Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2005, 09:13   #1

Baned???

wat how come people are getting banned wat have they done

i'm well confused?????????

Last edited by Dean; 16-03-2005 at 09:14. Reason: spelling
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2005, 09:16   #2
God Member

Re: Baned???

Why who got banned?? I have missed something again? that's what you get for being Ill

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-03-2005, 09:22   #3
Member.

What's to do, Slinky pooh.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 16-03-2005, 09:27   #4
God Member

oriteeee who got banned doug?? I have missed all the gossip for 4 days.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-03-2005, 10:30   #5

vorlon24 ...

and i'm sure there is some more
Old 16-03-2005, 10:47   #6
Always EVIL within us

....and removal-man
Old 16-03-2005, 10:49   #7
God Member

What did they get banned for??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-03-2005, 11:48   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
What did they get banned for??
don't know that's why i'm asking??????
Old 16-03-2005, 12:07   #9
Senior Member+

Removal man does not appear banned at the moment???

Had noticed about vorlon as well..... I feel confident that this is for our/forum's good... vorlon must have been a bit too naughty.. but would love to know what??

I have seen one or two names appear and be banned quickly because all they where doing is putting links on. Spamming I think they call it..

I am sure vorlon will be back
Old 16-03-2005, 12:18   #10
God Member

oh I see!! that explains it then.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-03-2005, 13:59   #11

I am not going to get involved with why people on Accy web are being banned,just to say that on Burnley web we,ve had a load of Spammers on the site over the past few weeks, and unless you keep a grip on them they will flood the site.

Old 16-03-2005, 20:39   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I have known people be banned in the past for being generally unpleasant and offensive. Sometimes a ban seems to be imposed on a temporary basis and if one of your posts is deemed offensive (name calling, swearing or threatening) then people may use the report button on the message box and your post will go to the moderators forum. I don't think that members of Accyweb are banned just for the sake of it. Usually posts are reported and a joint decision of the moderators is made. Although we have some good discussions on here it is important to remember that this site is open to all ages and that sometimes language has to be toned down a bit..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 16-03-2005, 21:41   #13
Len
God Member

Sometime I think the phrase “I am banned” in a member’s title is not always appropriate for what is actually going on. Take Removal-man for instance. Removal-man wasn’t really banned; he was on hold even though it said in his user title “I am banned”. What had happened is that removal-man had actually exposed a security flow in the forums. So for the time being he was put on hold, thinking that he had done some sort of a hack to get into the system and if that was the case then allsorts of unmentionable thing could have happen to our forums. But has it happens Roy managed to sort out the problem (less than 12 hours) and put it right thus proving that removal-man hadn’t in fact hacked the forums.
So really, many thanks go to removal-man for finding the fault.

Donate to Accyweb here:

Last edited by Len; 18-03-2005 at 16:58. Reason: correcting time: 24-12hr
Old 16-03-2005, 21:52   #14
God Member

Good job!! I wondered why removal man may have been banned? never seen anything that he done wrong so the mind was boggling, but great to hear that he will be back.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-03-2005, 21:59   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I presume Vorlon was banned for starting a thread about a moderator, although I thought it was more of a question but that's how it goes.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..