Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2008, 18:43   #61
Len
God Member

Re: Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i was only asking i never mentioned anything about the who's online thing
No worries. I got the feeling you had something up our sleeve because the answer to your question had 'more or less' already been mentioned.
Hope I didn’t spoil it for you.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2008, 18:45   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
No worries. I got the feeling you had something up our sleeve because the answer to your question had 'more or less' already been mentioned.
Hope I didn’t spoil it for you.
Are you sharing flashy's Jumpers these days too>>

Oh Len... your typing today is cracking me up big time.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 18:47   #63
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Are you sharing flashy's Jumpers these days too>>

Oh Len... your typing today is cracking me up big time.
Slap!
Old 21-06-2008, 19:21   #64
Senior Member+

If someone has decided to leave the forum, why do they always feel the need to start a mardy thread? That question is rhetorical by the way.

Looks like yet another storm in a teacup.
Old 21-06-2008, 20:31   #65
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
Notifying everyone that there off topic posts have been removed could take ages and I don’t know how much spare time you have but on occasions I don’t have much. Besides, common sense would tell you why your post has been removed. If you know the rules and take the chance then don’t complain if or when your post/ thread disappears.

Well I've just noticed one of my posts has been removed and I have absolutely no idea why because I don't even know which post was removed. I'm only aware of it because I've just noticed that my rep power changed so I check my profile to see who had given me karma and why and I found two - one in this thread and one which no longer exists and I have no idea what it could have been about - but somebody agreed with me anyway so presumably it had more point to it that a mere thread wander!

I can understand people feeling 'what's the point?' when things which have caused no offence and have not hurt anyone have been removed.

I presume to have attracted karma my post must have had some 'meat' to it and perhaps did offend someone but even so I have no idea why it was deleted and probably never will as I have not been told. I am not aware of having said anything intentionally offensive so I'm feeling as confused as Jen now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 20:48   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

Well I've just noticed one of my posts has been removed and I have absolutely no idea why because I don't even know which post was removed. I'm only aware of it because I've just noticed that my rep power changed so I check my profile to see who had given me karma and why and I found two - one in this thread and one which no longer exists and I have no idea what it could have been about - but somebody agreed with me anyway so presumably it had more point to it that a mere thread wander!

I can understand people feeling 'what's the point?' when things which have caused no offence and have not hurt anyone have been removed.

I presume to have attracted karma my post must have had some 'meat' to it and perhaps did offend someone but even so I have no idea why it was deleted and probably never will as I have not been told. I am not aware of having said anything intentionally offensive so I'm feeling as confused as Jen now.
Willow, I have read all your post in this thread... and I'm as baffled as you... because I can't see any reason for any of your post being deleted either
The mind really does boggle at the moment as to what is going on!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-06-2008, 21:02   #67
Resident Waffler

It might not have been in this thread Slinky. I'll ask the karma giver if they can remember what it was.

Old 21-06-2008, 21:05   #68
God Member

Quote:
It might not have been in this thread Slinky. I'll ask the karma giver if they can remember what it was.
Ah sorry willow I thought you meant this one!! because I for one can't see why anything of what you posted in here could warrant being deleted.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-06-2008, 21:05   #69
God Member

It must be fairly serious for Jen to go in this way. I've pm'd and she's not replied which is also not like her.

I do understand why people leave - I did myself once because two people had started a thread that was agressive and upsetting against me for no reason. It upset me a lot at the time but after I made the decision to return I also made the decision to walk away from any threads that I didn't like or that were having a go at me.

I hope you come back soon, hun.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 21:29   #70
Len
God Member

Quote:

Willow, I suspect that the posts that you had deleted were in a thread that you had re- start about cousins and as I had told you, I had created a new thread using copies of the original posts.
Having created the new thread I then removed the originals’ which meant deleting your original thread’. I wasn’t aware of any karma that you had received for that thread. Perhaps we should also add this to the list of things that what we should be doing.

To be honest though, we could have sorted this via pm.

I wish everyone would stop looking for fault and just get on with it.
Old 21-06-2008, 21:45   #71
Resident Waffler

It's not looking for fault Len. It's just looking for ways to avoid people being upset by not knowing what is going on. When something happens to someone and they don't know why they can feel hurt even when no hurt is intended.

It's like when people post a light hearted comment but don't add a smiley and someone takes it the wrong way and gets offended. The nature of a message board is such that people cannot see facial expressions or the immediate response to something including body language so can get the wrong impression or the wrong end of the stick as it seems has happened here with Jen thinking her posts had been targetted for deletion.

Perhaps if someone can explain to Jen that her posts went as part of a mass deletion of a thread wander she will understand that it was nothing personal.

Old 21-06-2008, 21:49   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Most threads veer slightly off topic, just like real conversations do.

If I see it I'll report spam or bad language, but who on earth would be so petty as to report someone for going off topic in a thread about something so insignificant as karma?
in answer to yer question- sad,pathetic, lonely,little wimps, would report someone fer going off topic.
Old 21-06-2008, 21:53   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
in answer to yer question- sad,pathetic, lonely,little wimps, would report someone fer going off topic.
I agree....sometimes going off topic makes the thread more interesting.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 21:56   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If someone has decided to leave the forum, why do they always feel the need to start a mardy thread? That question is rhetorical by the way.

Looks like yet another storm in a teacup.

Lol, there have been a few of those.

I'll mention no names, because those people have since happily returned.

I didn't start a thread about leaving, but the weekend I had two threads deleted, I did huffily tell everyone in the chatroom, including Roy, that I was leaving the site forever.

I lasted just over twenty minutes.

Last edited by garinda; 21-06-2008 at 22:02.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 22:00   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Lol, there have been a few of those.

I'll mention no names, has the people have since happily returned.

I didn't start a thread about leaving, but the weekend I had two threads deleted, I did huffily tell everyone in the chatroom, including Roy, that I was leaving the site forever.

I last just over twenty minutes.
Get a haircut

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..