Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2008, 16:39   #46
God Member

Re: Everyone

so none of her posts where reported then Len? they where just removed because they where with others that where off topic?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2008, 16:45   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
I’ve just had a look through her removed posts and I can find anything that would suggest favouritism.
I do hope that is a mistake

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 16:50   #48
Resident Waffler

I hope no mods take offence at this but perhaps it would help, if when a thread is going off topic, if the wandering stuff could just be moved to a new thread instead of being deleted?

Or failing that, if at least the people whose posts are removed are informed why. This has been a recurring complaint when people get moderated that they often haven't a clue what they have done wrong or what rules have been broken.

If people do break rules and are informed of what they've done wrong then they can avoid repeating the offence, but equally if posts are removed for no other reason than that they have strayed off-topic then letting the poster know at least shows them that they have not offended anyone.

It does seem rather a shame that inoffensive posts are removed and offensive ones remain for no other reason than that the inoffensive ones are part of a general thread wander.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 16:50   #49
God Member

Quote:
and what members get up to in their private life’s ‘offline’ has nothing to do with accyweb
i agree but why are people who are thratening,abusive and intimidating other members on this site still allowed to continue been here and not prevented from rejoining by contacting their isp and reporting them

if somone has a personal problem with somone in the real world then yes i agree it isnt accywebs problem but when that person uses this site to persue a personal vendetta then dosnt that part warrant the permament removal of the offender especialy when its more than the once?

dont get me wrong len you have been helpfull t me but if i sent you pms and karma comments saying i was going to come to your home and kill you then im pretty sure i would be banned for good

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 16:55   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i agree but why are people who are thratening,abusive and intimidating other members on this site still allowed to continue been here and not prevented from rejoining by contacting their isp and reporting them

if somone has a personal problem with somone in the real world then yes i agree it isnt accywebs problem but when that person uses this site to persue a personal vendetta then dosnt that part warrant the permament removal of the offender especialy when its more than the once?

dont get me wrong len you have been helpfull t me but if i sent you pms and karma comments saying i was going to come to your home and kill you then im pretty sure i would be banned for good
I totally agree with that. Never happened to me personally ( although it could have done but I'm too thick skinned for the numpties to bother me ) But I have seen it happen!! and something should be done abut it.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 16:57   #51
God Member

dont get me wrong i can get snotty with people but iv never threatened anyone

mostly i take the mick

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 21-06-2008, 16:57   #52
Give, give, give member

I bet we've all been cheesed off with the site in the past.

I had two thread deleted in a weekend, and got told off, or that's what it felt like. The fact is I shouldn't have made those threads, but should have pm'd the moderators with what I saw as a problem. The moderators sent me a message, explaining why they'd been removed, and I could accept their point.

I'd hate to be a moderator. I think it is a fairly thankless task. On the whole I think they do a very good job as far as I can see. They try to be fair, and impartial, in my opinion. I'm sure mistakes do happen, but that's human nature, and like the rest of us, the mods are human. As Len said, they physically can't be on here 24/7, and rely on members to draw their attention to any problems that may arise.

If you read this Jen, I hope you do come back, because you'll be sorely missed. Your posts are informative, fun, and most of all genuine. All the things you are yourself.

Please think about it, and hopefully you'll be back posting soon.

If you honestly think you're being treated unfairly, leaving is giving in, and knowing you like I do, I know you're a fighter for what you believe, so bloomin' well stand your ground girl.

G xx

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 16:59   #53
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
so none of her posts where reported then Len? they where just removed because they where with others that where off topic?
The who’s online page is handy but just because you can see someone reporting a post/ thread doesn’t necessarily mean they are complaining.

The report button is a link to the moderator’s forum whereas members can ask questions, offer advice or even report bad content of any particular thread/ post.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 17:00   #54
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I do hope that is a mistake
Yes it was and I've fixed it.
Old 21-06-2008, 17:05   #55
God Member

Presumably thread wanders are acted on by being reported rather than the mods spotting them ?
Old 21-06-2008, 17:15   #56
God Member

thanks for answering my question Len..

Right Jen now get your back side back on here missus!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 17:23   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Presumably thread wanders are acted on by being reported rather than the mods spotting them ?
Most threads veer slightly off topic, just like real conversations do.

If I see it I'll report spam or bad language, but who on earth would be so petty as to report someone for going off topic in a thread about something so insignificant as karma?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 17:42   #58
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I hope no mods take offence at this but perhaps it would help, if when a thread is going off topic, if the wandering stuff could just be moved to a new thread instead of being deleted?

Or failing that, if at least the people whose posts are removed are informed why. This has been a recurring complaint when people get moderated that they often haven't a clue what they have done wrong or what rules have been broken.

If people do break rules and are informed of what they've done wrong then they can avoid repeating the offence, but equally if posts are removed for no other reason than that they have strayed off-topic then letting the poster know at least shows them that they have not offended anyone.

It does seem rather a shame that inoffensive posts are removed and offensive ones remain for no other reason than that the inoffensive ones are part of a general thread wander.
I don’t want to go on about this all night ‘there are too many if’s and but’s etc’

If possible we do split threads, but most of the time posts are so intertwined ‘with all the quoting’ that it’s not really possible and it would mean having to edit every affected post and that probably would cause more upset.

Notifying everyone that there off topic posts have been removed could take ages and I don’t know how much spare time you have but on occasions I don’t have much. Besides, common sense would tell you why your post has been removed. If you know the rules and take the chance then don’t complain if or when your post/ thread disappears.
Old 21-06-2008, 17:45   #59
God Member

len i know why my posts get deleted when you delete them because you pm me the reason why

granted most of the time with my posts its a matter of "when" and not "if" they get deleted lol

Old 21-06-2008, 18:01   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
The who’s online page is handy but just because you can see someone reporting a post/ thread doesn’t necessarily mean they are complaining.

i was only asking i never mentioned anything about the who's online thing
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..