Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: You decide?
She Gets an abortion because she knows it's not his. 2 33.33%
He's been away for 18 months and is a touch suspicious. 3 50.00%
The other two spoilt brats move in with their real Dad. Cos, 'Mum that's disgusting innit?' 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 16:59   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

BT AD' You Decide?

So, the Saga goes on, this middle class going nowhere couple could possibly be expecting a Sprog?
We don't know but BT invite us to decide, well before I waste any money answering their Poll perhaps I can have your Thoughts about the coming non-event?

You know the Ad, her son from one broken home informs live away lover that his mum is acting 'strange', Lover rings, she spend her time during the conversation rubbing her belly, then rather than pay someone to give us a happy ending they want US to write the script!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2010, 17:02   #2
Senior Member+

Re: BT AD' You Decide?

how about they all go crazy and go into BT headquarters armed to the teeth and take out all the robbing scumbags that own BT

Last edited by Stanleymad; 10-08-2010 at 17:32. Reason: language
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 17:44   #3
Resting in Peace

This is the last in a five year ad campaign Less I think shes up the duff miself
Old 10-08-2010, 18:30   #4
Beacon of light

so sperm can get through a sash window then?

The whole thing about an advertising campaign is to get people to notice the product and to get them talking, so whatever happens, it looks like this one has been a success
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 18:38   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
so sperm can get through a sash window then?

The whole thing about an advertising campaign is to get people to notice the product and to get them talking, so whatever happens, it looks like this one has been a success
No Mag's the idea about an advertising campaign is to get people to buy the product, I wouldn't touch BT with a barge pole nor' would many other folk they ripped off, so I think it's FAILED.
Old 10-08-2010, 18:50   #6
God Member

What the hell is BT
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 19:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What the hell is BT
It's a bit like BP, only for communications, BRITISH TELECOM' we are just waiting for it to talk to America then those damned yankees can blame us for their network going tits up, and expect us to clean up the mess.
Old 10-08-2010, 19:08   #8
Beacon of light

Well, Less you may not like the product....but just by talking about the campaign you are doing what BT want...and that is to raise the profile of the company.
And I am sure someone once told me that there is no such thing as 'bad publicity'.
Old 10-08-2010, 19:18   #9

Quote:
Well, Less you may not like the product....but just by talking about the campaign you are doing what BT want...and that is to raise the profile of the company.
And I am sure someone once told me that there is no such thing as 'bad publicity'.
I might be talking about it, I sometimes talk about paedophiles but if asked, I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use one.
Old 10-08-2010, 20:07   #10
Beacon of light

I think that is a rather poor analogy to illustrate the point.....but that is just my opinion.
You aren't recommending the use of BT but you still post a thread about them, and that means the ad has got you talking about it......and to talk about it means that you have to involve at least one other person.....and that is what advertising is about.
Old 10-08-2010, 20:26   #11

Quote:
I think that is a rather poor analogy to illustrate the point.....but that is just my opinion.
You aren't recommending the use of BT but you still post a thread about them, and that means the ad has got you talking about it......and to talk about it means that you have to involve at least one other person.....and that is what advertising is about.
No matter how poor you may think it is, it is to the point, I may discuss many things that does not mean I recommend them.

As for advertising, the idea is to sell the product not just get people talking about it.

One of the best advertising Campaigns was, 'Your never alone with a Strand', that was advertising a cigarette, the actor in that production became an overnight success, the cigarette however due to the way it was displayed disappeared having given the impression that a smoker of that brand has no friends.
Strand (cigarette) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An excerpt of the Ad' can be found here:-
1950's Commercials

Now will you stop going on going on?
Old 10-08-2010, 21:08   #12
Beacon of light

No Less, it isn't to the point at all. You are using an emotive subject to illustrate your point on what is a 'pedestrian' subject....something that will have little effect on people's real lives.

If you didn't like the advert/or approve of the content or the company using it, then why post a thread on it?

And as for you thinking that advertising is all about buying the product, well yes, of course that is a primary aim, but people talking about the advert is a form of advertising in itself......it raises the profile of the company...brings it to the attention of more and more people.

The answer to your last question is 'yes', anything to make you smile. You are smiling now aren't you???
Personally, I find the advert a bit tedious. I'm really not that interested in what happens because it isn't real.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15   #13

Option 4 - she's drunk so much Nescafé Gold Blend waiting for his call, she now feels sick.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:31   #14
Give, give, give member

Wanted to vote for the option 'You plonker Rodney'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:11   #15

I think she gives birth to clones of the 118 twins - then she wakes up - it's all been a terrible nightmare !!!!!!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..