Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 13:18   #1
Senior Member+

Another Lady PM with big brass ones

AlmostNO POLITICIAN IN THIS COUNTRY HAS THE INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TO MAKE SUCH TRUTHFUL STATEMENTS!
Australia says NO - Second time she has done this!

AMAZING You must read it !!!!

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard- Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society ... Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA , WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Last edited by Neil; 02-01-2012 at 22:18. Reason: remove links
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2012, 14:30   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Another Lady PM with big brass ones

There is no evidence that Julia Gillard actually made this speech at all.
This e-mail has been doing the rounds since 2005. See the snopes link.
snopes.com: Muslims Out of Australia!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 16:00   #3
Senior Member+

What use is a woman with brass knockers?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 14:43   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
What use is a woman with brass knockers?
Rowlocks, as you well know
Old 03-01-2012, 14:46   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is no evidence that Julia Gillard actually made this speech at all.
This e-mail has been doing the rounds since 2005. See the snopes link.
snopes.com: Muslims Out of Australia!
Quite likely, but what a wonderful piece of dialogue - exactly what a lot of people in UK have been thinking, and saying, maybe in other words, for a long time. In the same vein as Enoch Powell so long ago.
Old 03-01-2012, 18:04   #6
Beacon of light

Yes Barry....I have had this e-mail a number of times now.......and while we all might be thinking along those lines, and maybe would wish for some of our politicians to stand up and say something of that Ilk......we'd better not hold our breath waiting.

I once voiced similar views to a colleague.....oh, it must be more than 10 years ago now, and was told that I couldn't say such things as they were blatantly racist.

I didn't consider them racist....because I wasn't applying them to muslims(or any other ethnicity), but to anyone who wants to come here, make their home here, and live here.
I consider it to be their responsibility to adapt to our way of life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 18:08   #7

well said.
littlepom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 18:19   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Quite likely, but what a wonderful piece of dialogue - exactly what a lot of people in UK have been thinking, and saying, maybe in other words, for a long time. In the same vein as Enoch Powell so long ago.
Ya good old Enoch was proved right in many ways. I can remember back in the sixties, my Uncle, who had lived in North London since the war, coming back "home" for his holidays every July, at this time the only coloured face seen in this area was the Sheikh selling his goods door to door. I can remember him saying back then that we knew nothing up here as to what was happening down south, I always remember his words when he said "one day the blacks will rule this country" and telling the tails of Winifred Atwell cramping families into the houses she owned and making a fortune, from the immigrants ferried here on the Empire Windrush. Seem to think my uncle was quite near the mark really

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..