Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Susie123. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/susie123-65122.html)

davemac 12-10-2013 23:06

Susie123.

Has anyone got any information on Susie123 she has not been on here since 15/08/13 and my emails have gone un answered enquiring how she is.

cashman 13-10-2013 02:36

Re: Susie123.

Sorry Dave heard nowt,was wondering meself, hope shes ok.

maxthecollie 13-10-2013 07:15

Yes it's strange we have not heard from Sue. I hope everything is ok.

Gremlin 13-10-2013 08:16

I used to be in regular contact with Sue, both emails and PM's but her replies suddenly stopped.
I tried to find her phone number but she must be ex directory.
At first I thought she had got well enough to go on the cruise she was looking forward to but she had been absent for too long for that.

I hope she returns to our screens before too long.
She was a great comfort to me after I lost my wife,as were a few other forum members.

Margaret Pilkington 13-10-2013 09:24

Like everyone here I had contact with Sue on a personal level, but have not heard anything from her for a long time...and my PM's have gone unanswered, which is very unusual....and worrying.
I know her partner Richard was not very computer literate(by choice) so maybe he has no way of contacting us..or maybe he feels it is none of our business to know.

davemac 13-10-2013 09:34

My contacts with her through the PM system were open and honest about her condition, I would have thought, if she was able, she would have let us know if she was going to be absent for a long period.

I did initially think she had taken that cruise or break in the camper van she kept saying she would like to take, but the suddenness of her departure causes some concern, thanks to all who have looked out for, or tried to contact her, lets hope all is well.

Eric 13-10-2013 17:34

I haven't heard from her for quite a while .... used to keep in touch; but I have had things to deal with over here. As a result, I haven't had time or inclination to pm anyone. Definitely worrying.

davemac 13-10-2013 18:58

I have her email address and my messages have not had a reply to either.

Margaret Pilkington 13-10-2013 19:00

Mine neither Dave...it is really worrying.

Gordon Booth 13-10-2013 19:08

I PM'd her last week- no response. If she is switched on but not accessing Accyweb she'd still see the PMs on her emails, wouldn't she?
Very worrying.

Margaret Pilkington 13-10-2013 21:01

Yes she would...plus, I have used her e-mail address too and no response to that either.

Restless 14-10-2013 07:12

Been wondering the same. Knowing her health issues, this is quite worrying.

Eric 15-10-2013 12:44

I was wondering if any accywebbers get over Morecambe way, or knows someone who lives there ... maybe someone could check up on her ... I browsed thru the local rags, "The Lancaster and Morecambe Citizen" and the "Westmorland Gazette" and found nothing. Maybe she still has fairly close relatives in Accy area.

MargaretR 15-10-2013 12:49

I know from my days visiting my mum at Morecambe that the local paper which is most used is 'The Visitor'.
The visitor
I have looked in 'Announcements' going back to August and found nothing.

Gremlin 15-10-2013 12:51

If I knew her address Eric I would ask friend who lives in Morecambe to visit her, I may even have a drive over there as I have lots of time to spare nowadays. I have tried unsuccessfully to find a phone number for her.

Retlaw 15-10-2013 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1079671)
If I knew her address Eric I would ask friend who lives in Morecambe to visit her, I may even have a drive over there as I have lots of time to spare nowadays. I have tried unsuccessfully to find a phone number for her.

Does any one who know her full name, then a call to Blackpool or Preston Hospital, might throw some light on the problem, her full name should also find her address in the electoral rolls.

Gremlin 15-10-2013 13:43

I have been using the name she uses on her emails to try to find the phone number, so if it correct her name is Susan Creasey. I don't think I am giving any secrets away because it is open to anyone to see.

Eric 15-10-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1079670)
I know from my days visiting my mum at Morecambe that the local paper which is most used is 'The Visitor'.
The visitor
I have looked in 'Announcements' going back to August and found nothing.

Yeah ... I checked the obits too ... keeping my fingers crossed ... found nothing. Seems like in these days of social networking and virtual friendship folks can easily drop off the radar. Back in the day when few people even had phones, friends and neighbours checked up on one another in person. Ain't none of us gettin' any younger; and many of us are reaching the age where any one of us can buy the farm at any time. (I seem to remember a thread on this. Don't have the time to check up on it right now ...) There are those of us who live in the far flung reaches of the Empah who don't have personal contact with anyone over there. I'm going to make sure that my obit in the "Kingston Whig-Standard" includes a fond goodbye to AccyWeb. I'm not leaping to any worse-case-scenario conclusions here; just thinking that there are ways to avoid worrying speculations.

Gremlin 15-10-2013 13:51

I have found a phone number for a lady who is involved with another one of Susie's interests and have left a message for her to ring me, or I will try again tonight.

Eric 15-10-2013 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1079675)
I have been using the name she uses on her emails to try to find the phone number, so if it correct her name is Susan Creasey. I don't think I am giving any secrets away because it is open to anyone to see.

Yeah ... that's her name: Dr. Susan Creasey ... she has used this name in several posts; so, it's common knowledge.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 13:52

I think it is hard not to worry when someone who was previously very prompt at answering PM's and e-mails fails to do so.
Not everyone has their obit put into the local paper...I know my Ma has specifically forbidden such a thing when she shufles off this mortal coil.

Hospitals would not give out information on patients to anyone other than relatives.

MargaretR 15-10-2013 13:58

From the photos she posted of views from her home, I concluded that she lives on this terrace
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mor...12,159.47,,0,0

MargaretR 15-10-2013 14:12

PS after opening that link - scroll to the left and see the camper van parked near the entrance to the row.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 14:18

Her partner is Richard W S Gammage so maybe the telephone line is in his name in the phone book.

MargaretR 15-10-2013 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079683)
Her partner is Richard W S Gammage so maybe the telephone line is in his name in the phone book.

Found it in The phone Book online at BT.
I can't put it on here, but use this link to see it
Residential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT

The google map link was 'spot on'

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 14:30

I tried that Margaret, but it tells me that this person cannot be found

MargaretR 15-10-2013 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079685)

Will send you a PM with the number - it is best that a woman calls and I suggest it is you.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 14:47

Thank you Margaret.
Do you think it is wise to phone? Would it be seen as an invasion of their privacy.
You obviously think I have the skills needed to do this....I will have to think carefully how to approach this.

Retlaw 15-10-2013 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079685)

Worked OK for me.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 14:53

I tried it a few times, but I had been searching the BT site anyway......so not sure why it wouldn't work

Restless 15-10-2013 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079688)
Thank you Margaret.
Do you think it is wise to phone? Would it be seen as an invasion of their privacy.
You obviously think I have the skills needed to do this....I will have to think carefully how to approach this.

If their number is in the phonebook then in a sense it isn't an invasion of privacy. But I agree its touchy to ring... But we all care and hope she is well.

Less 15-10-2013 16:55

Susie123.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1079699)
If their number is in the phonebook then in a sense it isn't an invasion of privacy. But I agree its touchy to ring... But we all care and hope she is well.

Wouldn't it be a lack of sensitivity if we didn't bother to find out?
We all know she wasn't well, we all wish her the best, however, far better to enquire so that if it is the worse news relatives know we cared?
:(

Less 15-10-2013 16:57

Susie123.

If no-one else will, send me the number and I'll ask.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 17:00

Less, I will do it tomorrow......during the day.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1079703)
We all know she wasn't well, we all wish her the best, however, far better to enquire so that if it is the worse news relatives know we cared?

You could take that view, but some people are quite private... Susie was very open about her health issues so I am using that as my cue.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 17:13

I have in the last few minutes spoken to Sue....she wanted to know how I had managed to get in touch with her...she is ex directory.
So we can all rest easy.

Gremlin 15-10-2013 17:40

That's very good news Margaret,
I have spent the last half an hour having a very interesting chat with one of Susie s friends who is also a member of the Friends of Morecambe Cemetery.
She told me she is in regular contact with Sue and thanked me very much for enquiring after her.
Since Margaret has spoken to Sue I will leave her to post any more information if she feels it is in good taste to do so.

steve2qec 15-10-2013 17:41

Thanks for that, Margaret.

walkinman221 15-10-2013 17:45

Well done Margaret

maxthecollie 15-10-2013 17:48

Great News

Eric 15-10-2013 18:11

Way to go Margaret:alright:

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 18:22

I have just spent about half an hour on the phone to Sue......she is very touched that we have been thinking(and worrying about her)and took the trouble to find out how to contact her......she is hoping to be back on line very soon and will be catching up with what has gone on while she has been away.
She won't go into the details of her absence, other than to say that she has been laid up in hospital.

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 18:25

thanks must also go to the sleuth that is MargaretR...after all, it was she who found the number(I failed, miserably)...and it was she who nominated me to contact Sue.
MargaretR...thanks for your confidence in me :)

Eric 15-10-2013 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1079724)
Way to go Margaret:alright:

I guess that should have been "Way to go Margarets":alright::alright:

Gordon Booth 15-10-2013 18:51

Excellent news. Good on you, Margaret and Margaret.

DaveinGermany 15-10-2013 18:53

Reading through it's been a proper (cyber) community effort turned real, well done all involved. :)

Restless 15-10-2013 18:59

Thanks MargaretR and MargaretP

Guess the Ex-Directory thing wasn't setup for her correctly then.

Its good to know shes ok

davemac 15-10-2013 18:59

Wonderful news (we all thought there was an elephant in the room), can I just say how heartwarming it is that those people that knew her all pulled in the same direction to find out how she is and shows the good side of this website, thanks Mrs. P. for making contact, and bringing that news on here.

Susie, when you get around to reading this, you had us all worried with your silence, don't do it again or you will be sent to your room, seriously though, nice to know you are OK.

Mick 15-10-2013 19:03

Always said we are just one BIGfamily:D

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2013 19:09

Doesn't this just show the great side of Accyweb?.......and I like to think we are all one big family......families don't always agree or get on, but they get things done when things need doing.
I was just so pleased to hear Sue's voice.
Sue when you get around to reading this...we really missed you!

Shurm 15-10-2013 19:09

Nice to hear she is ok and even nicer to see all the people on here care so much. :)

Turtle 15-10-2013 19:25

Well done, everyone :)

Less 15-10-2013 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1079752)
Well done, everyone :)

Not quite, I think it's more well done Sue for the good news.
:)

DtheP47 16-10-2013 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1079749)
Nice to hear she is ok and even nicer to see all the people on here care so much. :)

Hear, hear :)

mobertol 16-10-2013 07:43

Glad to hear Sue is on the mend -I imagined it must have been a health issue again after she suddenly disappeared from the daily quiz. I wonder if she has any idea how much PM-ing has been going on among us all asking about her! Well done DaveMac for finally starting this thread and for all the sleuthing that has gone on to track her down and put all our minds at rest! Hope she'll be back soon :)

pompeylass 16-10-2013 08:37

Get well soon, Susie. From the bookworms, Barry and Sheila.

Well done to the Accy Web bloodhounds.

westendlass 16-10-2013 13:04

What a great effort, I think it's wonderful when people pull together. Well done and I hope Susie's ok.

Sunflower49 16-10-2013 15:05

I didn't have anything to contribute but have been following the thread, and am very glad to hear she's okay :)

Restless 16-10-2013 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079748)
Doesn't this just show the great side of Accyweb?

Most certainly. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079748)
.families don't always agree or get on, but they get things done when things need doing.

We don't always agree on everything and this forum is a good platform for debate... Things can get heated but what good debate never did. Some members of my extended family I might say I care less for than I do for some members of the online world :) and yes that might even extend to Less too :D

jaysay 16-10-2013 17:16

That's good news indeed

DaveinGermany 16-10-2013 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1079823)
Some members of my extended family I might say I care less for than I do for some members of the online world :)

That's cos we're a happy bunch here at "The hundred Accy wood". ;) :s_aim1:

mobertol 16-10-2013 22:02

Well - "unfortunately" Sue is back on the Accyweb quiz as from today -that's for us poor mortals who all slip back a place :mspacman: Welcome back Sue :( ;) xx

Margaret Pilkington 17-10-2013 07:08

Hoooray, even though she is not back on the main forum...that is really good news....though perhaps not for you quiz folks...sorry about that:D

susie123 18-10-2013 10:38

Well here I am back again and I must say I am touched by your concern and gobsmacked by the efforts made to find me (even in the obits!). I think Sherlock must be Margaret R's middle name and we'd better move that camper before anyone moves it for us!

Thank you for all the pms and emails which I haven't answered, also for this thread. And Mrs P how lovely (apart from my literally having just reached for a sick bowl with one hand while picking up the phone with the other) to hear your voice - my first real contact with an Accywebber!

As to where I've been for the last few weeks... some of you may remember that I was in hospital for most of May with something called septic arthritis in my knee and wrist and elbow, caused by bacteria in the blood, which was treated with large doses of antibiotics once they had worked out what the problem was. I spent most of June recovering from the after effects of the antibiotics and then we had a great time in July. I felt as though someone had flicked a switch and made me feel myself again. We went on a few trips and had a few days in the camper at Ravenglass on the Cumbrian coast, a very peaceful place with a good campsite and more important, a pub serving good cheap grub and real ale That was the last time I had a beer.

Anyway in August the problem recurred, this time in my other knee. It comes on over a few days till the pain becomes so excruciating you cannot walk or even stand and something has to be done. My GP came to see me and arranged a trip to hospital and an emergency ambulance to get me there. So I had little chance to let people know what was happening. No computer in hospital but would you believe it they installed wifi on the day I left!

I was in hospital for eight weeks as the infection was a lot worse than before and still hasn't cleared up. I also have an abscess somewhere inside which is draining into my leg though it has subsided somewhat. Also the physios made me get up and try to walk even though my knee was so swollen and I tried to tell them it was too soon but they wouldn't listen. So now I can't put my foot down to bear my weight let alone walk.

The problem with our house is stairs as we have a long steep staircase from front door to bedroom and ten steps outside to front door so the ambulance men had to carry me down as there was no question of me walking down. Then they had to carry me up again when I came home which wasn't such an easy task. In fact the powers that be wouldn't discharge me till an assessment was done to see if it was safe.

They asked me if I wanted to go to a hospice but that is just not me so here I am at home in a proper hospital style bed, with carers and district nurse plus a partner who is getting grumpier by the day. He told me that at one point they didn't think I would make it as the drugs I was taking were causing problems but I don't remember much about it. I did however find it rather suspicious that several members of my family plus Richard's sister from France and a couple of neighbours turned up to see me. Mind you they all had other valid reasons for being around.

I am now a course of antibiotics which make me feel a bit gruesome, I still have a painful knee and a swollen leg and no prospect of getting down the stairs and out of the house. Oh well it could be worse - Accyweb could have ceased to exist while I've been away!

Thanks for persevering with my ramblings and once again, I'm touched by your concern. It's good to be back among friends. I've been home ten days but my computer had problems so couldn't get in touch any sooner. Think it was sympathising with me being sick!

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 11:41

Susie, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see this post.

You have had a rough old trot...and still are not completely over it. I send you my best wishes for the carers to give you kind care, the district nurses to have gentle hands......the antibiotics to be fierce against the bugs, but kind to you(I know that won't happen any time soon) and that Richard can feel less grumpy.

If I am being kind, I would have to say it is just as hard to watch someone you care about getting sicker by the day and not knowing how to help...or not being able to help in a practical way.
It was lovely speaking to you too....I was afraid I had spooked you or aggravated you...I know from my own recent experinecs that when you are sick you don't always have the patience to talk.......and if you had told me to 'bu88er off'......I would happily have done so, as my mission was complete.......I could report back and say I had spoken to you.:)

maxthecollie 18-10-2013 12:03

Nice to see you back on here Sue.

Gremlin 18-10-2013 12:26

Nice to see you back Susie, I wonder if your friend from the "Friends of the Cemetery" told you I had been enquiring after you. She told me you were home but not well but didn't elaborate. I traced you from the the article you wrote for the "friends of the Cemetery" which also had phone number on it.
Take your time lass, do what you can when you can now we know what's what.

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 12:35

Russell, that is really good advice. Go to the top of the class and you can give out the pencils and the rubbers.:D

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 12:39

I do wish that there were still the old convalescent homes...like the one I used to send my ladies to in Southport.
There they got sea air, good food and were looked after for 3 weeks.

I know it is going to take longer than 3 weeks to get better Sue, but 3 weeks in a non hospital environment...but with care like you had in the hsopital would give Richard a break, and you too would not have to worry about meals, laundry and all the other things that make life harder than it needs to be.

Gremlin 18-10-2013 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1080067)
Russell, that is really good advice. Go to the top of the class and you can give out the pencils and the rubbers.:D

Thank you Margaret, that advice was given to June by our good friend Dr Ravi Singh after he had diagnosed her heart failure and I heed it myself now.

May I mix the blue ink powder and water and top up the ink wells on the desk instead of giving out the pencils and rubbers?
I used to love that job at Walsden primary school, just so I could get the powder all over my fingers and pretend I had some mysterious disease.

susie123 18-10-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1079411)
I used to be in regular contact with Sue, both emails and PM's but her replies suddenly stopped.
I tried to find her phone number but she must be ex directory.

I hope she returns to our screens before too long.
She was a great comfort to me after I lost my wife,as were a few other forum members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1079742)

Guess the Ex-Directory thing wasn't setup for her correctly then.

Thanks for those kind words Russell. I'm not actually ex-d but the phone line is in Richard's name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1079422)
My contacts with her through the PM system were open and honest about her condition, I would have thought, if she was able, she would have let us know if she was going to be absent for a long period.

She certainly would have!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1079501)
I PM'd her last week- no response. If she is switched on but not accessing Accyweb she'd still see the PMs on her emails, wouldn't she?
Very worrying.

No Gordon, I switched off the function where I get an email with each pm - I'm on Accyweb often enough to know when a pm comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1079669)
I was wondering if any accywebbers get over Morecambe way, or knows someone who lives there ... maybe someone could check up on her ... I browsed thru the local rags, "The Lancaster and Morecambe Citizen" and the "Westmorland Gazette" and found nothing. Maybe she still has fairly close relatives in Accy area.

Yes, my brother John Creasey lives at Belthorn near Blackburn, top of the hill opposite the Dog Inn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1079676)
Yeah ... I checked the obits too ... keeping my fingers crossed ... found nothing. There are those of us who live in the far flung reaches of the Empah who don't have personal contact with anyone over there. I'm going to make sure that my obit in the "Kingston Whig-Standard" includes a fond goodbye to AccyWeb. I'm not leaping to any worse-case-scenario conclusions here; just thinking that there are ways to avoid worrying speculations.

What a good idea Eric, must remember that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079679)
Not everyone has their obit put into the local paper...I know my Ma has specifically forbidden such a thing when she shufles off this mortal coil.

Sounds just like your Ma!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1079671)

I'd love to see you here Russell, anytime you fancy dropping by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1079674)
Does any one who know her full name, then a call to Blackpool or Preston Hospital, might throw some light on the problem, her full name should also find her address in the electoral rolls.

Wouldn't have worked, Retlaw, as I was in RLI Lancaster, but thanks for the thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1079680)
From the photos she posted of views from her home, I concluded that she lives on this terrace
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mor...12,159.47,,0,0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079688)
Thank you Margaret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1079699)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1079703)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1079704)
If no-one else will, send me the number and I'll ask.

Shucks - I've missed out on an opportunity to speak to the Grand Wizard! But Margaret's phone call was really welcome - and spookily came as I was just about to go back on Accyweb!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1079728)
I have just spent about half an hour on the phone to Sue......she is very touched that we have been thinking(and worrying about her)and took the trouble to find out how to contact her......she is hoping to be back on line very soon and will be catching up with what has gone on while she has been away.
She won't go into the details of her absence, other than to say that she has been laid up in hospital. Thanks must also go to the sleuth that is MargaretR...after all, it was she who found the number(I failed, miserably)...and it was she who nominated me to contact Sue.
MargaretR...thanks for your confidence in me :)

Hear hear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1079741)
Reading through it's been a proper (cyber) community effort turned real, well done all involved. :)

Hear hear again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1079823)
Most certainly. :)We don't always agree on everything and this forum is a good platform for debate... Things can get heated but what good debate never did. Some members of my extended family I might say I care less for than I do for some members of the online world :) and yes that might even extend to Less too :D

That sums it up nicely Rob.

maxthecollie 18-10-2013 15:22

Great to see you back on Sue.

susie123 18-10-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1080063)
Susie, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see this post.

You have had a rough old trot...and still are not completely over it. I send you my best wishes for the carers to give you kind care, the district nurses to have gentle hands......the antibiotics to be fierce against the bugs, but kind to you(I know that won't happen any time soon) and that Richard can feel less grumpy.

If I am being kind, I would have to say it is just as hard to watch someone you care about getting sicker by the day and not knowing how to help...or not being able to help in a practical way.
It was lovely speaking to you too....I was afraid I had spooked you or aggravated you...I know from my own recent experinecs that when you are sick you don't always have the patience to talk.......and if you had told me to 'bu88er off'......I would happily have done so, as my mission was complete.......I could report back and say I had spoken to you.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1080068)
I do wish that there were still the old convalescent homes...like the one I used to send my ladies to in Southport.
There they got sea air, good food and were looked after for 3 weeks.

I know it is going to take longer than 3 weeks to get better Sue, but 3 weeks in a non hospital environment...but with care like you had in the hsopital would give Richard a break, and you too would not have to worry about meals, laundry and all the other things that make life harder than it needs to be.

Maybe I should have gone to the hospice and given Richard a proper break but I think it's the sparring and the grumpiness that keeps up going. I couldn't envisage being on my own and he would still have to visit as he did in hospital. Anyway I like planning our meals even if I can't cook them any more and he can't cook for toffee (did somebody mention toffee? Treacle please as it's nearly Bonfire Night.)

I know that it's frustrating for him not to be able to help and you've had long experience of this sort of thing both in your job and more recently with your family. We'll get through it... Three weeks in Southport sounds lovely though...

Once again thanks for getting in touch and I wish you and your family well in their difficulties.

BTW I wonder where you got the idea from that Richard was not computer literate as you mentioned in a previous post, or were you joking?

He spends all his time at work looking after ancient computers and then comes home and starts on his own projects. He would do it 24/7 if he could and says it's his way of relaxing but I do wish he'd find something else as well. He does however come in useful when my computer needs fixing!

maxthecollie 18-10-2013 15:32

I wish I had a computer guru at times

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 15:50

Sue, I was confusing him with my old man...he isn't computer literate at all, but I also felt that if you were really poorly (or worse) then the last thing that he would be wanting to be doing would be coming on here to a barrage of questions.
My apologies for getting that one wrong.

susie123 18-10-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1080104)
Sue, I was confusing him with my old man...he isn't computer literate at all, but I also felt that if you were really poorly (or worse) then the last thing that he would be wanting to be doing would be coming on here to a barrage of questions.
My apologies for getting that one wrong.

No worries Margaret, but I do sometimes wish he would lie on the sofa watching Sherlock Holmes movies for a day or two, it might do him good. Anyway he has no interest in Accyweb, why would he, it doen't concern anything he knows about, so he wouldn't have a clue how to use it.

walkinman221 18-10-2013 17:08

I must say it warms the cockles (see what i did there cockles morecambe.... ok i'll get my coat) to see the warmth and concern for sue , but on a personal note the second place finish in the quiz will now and probably will be forever my best ah well never mind:D:D. But seriously welcome back sue :alright::alright:

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 17:11

I'll do you a swap then, because that irritates the proverbial out of me.
I hate Sherlock Holmes movies.
Anyway enjoy your chippy tea.

jaysay 18-10-2013 17:49

Welcome back Sue, these long stays in hospital aren't good for the soul but very necessary at times, those hospital beds aren't have handy arn't they:D

DaveinGermany 18-10-2013 19:26

Hello Sunshine! Welcome back to the fold. :)

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 20:17

Aww, what a lovely welcome back Son.
Now get that moon pic into the comp before it's too late:D

Eric 18-10-2013 20:39

Welcome home ... :alright:

mobertol 18-10-2013 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1080090)
Thanks for those kind words Russell. I'm not actually ex-d but the phone line is in Richard's name.

She certainly would have!

No Gordon, I switched off the function where I get an email with each pm - I'm on Accyweb often enough to know when a pm comes.

Yes, my brother John Creasey lives at Belthorn near Blackburn, top of the hill opposite the Dog Inn.

What a good idea Eric, must remember that one!

Sounds just like your Ma!

I'd love to see you here Russell, anytime you fancy dropping by.

Wouldn't have worked, Retlaw, as I was in RLI Lancaster, but thanks for the thought.

Shucks - I've missed out on an opportunity to speak to the Grand Wizard! But Margaret's phone call was really welcome - and spookily came as I was just about to go back on Accyweb!

Hear hear!

Hear hear again.

That sums it up nicely Rob.

Wish I could multi-quote as well as you do!!! ;):D

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 21:28

It's alright Dianne you aren't on your own...I can't do it either :D

mobertol 18-10-2013 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 1080123)
I must say it warms the cockles (see what i did there cockles morecambe.... ok i'll get my coat) to see the warmth and concern for sue , but on a personal note the second place finish in the quiz will now and probably will be forever my best ah well never mind:D:D. But seriously welcome back sue :alright::alright:

Oy - Mister!!!! What second place??? The month is still young - never say never - I'm on your case:D Who knows what wonders the future holds... In any case welcome back to the quiz-mania etc Sue!!xxx

Margaret Pilkington 18-10-2013 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1080088)
May I mix the blue ink powder and water and top up the ink wells on the desk instead of giving out the pencils and rubbers?
I used to love that job at Walsden primary school, just so I could get the powder all over my fingers and pretend I had some mysterious disease.

Of course you can Russell!
Just don't get any on your shirt...I don't want to be landed with a laundry bill..or worse the bill for a new shirt.

mobertol 18-10-2013 21:51

I have to thank DaveMac for keeping me up-to-date with things wrt Sue, as he knew I was a bit absent from the site recently for personal reasons - we had all been twittering away amongst ourselves, wondering where she was for a couple of months... I must say we were al positive knowing what a feisty little lady she'd shown herself to be in the past. Just goes to show that "virtual" is OK up to point - but then things get "real" and we all care. xxx Best wishes for a speedy recovery from this latest set-back Sue. Sock it to them in the quiz!

susie123 19-10-2013 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1080182)
Wish I could multi-quote as well as you do!!! ;):D

Well - took me over an hour to get it right!

Restless 19-10-2013 14:02

TBH i still open in new tab and copy and paste :D

susie123 19-10-2013 14:44

I must say I'm amazed at the number of likes this thread has got. I'm very grateful that so many people were worried about little me - worried enough to try and find me. Just shows what a caring community Accyweb is. Thank you all.

maxthecollie 19-10-2013 16:01

Your welcome

DaveinGermany 19-10-2013 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1080292)
people were worried about little me - worried enough to try and find me.

Funnily enough I get that ....... mind you, it's probably because I've got something of theirs! :idunno: :D

maxthecollie 19-10-2013 20:01

well you are a scouser

susie123 20-10-2013 00:24

Wanted to share with you an amusing incident from my time in hospital. One day eight or nine people appeared in my cubicle: consultants, registrars, specialist nurse, and two younger people, male and female, who were either junior doctors or final year students. They stood next to each other against the wall and I uncovered my bottom so everyone could have a good look.

I noticed that the young woman had her head on her neighbour's shoulder and thought How sweet, they must be an item. Then I realised she had fainted. Somehow they managed to get her out of the ward via the door at the other end and I saw her lying in the corridor with her legs in the air.

A couple of weeks later her colleague came to see me and I asked him if she was OK. He said yes, but he didn't know her before that encounter, but they had since been out for a few drinks together.

Awww... isn't that sweet?

Less 20-10-2013 12:00

Susie123.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1080380)
Wanted to share with you an amusing incident from my time in hospital. I uncovered my bottom so everyone could have a good look.

Well, we can't really say, you seem to have forgotten to upload the photograph!
;)

Eric 20-10-2013 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1080419)
Well, we can't really say, you seem to have forgotten to upload the photograph!
;)

Come on there, bud ... give the girl a break ... she's only been back a couple of days and you already want her to post pics of her bare ass:eek:

maxthecollie 20-10-2013 13:03

Quote:

Wanted to share with you an amusing incident from my time in hospital. One day eight or nine people appeared in my cubicle: consultants, registrars, specialist nurse, and two younger people, male and female, who were either junior doctors or final year students. They stood next to each other against the wall and I uncovered my bottom so everyone could have a good look.

I noticed that the young woman had her head on her neighbour's shoulder and thought How sweet, they must be an item. Then I realised she had fainted. Somehow they managed to get her out of the ward via the door at the other end and I saw her lying in the corridor with her legs in the air.

A couple of weeks later her colleague came to see me and I asked him if she was OK. He said yes, but he didn't know her before that encounter, but they had since been out for a few drinks together.

What a bummer

Eric 20-10-2013 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1080425)
What a bummer

Now, don't get cheeky.

Less 20-10-2013 13:37

Susie123.

Can you imagine that couple on their 50th wedding anniversary?
Their children asking them to recount how they met.
The father telling them that their eyes met across a naked bum and your mother just fell into my arms!
:)

DaveinGermany 20-10-2013 14:18

Quote:

Love at first arse? :D Stunning!