Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: You decide?
She Gets an abortion because she knows it's not his. 2 33.33%
He's been away for 18 months and is a touch suspicious. 3 50.00%
The other two spoilt brats move in with their real Dad. Cos, 'Mum that's disgusting innit?' 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 08:43   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: BT AD' You Decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I think she gives birth to clones of the 118 twins - then she wakes up - it's all been a terrible nightmare !!!!!!
Or maybe she wakes up to find that, just like the BT help line, she's engaged?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2010, 19:05   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No Less, it isn't to the point at all. You are using an emotive subject to illustrate your point on what is a 'pedestrian' subject....something that will have little effect on people's real lives.

If you didn't like the advert/or approve of the content or the company using it, then why post a thread on it?

And as for you thinking that advertising is all about buying the product, well yes, of course that is a primary aim, but people talking about the advert is a form of advertising in itself......it raises the profile of the company...brings it to the attention of more and more people.

The answer to your last question is 'yes', anything to make you smile. You are smiling now aren't you???
Personally, I find the advert a bit tedious. I'm really not that interested in what happens because it isn't real.
A trend I have noticed in some ad campaigns over here, and the BT ad seems like an example of it, is that they are sort of "fill in the blanks" deals. The local hospitals are advertising their fundrasing campaign with the slogan "Together We Can ... " (not even original). "Together We Can ..." what???? Together we can steal a bunch of airplanes and fly them into tall buildings. And the shallow people read the ad and find something profound ... but there is nothing profound about nothing. And here's an ad that really says nothing: the service station two blocks down the road advertises that they are "Family Owned and Operated". Well so is the Mafia for chrissake. I dunno, maybe the copywriters have just run out of ideas.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 19:44   #18
Beacon of light

I'm not sure that is entirely it Eric.......I think it is so that people can feel involved.
For goodness sake even the government have tried that one......Tell us which laws you think are Rubbish and we'll do something about it......Oh yeah......the hell they will.
It is to get people to 'connect' I think.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..