Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2004, 08:48   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Doug

Well, i'm sorry i asked now.
Old 19-12-2004, 22:06   #17
Resident Waffler

Don't worry about it Bagpuss. If you don't know what they're on about count yourself lucky.

Old 19-12-2004, 23:25   #18
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
No idea where Doug is, hope all is well with him.
What a good suggestion.......

A nice deep one filled with slurry

BUT WHO PUSHED HIM? xxxxWINGY?? vvvvvME?? bbbbbor is there someone else with an axe to grind?
Old 20-12-2004, 00:16   #19
Member.

Oh dear, more insignificant dross. Busman stop trying to impress the big boys it only encourages them….

Nope…….you’re all wrong…….I’ve been very busy and I must admit a little bored with the occasional and somewhat false and ill informed personal attacks by a few. However, I’m still here and I will continue to post on what is an excellent site despite occasional let down by a few.

None this is directed at you Mez, and your last pm had nothing to do with anything, least of all my absence, your comments where accepted with grace and in the manner and warmth in which they where directed.

Janet thanks, I’m pleased that you asked so don’t be sorry. I’ve pm’ed you.

Sara, your thoughts are very welcome and I’ll be in touch soon.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-12-2004, 00:41   #20
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
None this is directed at you Mez, and your last pm had nothing to do with anything, least of all my absence, your comments where accepted with grace and in the manner and warmth in which they where directed.

Janet thanks, I’m pleased that you asked so don’t be sorry. I’ve pm’ed you.

Sara, your thoughts are very welcome and I’ll be in touch soon.
Heads down girls, Doug is P.M,ing again
Old 20-12-2004, 06:45   #21

Quote:
Nope…….you’re all wrong…….I’ve been very busy and I must admit a little bored with the occasional and somewhat false and ill informed personal attacks by a few. However, I’m still here and I will continue to post on what is an excellent site despite occasional let down by a few.
I'm surprised Doug......I can't remember you ever posting anything that could be construed as aggressive. Don't let the bu***rs grind you down mate!

I look forward to some more of your meaningful posts...which I for one fully enjoy!

Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-12-2004, 06:58   #22
Resident Waffler

OK, for Janet and Bagpuss and anyone else who is interested. You can all me a trouble maker after this if you like and quite frankly I don't give a damn this morning what anybody calls me.

Some time ago Doug sent me some PMs and some of the content was slightly flirty, which happens online and means nothing between people who don't know each other. (Although I am aware of a situation where something similar broke up the marriage of a friend of mine) In one PM he said something which Busman saw and he asked Doug not to say things like that in future. Instead of accepting that it may have been a problem and not acceptable behaviour, Doug sent me a PM with "love and kisses" in and a comment not to tell Busman about the love and kisses. Busman was right here when I read it but I wouldn't have kept it a secret from him anyway. Busman responded directly to Doug and here on the AccyWeb.

Anything else between Doug and Wingy is none of my business.

Old 20-12-2004, 07:04   #23
mez
God Member

morning doug, nice to see a posting from you, even if its only 1 it is STILL welcome, just as long as your ok? well keep posting, & have a happy christmas.
Old 20-12-2004, 07:26   #24
Caz
God Member

Morning Doug, welcome back. All the best

Old 20-12-2004, 10:23   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
OK, for Janet and Bagpuss and anyone else who is interested. You can all me a trouble maker after this if you like and quite frankly I don't give a damn this morning what anybody calls me.

Some time ago Doug sent me some PMs and some of the content was slightly flirty, which happens online and means nothing between people who don't know each other. (Although I am aware of a situation where something similar broke up the marriage of a friend of mine) In one PM he said something which Busman saw and he asked Doug not to say things like that in future. Instead of accepting that it may have been a problem and not acceptable behaviour, Doug sent me a PM with "love and kisses" in and a comment not to tell Busman about the love and kisses. Busman was right here when I read it but I wouldn't have kept it a secret from him anyway. Busman responded directly to Doug and here on the AccyWeb.

Anything else between Doug and Wingy is none of my business.
That's a different kettle of fish Willow.....Most of us know nowt about PM's to others.

But I for one don't like to get too familiar over the internet, and would most certainly never get personal. Maybe a quiet PM reply could sort it out...None of my business..I know.
Old 20-12-2004, 10:39   #26
Resting in Peace

Personal Attack's are NOT allowed in posts
if you must do it then do it through pm's only
as its only between the people involved THANKYOU

Last edited by Mick; 20-12-2004 at 10:42.
Old 20-12-2004, 10:58   #27
Member.

I’m somewhat surprised too see this issue raised again, but hey, why not leave the turkey alone and stuff the good will instead.…….I’ve never considered you a trouble maker Willow not now, and not in the past. I recall exchanging pm's on at least five or six occasions and yes I did sign off with xxx on at least two of them. If you where offended!! Then not for the first time in this matter, my apologies. However, apart from being my normal open and warm self I don’t partially recall flirting with you. I have never met you, nor have I ever seen you, But I take you at your word, and again not for the first time. I apologise to you personally for that.

Darby you’re a gent and a star. I look forward to meeting you request, I have noted your second post prior to writing this and all I can say is I’ve seen a lot worse on this site and this is an old issue. I’m no worse and certainly no better than anyone else on this site irrespective of what I’ve done or in my character. All I can say is from little acorns and all that.

Willow I made a post at one in the morning and omitted to pass my regards to you as I had to the other ladies posting on this thread. Sorry, it wasn’t personal.

Mez, Cazzer, willow and Darby thank you for your regards there very welcome at this time. My respects and affection to you and your families this Christmas.

Nice recovery busman.

Cazzer, what can I say. Thank you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 20-12-2004 at 11:00.
Old 20-12-2004, 11:39   #28
Resident Waffler

Hi Doug,

My intention here was to explain why Busman's name had been brought into this thread and how things can be misunderstood when they are in a PM. One reason why I prefer to say things openly.

Perhaps your interpretation of "flirty" isn't the same as mine. I don't mean to the extent of chatting up and asking out - just the love and kisses stuff. (Good grief I'm probably old enough to be your older sister and I don't go for toy boys!) It can be totally innocent and yet for a friend of mine it sadly led to the break up of their marriage through no-one's fault but the wife's

The subject was closed long ago but for Busman's name being brought up as a suspect in your possible murder in Less's game of Cludo. Glad to see that contrary to his initial suspicions you are in fact alive and well. Have a nice Christmas.

Old 20-12-2004, 13:45   #29
Member.

No problem there Willow. You and busman have my best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

P.S. I do believe that he may have brought is own name in to this one!!! lol.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-12-2004, 15:34   #30

Welcome back Doug, keep posting.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..