Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2006, 18:53   #1

Paparazzi lurking

These guys have alledgedly already killed a royal....who,s next?...

Paparazzi lurk for fresh Jolie-Pitt photos

Wednesday Jun 14 14:51 AEST
The paparazzi jostled for position in Malibu, California on Tuesday, apparently ready to do nearly anything for the first unauthorized photos of Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and newborn Shiloh.
"One time I chased Brad Pitt who was riding a motorcycle all the way from here to Los Angeles, mostly on the wrong side of the road," one shooter bragged.
"But I don't drive too crazy, I just like to be at the front of the pack," he said on condition of anonymity, as did the rest.
These men — all are men — are brothers in their profession but cut-throat competitors come the moment for the big-money shot that might pay the mortgage for a year.
Under a tenuous social order, they have held vigil for four days since the celebrity couple returned from Namibia to their seaside home.
Paparazzi say photos here command far higher prices than the European celebrity photo market.
Paparazzi have come under fire in Los Angeles for their sometimes dangerous pursuits of subjects.
Galo Cesar Ramirez was arrested last year for suspicion of intentionally ramming the car of actress Lindsey Lohan so that she would get out — and be photographed.
The Malibu paparazzi insist they are doing no wrong greater than giving people what they want.
"We're really not a bad bunch," said one as he wrapped a photo lens in black electrical tape and inspected it for imperfections.
"If Brad and Angelina were to come out of the gate right now and go down the road for a cup of coffee or something, we wouldn't even follow them," said another, with a skull belt buckle and a boxing glove pendant on a silver chain around his neck.
"You've got to wait them out, let them get a little comfortable, then maybe they'll take a drive up to Santa Barbara or something and we can get the good pictures," he said.
Governor Arnold Schwarzengger signed legislation in January giving California tough restrictions against aggressive photographers.
Under the new law, any celebrity photographer causing an accident may be liable for up to three times the amount of damage he causes and will lose any royalties for the photographs.
Patience pays the paparazzi as well as aggressiveness.
They cannot take days off, perhaps for a month, while waiting for big-money shots like the Jolie-Pitts, as the sun set over the Pacific Coast Highway

Tal
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2006, 19:06   #2
God Member

Re: Paparazzi lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow
These guys have alledgedly already killed a royal....
sigh ...what a complete and utter load of tosh you have written there. allegedly of course..
Old 14-06-2006, 21:19   #3
Senior Member+

i know i hate those paparazzi's i cant go to the gym without being feared some guy is gonna take a pic of me flexing my man-boobs

how dare they!

but seriously the fact society is becomin more and more interested in celebs just gives them more ammo to go and get such pics. the fact so many celeb mag's have been on the shelf is just an indication of this.

what i hate is when u get these mags and thru 3 random pics they decide that the body language is sayin htat they're drifting apart *L*
Old 15-06-2006, 01:12   #4
God Member

where were the paparazzi when Marianne Faithfull was wrapped up in that sheepskin rug........now that would be a picture worth looking at .........it's an image I've dreamed about for nearly forty years .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 06:40   #5
Resident Waffler

There have always been paparazzi where there are famous people. It's just that we used to call them "press photographers"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 09:01   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
There have always been paparazzi where there are famous people. It's just that we used to call them "press photographers"
or murderers as "talentedbutslow" would have them called.... tsk
Old 15-06-2006, 09:12   #7
Resting In Peace

I think Kipax, you share the same view as I do as in who (Allegedly) dunnit!
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 09:30   #8
Resident Waffler

Ernie you're not thinking what I think you're thinking are you?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 09:42   #9
God Member

Sorry Ernie nope... see my sig as to why I take his post badly
Old 15-06-2006, 10:18   #10
Resting In Peace

OK Kipax I think I understand, what do you think I'm thinking Willow?
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..