Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2006, 22:12   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Have we any gamblers?

I gain absolutely NOTHING by making this post so please do not dismiss it out of hand as some sneaky attempt to gain referral commission. I am just passing on information that, after due deliberation, you may consider it to be worth gambling a few quid.

How would you like to be a currency speculator?

A few months ago I came across an opportunity to take a gamble on the Iraqi Dinar increasing in value in the coming years – yes years, although I reckon between 3 and 5 years. Actually I came across a site that GAVE AWAY Iraqi Dinar and it all went from there.

Iraqi has the second largest oil reserve in the world, so the Yanks aren’t going to give up on the country. Iraq also has gas reserves that rival the Russians. In a nutshell Iraq has the potential to become another Saudi Arabia or Kuwait with streets practically paved with gold rather than blood.

Billions of dollars are being poured into Iraq by the Yanks to rebuild the infra structure and get the country on a sound economic footing. The Yanks want, nay need the oil so they will see it through to the end. And now a fledgling government is in place and is slowly but surely getting to grips with the situation.

Today one IQD is worth £0.0003694059 and not worth the paper it is printed on except in Iraq. If you want to see how world currencies are doing on a day-to-day basis have a look at http://www.xe.com/ict/

There are seven denominations 50, 250, 500, 1,000 5,000, 10,000 and 25,000 Dinar notes. The notes that you get are brand new with running serial numbers and as close to mint condition that you can get and they are genuine. Well the ones that I have are.

There are many places on the Internet where you can buy IQD’s and I have found one in the UK (InvestInDinar) but he unsuccessfully tried to cheat me. A Google search will name plenty of other money brokers. Most are in the States and most of those will not ship outside the US but there are some who will and I’ve found one in Portugal who is as I post sending me my order.

If the IQD does increase in value to anywhere near the pre Saddam days it will be worth at least one pound and today you will pay about £75 for 100,000 IQD. Smaller amounts cost more as do lower denominations. You can get an idea of the approximate costs on http://www.iraqidinars.com/ the site in Portugal. They will sell you a 1,000 Dinar note for $1.90 (about £1) and in a few years time that 1,000 Dinar note could be worth at least £1,000 or more likely £1,500. They will also buy back your IQD’s but it will be at least a year before you can make even a small profit on the deal.

As I said it is a gamble that might come off. If it doesn’t my 384,000 IQD will make an interesting border around my living room and I will be £250 down and on bread and dripping for months. But if it does come off I will be about half a million quid up. That is my gamble.

I used to do the Lottery but only ever won £10 and must have spent at least £1,000 in that time. The Iraqi Dinar has, I feel, a better chance of giving me a decent return than the Lottery.
Old 16-06-2006, 23:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Have we any gamblers?

Interesting....but Il Stick To The Good Owd English Money...i Wouldnt Wanna Be Rich, Too Many Scrounging Bastids Would Be Sending Me Letters :d

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 23:25   #3
Give, give, give member

With his half a million quid Jambutty can go and be the puppet king of Iraq.

Not for me. I hate gambling and not having control over my destiny, but good luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 03:09   #4
Senior Member+

interesting concept but it wasnt too long ago when u had 1000 lira for 50p or something. but apart from the saudi's currency or maybe dubai's *pretty sure its dubai*

most arab currency's despite that oil arent anywhere near the strength of the uk pound so that 1500 for 1000 dinars is a rather optimistic - too optimistic i think. can u imagine if the valuation rose by that much how expensive things in iraq wud b? the common folk wud never afford anything.

the only two countries wiht currency stronger than the uk's i found in that region were qatar and kuwait. both highly financed by their royal families but neither having a large population

yeah the chances are it will go up but nothing as glamourous as what its sayin above
Old 17-06-2006, 03:10   #5
Senior Member+

http://www.ameinfo.com/cgi-bin/cms/page.cgi

see for urself...
Old 17-06-2006, 08:27   #6
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
Interesting....but Il Stick To The Good Owd English Money...i Wouldnt Wanna Be Rich, Too Many Scrounging Bastids Would Be Sending Me Letters :d
Give us a quid,,,,go on ,,go on ,, go on,,,
Old 17-06-2006, 11:51   #7
Senior Member+

I don't know much about this sort of thing,but thinking about it does all the notes not have Saddam on them?and if so would they not be due for re-issueing them?or maybe I'm wrong and they have already done the re-issue.
Old 17-06-2006, 22:43   #8
Resident Waffler

What if the currency gets revalued like our Ackers once were? - or more to the point the German Mark after WWII!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..