'm the only one who seems to have a problems with the English language that use this site, he spends every waking hour pointing it out, just wears a bit thin after 18 months solid, at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook

Well, only 18 months thank goodness for that 'cos you can't mean me, I've been doing it for 8 years.
Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back to being Jaysay.
:)

Royboy39 24-02-2013 10:08

Quote:

John it seems that it is now your turn to be targeted by the "Great I Am"
Put him on ignore, show him the respect he deserves.

churchfcrules 24-02-2013 10:09

ah SOD EM John!

Neil 24-02-2013 10:10

Quote:

...at least you can limit your so called friends on Facebook

Only sort of. You can block someone so you can't see their posts like on here. If you are both in the same group you can see each others posts and interact with each other unless you add them to your banned list. Again just like on here

jaysay 24-02-2013 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 1043652)
John it seems that it is now your turn to be targeted by the "Great I Am"
Put him on ignore, show him the respect he deserves.

Roy I'm not on about Less far from it, Less is Less, and we both give as much as we get, in fact he's quite a nice guy really:D but shussssssss don't tell him it'll go to his head:rolleyes:

Less 24-02-2013 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1043656)
Roy I'm not on about Less far from it, Less is Less, and we both give as much as we get, in fact he's quite a nice guy really:D but shussssssss don't tell him it'll go to his head:rolleyes:

what a shame his first post in ages and he still shows his nasty side of jumping to the wrong conclusion.
:p

Royboy39 24-02-2013 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1043659)
what a shame his first post in ages and he still shows his nasty side of jumping to the wrong conclusion.
:p

I don't remember mentioning "The Grand Wizard".
I choose my friends very carefully and you are not one of them. Maybe that's my nasty side.?