Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 12:02   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cabbages & Kings #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In Scotland maybe - but that aint Nessie(arily) so.
Now who's knocking Cmon?
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:26   #77
I am Banned

Just seen this on Lloydy's Twitter feed.
I am in sunny Sweden, is it really still sunny in Accy?

https://twitter.com/JimboWay6/status...688e26fb168d6e

Have a chuckle at the thread
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Sweden my definition D= Nice but boring @ Expensive. Sun virtually cracking the flags here shame yeh missed it lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05   #79

Cold & total cloud cover here in Telford (& yesterday). Bloody forecasts showed unbroken sunshine - useless!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sweden my definition D= Nice but boring @ Expensive. Sun virtually cracking the flags here shame yeh missed it lol.
Never boring Ol'
Nice people to deal with. (SAAB Aircraft)
Food and drink prices equivalent to London. In fact the Dunk' ale is dearer than what I paid last night.

As you know love Accy' but rather look at Swedish girlies all dressed in their summer clothes in Linkoping centrum than meander along Broadway and go compare, sunshine or no*
No fat birds in leggings in sight

*That'll be a horlicking from the current Mrs P when I get down to the Principality tomorrow she thinks it's all work and no play !
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Agree about the people D,very nice n helpful,i found em n the birds aint bad granted, as fer prices the greedy gets were charging £7 a pint way back in 96, just cos english football fans were yon. couple of swedish birds told us the truth n advised us to buy from offy round the corner n shove em under pub table, which we gratefully did.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree about the people D,very nice n helpful,i found em n the birds aint bad granted, as fer prices the greedy gets were charging £7 a pint way back in 96, just cos english football fans were yon. couple of swedish birds told us the truth n advised us to buy from offy round the corner n shove em under pub table, which we gratefully did.
Just checked receipt from yesterday. Harry's Bar Norrkoping. Pavement table 1 pint Staropramen ( proper Bud' not that hiss weak yankie copy) and a coke 64 SKr = £6:30
Falcon local draught a bit cheaper.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:08   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Just checked receipt from yesterday. Harry's Bar Norrkoping. Pavement table 1 pint Staropramen ( proper Bud' not that hiss weak yankie copy) and a coke 64 SKr = £6:30
Falcon local draught a bit cheaper.
Still dearer n London i think? also proves to me,how they tried to rip us off, it aint £7 a pint even now,
Old 18-06-2013, 09:49   #84
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if thats how you want it perhaps a move to russia for you would be best
Picking up on Accyman’s comments to me above on the “Who Owns What “Thread and seeing that EasyJet are now flying out of Manchester to Moscow. I thought “What the heck, ticks in a box and all that*, I’ll take my little babushka over for a weekend break ”
Flights booked for October £95 each, so far so good
Hotel near Domodedovo Airport offering free shuttle bus into downtown Moscow 3 nights £150, so far so good.
Then it got messy !
Will I need a tourist visa? well I’ll tell you this for nothing.
The process is flipping labyrinthine
First you need an official invitation to travel, obtained from tourist office or hotel at a cost £25ish
With that you then make a visa application costing north of £100 each……
So what was going to be a budget break now the costs are now going up faster than the proverbial bride’s nightie.
We have become so used to zipping at will around Europe and the States using low cost carriers like buses.
Ho Hum
The current Mrs P says “DP the savvy traveller, not”
Methinks I will have to make an adjustment to her housekeeping and not tell her the Zhiguli Beer Hall is on our itinerary.

*Also from watching ITV’s new espionage series “The Americans”
Old 18-06-2013, 18:34   #85
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Will I need a tourist visa? well I’ll tell you this for nothing.
The process is flipping labyrinthine
First you need an official invitation to travel, obtained from tourist office or hotel at a cost £25ish
With that you then make a visa application costing north of £100 each……
So what was going to be a budget break now the costs are now going up faster than the proverbial bride’s nightie.
We have become so used to zipping at will around Europe and the States using low cost carriers like buses.
Ho Hum
Methinks I will have to make an adjustment to her housekeeping and not tell her the Zhiguli Beer Hall is on our itinerary.
Wen we were planning our cruise to St Petersburg recently, which sadly did not go ahead, we were faced with a similar scenrio. Fortunately for us we decided on excursions each day, expensive but hassle-free, which meant we didn't need a visa but had to go back to the ship between each foray and be checked on and off each time by immigration officials.

The cruise company sent us information on how to obtain a visa which I have attached and the prices don't seem quite as steep as you say. Hope the web addresses are correct, let me know if not, it's done from a scan.
Old 18-06-2013, 18:38   #86
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wen we were planning our cruise to St Petersburg recently, which sadly did not go ahead, we were faced with a similar scenario. Fortunately for us we decided on excursions each day, expensive but hassle-free, which meant we didn't need a visa but had to go back to the ship between each foray and be checked on and off each time by immigration officials.

The cruise company sent us information on how to obtain a visa which I have attached and the prices don't seem quite as steep as you say. Hope the web addresses are correct, let me know if not, it's done from a scan.
Missed the attachment, here goes again...
Old 18-06-2013, 18:40   #87
Resting In Peace

Can't seem to get a .doc file to upload as an attachment, so here is the text:

VISA INFORMATION FOR RUSSIA

Discovery 'Baltic Cities & St Petersburg' Cruise DS11
Sailing 22nd May 2013 - A4576

British passport holders normally require an individual visa issued in advance by the Consular Authorities in the UK in order to enter Russia but as a passenger on the above cruise this may not be necessary.

As long as you limit your sightseeing in St. Petersburg to participation in the officially approved shore excursions there is no need to apply for an individual visa. A certified manifest of all guests on board is issued to the local Immigration Authorities and this document replaces individual visas.

We have pleasure in enclosing the advance details of the shore excursion programme that is due to be operated during your cruise and there is a range of carefully selected excursions available in St. Petersburg to enable you to make the most of your time there.

If however you do prefer to make independent arrangements for your time in Russia, it is possible to do so, although the procedure is quite lengthy and relatively expensive. You need to arrange for personalised invitations from our local agent in Russia which must support any application that is made to the Russian Consular Authorities in the UK.

A visa fee is levied by the Russian Consulate (at the time of writing £50.00 per person based on a 7 day visa processing service for a single entry Tourist Visa for a British passport holder, but the rate can vary) and this cost is to your own account. In addition, the Consular Authorities now outsource their visa application processing service to Messrs VF Services (UK) Ltd who will accept and process the applications on your behalf and a service charge of £27.60 per passport is levied. More details of the procedures and charges involved can be obtained from the following websites: Embassy of the Russian Federation to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Russia Visa Information - UK - Home Page.

Should you wish to apply for a personalised invitation, which cost £15.00 per application to enable you to obtain an individual visa kindly contact us no later than 1st May 2013

Once you are in possession of the invitations you will be required to complete visa application forms, supply passport size photographs and present them together with your passport at the earliest opportunity to Messrs VF Services (UK) Ltd for forwarding to the Russian Consular Authorities in the UK. Please note that since September 2011, the visa application form process can only be completed online and therefore you should carefully read the latest information contained on the Russia Visa Information - UK - Home Page website to ensure that you follow the correct procedures.
Old 18-06-2013, 18:46   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
[/SIZE]
Housekeeping "D"? yer ruining the lass.
Old 19-06-2013, 15:59   #89
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Can't seem to get a .doc file to upload as an attachment, so here is the text:

VISA INFORMATION FOR RUSSIA.
Thanks Susie.. as I said labyrinthine..

There does seem to be a variety of prices depending how one goes about the application process. The "Tourist Invitation" I suspect would have been handled by your Cruise operator and hidden in the total cost of your trip. Though it does make mention of a personlised invitation at £15
At least I have a good few months to make all the necessary applications.

Last edited by DtheP47; 19-06-2013 at 16:01.
Old 27-06-2013, 07:31   #90
I am Banned

Picked up a magazine in the Pals Medical Centre yesterday called Smallholder. It passed a few minutes as I waited to see the Doc. Interesting to read all about Bee keeping, Sheep rearing and Duck plucking. But the thing that got me scratching my head was a readers letter stating/asking " My hens are looking bored should I put some toys in their pen? "

Couple of questions thrown to the forum punsters and funsters.How would you know if a chuck was bored?
What toys would you give em?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..