Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2003, 14:53   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Beer Fairy

[smiley=pint.gif]

Something strange happened last night. Me and my mate Angie were in the Voodoo lounge, we went into the ladies room at about 10pm, when we came out 5 minutes later all the usual Accy lads had been strangely replaced by Brad Pitt and George Clooney lookalikes.
Unperturbed by this event, we continued to have a merry night on the town. This morning though, my bedroom looks like a tornado has gone through it, there are clothes everywhere, my head hurts, all my money has gone and my tongue has grown an awful furry substance on it, which tastes vaguely of chilli sauce.

The whole house smells like a kebab shop, the dog has a chilli sauce stain on the top of her head and I can't remember where I left the car. There have been some terrifying rumblings in the pants department and I can't remember getting home. I have a couple of new bruises (might have banged into a couple of walls/doors/people) and I am minus a shoe.

Think the beer fairy may have visited last night, if anyone else has had a similar experience with this little minx let me know!!!
[smiley=pint.gif]

PS  If anyone comes across a little black strappy sandal in the town centre, can you let me know. Cheers!

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2003, 15:26   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Beer Fairy

I've had dealings with this beer fairy myself Lettie on numerous occasions. Usually manages to sneak up on me round about the end of  the 3rd pint of lager. Thought I might have built up an immunity to it's  invasive actions due to age and experience, but the little blighter still seems to find a way through. :

Have also had experience of  "Beer Fairy by Proxy". At one stage having 3 sons at home between 18 - 24. It had the effect of turning normally rational  young men  into jibbering idiots, and followed them into their bedroom causing similar symptoms as you describe X 3.  

If you here of any medical breakthroughs to tackle this syndrome please let me know ASAP.

No sign of the shoe yet, but will keep my eyes open for you! ;D  

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 16:37   #3
Caz
God Member

Have since been informed there is a preventative therapy which one can undertake.
Something called abstinence apparently. You practice this and thus the beer fairy virus does not have any beer sodden brain cells to invade. You apparently wake up in a morning with a clear head and no side effects.
Might give it a try some day, but not just yet. Would prefer to wait for a vaccine to be invented.

Meanwhile if anyone has any suggestions on combatting the effects of this self inflicted ailment, please place them in this column. ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 19:37   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Found the shoe!!!  It was in the dog's bed (bless her) and unchewed. Subsequently put it on this afternoon and went to Manchester with the girls, to see if the beer fairy would turn up there.

She has.    Hic! [smiley=pint.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 24-08-2003, 22:27   #5

Huh!

Spent all day looking for shoe... ;D
Old 25-08-2003, 09:57   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. Just followed my nose in the end (when my sense of smell returned)
Chilli sauce definately does nothing for me!!! [smiley=pain30.gif]

Old 07-09-2003, 21:07   #7
Senior Member+

No visits from the beer fairy in years.I am an abstainer.I love to visit you on the day after a night on the town and let you know the real way it happenned.   :-/
Old 07-09-2003, 21:18   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Oh, so you're the one who tells me that Brad Pitt was actually his not so good looking brother Sess, who was rather fragrant and talked a lot of s**t

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..