Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Baned??? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/baned-8562.html)

Dean 16-03-2005 09:13

Baned???

wat how come people are getting banned wat have they done

i'm well confused?????????

slinky 16-03-2005 09:16

Re: Baned???

Why who got banned?? I have missed something again? that's what you get for being Ill

Doug 16-03-2005 09:22

What's to do, Slinky pooh.

slinky 16-03-2005 09:27

oriteeee:D who got banned doug?? I have missed all the gossip for 4 days.

Dean 16-03-2005 10:30

vorlon24 ...

and i'm sure there is some more

Busman747 16-03-2005 10:47

....and removal-man

slinky 16-03-2005 10:49

What did they get banned for??

Dean 16-03-2005 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky
What did they get banned for??

don't know that's why i'm asking??????

simon 16-03-2005 12:07

Removal man does not appear banned at the moment???

Had noticed about vorlon as well..... I feel confident that this is for our/forum's good... vorlon must have been a bit too naughty.. but would love to know what??

I have seen one or two names appear and be banned quickly because all they where doing is putting links on. Spamming I think they call it..

I am sure vorlon will be back :)

slinky 16-03-2005 12:18

oh I see!! that explains it then.:rolleyes:

wayneyboy1942 16-03-2005 13:59

I am not going to get involved with why people on Accy web are being banned,just to say that on Burnley web we,ve had a load of Spammers on the site over the past few weeks, and unless you keep a grip on them they will flood the site.

lettie 16-03-2005 20:39

I have known people be banned in the past for being generally unpleasant and offensive. Sometimes a ban seems to be imposed on a temporary basis and if one of your posts is deemed offensive (name calling, swearing or threatening) then people may use the report button on the message box and your post will go to the moderators forum. I don't think that members of Accyweb are banned just for the sake of it. Usually posts are reported and a joint decision of the moderators is made. Although we have some good discussions on here it is important to remember that this site is open to all ages and that sometimes language has to be toned down a bit..:D

Len 16-03-2005 21:41

Sometime I think the phrase “I am banned” in a member’s title is not always appropriate for what is actually going on. Take Removal-man for instance. Removal-man wasn’t really banned; he was on hold even though it said in his user title “I am banned”. What had happened is that removal-man had actually exposed a security flow in the forums. So for the time being he was put on hold, thinking that he had done some sort of a hack to get into the system and if that was the case then allsorts of unmentionable thing could have happen to our forums. But has it happens Roy managed to sort out the problem (less than 12 hours) and put it right thus proving that removal-man hadn’t in fact hacked the forums.
So really, many thanks go to removal-man for finding the fault.

slinky 16-03-2005 21:52

Good job!! I wondered why removal man may have been banned? never seen anything that he done wrong so the mind was boggling, but great to hear that he will be back.:D

Bagpuss 16-03-2005 21:59

I presume Vorlon was banned for starting a thread about a moderator, although I thought it was more of a question but that's how it goes.