Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2006, 17:52   #1

Internet relationships

Came across this by chance.....we are not all 16 yrs old here..but some of the advice and reasoning here is apt for persons of whatever age...who are contemplating a full fledged net relationship.....This girl shows an admirable degree of common sense.....

I am nearly 16 years of age and i have already been in quite a few relationships. I must admit most were developed from the internet but some did blossom into real life. From my experiences of internet relationships i can't say because i didn't end up with any of the guys in the past that they were all a waste of time. They happened to teach me a lot about fake feelings and real feelings. After being in these relationships with guys who were always older than me (between 17-21) All of my relationships with these guys failed but in the end i was able to learn so much about myself and set my standards even higher. I began to understand that an internet relationship isn't just something you do for fun. Commitments are vital for these kinds of relationships. When you take on this kind of relationship you have to accept all the problems that may come with it, those problems can be..the distance; you may live very far from the person you like and it is always best to discuss how you would handle the distance if anything was to progress in this relationship. Will one of you sacrifice everything to move to the other. It would be terrible to continue a long distance internet relationship and then suddenly find out one day the person you are involved with can't handle the distance anymore and wants to call it quits. Talk about this with them and make sure that they are sure they can handle it before going any further. You will find if the other person cannot handle it then they were never being truthful about their feelings for you in the first place. Honesty; Are both of you being honest with each other. You can never really know for sure but it is always a risk you take on whether you trust the person or not. Not much can be done for this until the day you can meet the person. I suggest you be honest the whole way through otherwise both people can end up hurt and disappointed. I am currently talking to a guy who lives in another state of Australia (Sydney where i have for the last two years planned to move to and study there) We have made a great friendship and been honest with each other about what we want from this experience. We must wait another year and a half till i can move to be where he is but i have told him i will be able to wait that long to be with him and he has said the same. At the moment i feel sad to not be able to be where he is but i am also happy to know the person he is. In a matter of months i may be meeting him for the first time and that will be my chance to know whether everything i feel for him now through voice and words is just as real in reality. Some people can say internet relationships are a waste of time and maybe they are depending on how seriously you take one. If you want it to work out try your hardest, let the person know what you want from them and be honest. If things don't work out accept it as a learning experience and be wiser for next time. There is always a first time for everything, and a second, and a third, and so on....however many times it takes for you to get it right.

Tal
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2006, 17:54   #2

Re: Internet relationships

As a footnote.....I met my new wife on the net 3 yrs ago......
Old 14-06-2006, 18:06   #3
God Member

Hmmmmm........

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 19:26   #4
God Member

Whilst I accept that the girl in question is being sensible, is it still not a bit concerning that she has been having relationships with some of the men who were aged between 17-21?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 20:09   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Whilst I accept that the girl in question is being sensible, is it still not a bit concerning that she has been having relationships with some of the men who were aged between 17-21?
The girl is 16 so therefor i think 17-21 is quite reasonable, its better than a pervy 50 year old trying it on with her.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 14-06-2006, 20:09   #6
God Member

I think it's more concerning that at 16 years of age shes sat at a pc hoping to find Mr Right instead of being out with her mates enjoying life! I did actually find that very disturbing, it just seems wrong.
Old 14-06-2006, 20:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
its better than a pervy 50 year old trying it on with her.
wonders if slinky is looking at me???.......
Old 14-06-2006, 20:32   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow
wonders if slinky is looking at me???.......
Just think yourself lucky you don't have to look at her chick!
Old 14-06-2006, 20:36   #9
God Member

Cheeky Cheeky..........................nothing against 50 year olds, but alot against 50 year olds chasing 16 year olds lol

Miracles do happen!!

Old 14-06-2006, 20:38   #10
God Member

Quote:
Cheeky Cheeky..........................nothing against 50 year olds, but alot against 50 year olds chasing 16 year olds lol
You still got the emotional scarring from being turned down by the chappy after nearly 10 years slink? Jeez get over it he was to old for you ....
Old 14-06-2006, 20:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
You still got the emotional scarring from being turned down by the chappy after nearly 10 years slink? Jeez get over it he was to old for you ....
he only turned me down cos his older brother went with you and said you was crap in the sack

Miracles do happen!!

Old 14-06-2006, 20:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
he only turned me down cos his older brother went with you and said you was crap in the sack
Ahh crap yes but he did still say I was better than you
Old 14-06-2006, 20:49   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Ahh crap yes but he did still say I was better than you

I only tried ironing his wrinkles!! but hey if you was better than me you was better than me

Miracles do happen!!

Old 14-06-2006, 20:55   #14
God Member

Im not saying all intenet relationships are a bad thing but not all net relationships are good either. i know someone who met her partner on the net and he came across to her friends and family as the bees knees for the first few months then turned into a lying cheating dishonest layabout by which time she was besotted and brainwashed . It is sad to see a young girl sat at a pc with relationships in mind an in my day would be out enjoying themselves but donsent that speak for the youth of today when internet and chat rooms are the most important things and as for the mates they are most likely sat at home doing the same as the girl .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 20:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
I only tried ironing his wrinkles!!
Typo error ..........

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 14-06-2006 at 21:01. Reason: Naughty keyboard!!
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..