Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2008, 12:40   #31
God Member

Re: Everyone

As I said before (and this is not a dig at the mods) if posts are being deleted purely because they are reported then that is wrong in my opinion as this could be open for abuse by people who have an issue with any particular person, they should only be deleted if breaking forum rules.

Please can a mod clarify what happens when a post is reported, is it automatically deleted or is it read and decision made to delete or not??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2008, 12:44   #32
Senior Member+

Im pretty sure they read them first.. i reported a post not long ago and it wasnt deleted.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 12:57   #33
Resident Waffler

I reported a link which I felt wasn't appropriate but received a reply that it was being allowed to remain as it had been posted once before and no-one had reported that.

I am also absolutely stunned that anything Jen could have said would have caused offence. I've only ever known her to post light hearted digs which are fun. I have seen things posted by other people which are personal snipes at other members and yet they have been permitted to remain, possibly because the member who has been insulted has not felt the desire to report them.

I wish I knew what it was that someone has taken offense at and why. Perhaps it could be cleared up if it can be shown that they have misread or misinterpreted what was said.

Other people have left in the past over similar actions where they felt they had done nothing wrong and yet others who have caused trouble are still here. I find this very sad. Jen you will be missed.

I have only ever walked away permanently from two forums, one where I was unable to fulfill my moderating duties for several weeks due to a series of bereavements one after the other which left me feeling very little desire to be online at all and subsequently I felt almost further bereaved when having let the admin down I was removed from the staff. I just felt too sad to go back there again. The other where I was being hounded by my very own personal troll who even went to the trouble of joining AccyWeb under a different name in order to stalk me. Thankfully the mods here dealt with him but on the other forum he was allowed to stay despite having broken more than a few rules there. Some people really do need to get a life. If the latter has happened to Shillelagh on here I really do hope it can be sorted out and that she will come back. She's been an integral part of AccyWeb for so long. We will miss you Jen.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 13:07   #34
God Member

How sad, hope it all gets sorted soon and she feels she can come back.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 13:11   #35
mez
God Member

i agree wholeheartedly with you willow. there are certain (3 at most) members who are allowed to say what & how they want too on here .......i for 1 don't come on here because of them & the petty mindedness that goes on..on here its time certain mods opened thier eyes to the unrest that is now accyweb.

MOST UNFAIR ON JEN .
Old 21-06-2008, 13:18   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
As I said before (and this is not a dig at the mods) if posts are being deleted purely because they are reported then that is wrong in my opinion as this could be open for abuse by people who have an issue with any particular person, they should only be deleted if breaking forum rules.

Please can a mod clarify what happens when a post is reported, is it automatically deleted or is it read and decision made to delete or not??

i would also love to know the protocol because i have had posts and threads i have started removed that have not broke the rules and have had nothing but good replies then all of a sudden its gone

it seems to me there is a small few here who have nothing better to do than moan and insist that anything they disagree with to be deleted and they get what they want either because they are a long time member or friends of a mod

i have seen people be abusive , threatening and down right spitefull to other people and still remian members never mind get their posts removed infact one long standing member was forced to leave the site because of a barrarge of threats made by 2 members who decided it would be fun and who had a personal grudge against the member who was forced to leave yet they still remain members

no wonder people are leaving when their is such apparence of favouritism

this isnt a dig at all the mods becase lately i have had to use their help and the ones i have contacted have been very helpfull but from the outside when you see people getting away with half the stuff they do on here then people getting jumped on for trivial matters it does look like favouritism

if anyone is threatening or abusive to another member they should be gone wether the abuse is directed at a new member or at a pain in the bum like jambutty ( soz pal )

i look forward to not seeing this post anytime in the near future

peace

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 13:36   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

O.K. I'm as surprised as the rest of you about her announcement, but until we know exactly what or whom has upset her, can we try to avoid the speculation of, favouritism, stalkers, etc.

Come back shillelagh, you will be missed by your friends and if no-one knows why you left how can it be corrected?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 13:45   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have never reported a post (spammers excepted) in over 3 yrs on here, think its a bit sad when faceless turds report stuff fer nowt, only their twisted satisfaction. after all its only cyberspace, some need to get a life. can understand people reporting if they are threatened, then thats fair enough, but most of these people seem to be sad,dim,*******.
Old 21-06-2008, 13:51   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i have seen people be abusive , threatening and down right spitefull to other people and still remian members never mind get their posts removed infact one long standing member was forced to leave the site because of a barrarge of threats made by 2 members who decided it would be fun and who had a personal grudge against the member who was forced to leave yet they still remain members
I can't think of any long standing members that have left!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 21-06-2008, 13:51   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
can we try to avoid the speculation of, favouritism, stalkers, etc.
well i aint the only person who thinks its going on so somthing isnt right when plenty are noticing it

unless were all imagining it of course

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 13:55   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. I'm as surprised as the rest of you about her announcement, but until we know exactly what or whom has upset her, can we try to avoid the speculation of, favouritism, stalkers, etc.

Human nature to speculate before the facts Less. Bet everyone has checked their Outward Express inbox to view the notification of posts from our Shillelagh . I know I have, couldn't find owt though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 14:26   #42
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I can't think of any long standing members that have left!!
Can't you? Odd. I'd have though one at least would be especially missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have never reported a post (spammers excepted) in over 3 yrs on here, think its a bit sad when faceless turds report stuff fer nowt, only their twisted satisfaction. after all its only cyberspace, some need to get a life. can understand people reporting if they are threatened, then thats fair enough, but most of these people seem to be sad,dim,*******.
I've only reported things when they seem to me to breach the forum rules with problematic links, or spam or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Human nature to speculate before the facts Less. Bet everyone has checked their Outward Express inbox to view the notification of posts from our Shillelagh . I know I have, couldn't find owt though.
I don't get any. I stopped it because I was being flooded out!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 14:41   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

I've only reported things when they seem to me to breach the forum rules with problematic links, or spam or something like that.

exactly, agree with both comments, but then you got a life willow.
Old 21-06-2008, 14:48   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
yeah I can now!!!

Old 21-06-2008, 16:30   #45
Len
God Member

I’ve just had a look through her removed posts and I can't find anything that would suggest favouritism.

Her posts that had been removed were part of a whole load of off topic comments and as such, all were removed. I’m sure you would agree, it would have looked silly if we had removed everyone else’s off topic posts and just left shillelaghs. Just because a post or two goes missing, doesn’t mean it was bad, offensive etc

There’s nothing personal in the actions we take. If some one reports something then we’ll look into it and if we agree then we’ll do something. We do what we have to and if members take that the wrong way, then what can we do?

Another problem we have is that, we can’t be here all the time and if members don’t report, then what do you expect? No point in waiting months and months for opportunities like this and saying “its time certain mods opened their eyes to the unrest that is now accyweb” - instead, report it as its happening.

Chances are, there will be always unrest ‘due to the nature of the forums’, there will always be differences of opinions etc – and what members get up to in their private life’s ‘offline’ has nothing to do with accyweb. As long as everyone is happy ‘we can judge this by the amount of reports we get or lack of’ then everything is fine.

I agree, it’s a shames that she’s chosen to go because she has been a big help to us in the past. She’s not one of these that sit there and waits, she gets stuck in and acts and many thanks for that, you will be missed.

Last edited by Len; 21-06-2008 at 16:47. Reason: Fixed
Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..