Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 21:41   #16

Re: Hows this for law and order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Don't bring God into this.
If he had received a few clips round the ear by the local bobby maybe he would not had ended up that bad.
And maybe he would- never seen any logic in this "in the good old days" type of argument- we are living now not then.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2007, 11:50   #17
Resident Waffler

More's the pity. Then was a lot less hassle than now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 23:48   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
More's the pity. Then was a lot less hassle than now.
But now was informed by then, we would not be here now if it wasnt for what happened then. Then, then, has a lot to answer for.
Old 10-07-2007, 00:52   #19
God Member

just curious , since the miscreant is still 'under-age' what compensation for car repairs/damage etc. is available to the victims of his actions , i.e. all the cars he vandalised , can the owners sue his parents ? since it appears he was still living at home do they the parents have any responsibility to pay up ?
Since parents are usually required to pay for errant footballs breaking windows will this young lads parents be held to the same standard ?
Or is there a scheme available for crime victims to make a claim to some 'criminal injuries board' for recompense ?
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:39   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
But now was informed by then, we would not be here now if it wasnt for what happened then. Then, then, has a lot to answer for.
Where did you get that gem of philosophy from? A Christmas cracker? "Then" was better in the sense that there wasn't the epidemic of crime we suffer from now and a nasty, vicious little sod like this would have been slapped down.

Unfortunately, lunatics like you have taken over the asylum and this is why we have arrived at this sorry state of affairs.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:57   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Unfortunately, lunatics like you have taken over the asylum and this is why we have arrived at this sorry state of affairs.
wyn i couldn't have put it better. sorry am unable to give ya karma.lol
Old 10-07-2007, 11:49   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
But now was informed by then, we would not be here now if it wasnt for what happened then.
I beg to differ. We wouldn't be in half the mess we are in now if we had stayed more like we were then.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39   #23
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i say bring back corporal punishment, the reasons why kids are like they are today is because they can do what they want and dont have to worry about the consequences, they get away with it and they know it!
Old 10-07-2007, 14:14   #24
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Where did you get that gem of philosophy from? A Christmas cracker? "Then" was better in the sense that there wasn't the epidemic of crime we suffer from now and a nasty, vicious little sod like this would have been slapped down.

Well said Wynonie (karma given).

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 20:28   #25

Quote:

Rubbish!
On what are you basing the 'epidemic of crime' certainly not in reported crime stats or British Crime Survey- or is it just an opinion?
Advocating violence against anyone including a 'nasty vicious little sod' as you put it, is pathetic.
As for the 'sorry state of affairs' we are in- emigrate then if you have such a problem with it.
I have not descended to the level of name calling ignorance you seem so ready to lapse into as you have done on previous occasions- an education is such a marvellous thing- (sarcasm is much better)
Have a nice day!
Old 10-07-2007, 20:29   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wyn i couldn't have put it better. sorry am unable to give ya karma.lol

No of course you couldnt because original thought is not really your thing is it.
Old 10-07-2007, 21:33   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Rubbish!
On what are you basing the 'epidemic of crime' certainly not in reported crime stats or British Crime Survey- or is it just an opinion?
Advocating violence against anyone including a 'nasty vicious little sod' as you put it, is pathetic.
As for the 'sorry state of affairs' we are in- emigrate then if you have such a problem with it.
I have not descended to the level of name calling ignorance you seem so ready to lapse into as you have done on previous occasions- an education is such a marvellous thing- (sarcasm is much better)
Have a nice day!
So you're saying that crime is no worse than it was 40/50 years ago? As you know so much more than the rest of us about it, perhaps you'd like to produce statistics to back this up?

When I said "slapped down", I was speaking metaphorically. What I meant was that he should be locked up for a long period of time in extremely spartan conditions to protect the public from his appalling behaviour. Doubtless, you will be recoiling in horror at this prospect as I'm sure in your eyes, he is just a poor, misguided youth who needs a little understanding.

Yes, I must admit emigration does seem tempting when confronted by you and your like, because I know that your softly softly approach to criminality has made this country a much worse place to live in over the years. But at the end of the day, I would prefer to stay and fight my ground in the hope that one day the will of the silent majority of ordinary, decent people may prevail and criminals will receive their just desserts.

Finally, I have to say that I very rarely resort to name calling on this forum; however, for you I will make an exception - you, sir, are a sanctimonious, arrogant prig.
Old 10-07-2007, 21:47   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No of course you couldnt because original thought is not really your thing is it.
oh of coarse,you still have not come up with your answer on how to deal with these cretins. you remind me of Humpty Dumpty.
Old 10-07-2007, 21:49   #29

Quote:
So you're saying that crime is no worse than it was 40/50 years ago? As you know so much more than the rest of us about it, perhaps you'd like to produce statistics to back this up?

When I said "slapped down", I was speaking metaphorically. What I meant was that he should be locked up for a long period of time in extremely spartan conditions to protect the public from his appalling behaviour. Doubtless, you will be recoiling in horror at this prospect as I'm sure in your eyes, he is just a poor, misguided youth who needs a little understanding.

Yes, I must admit emigration does seem tempting when confronted by you and your like, because I know that your softly softly approach to criminality has made this country a much worse place to live in over the years. But at the end of the day, I would prefer to stay and fight my ground in the hope that one day the will of the silent majority of ordinary, decent people may prevail and criminals will receive their just desserts.

Finally, I have to say that I very rarely resort to name calling on this forum; however, for you I will make an exception - you, sir, are a sanctimonious, arrogant prig.
Yes crime has increased in the half century time frame you identify. Society is much changed also with differing pressures, differing influences and differing problems.
You classically assume that the alternative to your 'hang em and flog em' brigade is to leap to the opposite end of the spectrum ie 'the softly softly' approach. You seem to suggest that locking people up in spartan conditions for a long time is the answer- again not backed up with evidence. We have more people in prison than ever before and you feel that we still have major problems- you cant have it both ways surely.

'Sanctimonious, arrogant prig'? The stock response of the undereducated when faced with anything outside their narrow frame of reference. Its not arrogance its intelligence. (Now thats arrogance!)
Old 10-07-2007, 21:54   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes crime has increased in the half century time frame you identify. Society is much changed also with differing pressures, differing influences and differing problems.
You classically assume that the alternative to your 'hang em and flog em' brigade is to leap to the opposite end of the spectrum ie 'the softly softly' approach. You seem to suggest that locking people up in spartan conditions for a long time is the answer- again not backed up with evidence. We have more people in prison than ever before and you feel that we still have major problems- you cant have it both ways surely.

'Sanctimonious, arrogant prig'? The stock response of the undereducated when faced with anything outside their narrow frame of reference. Its not arrogance its intelligence. (Now thats arrogance!)
theres many with intelligence,few with common sense.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..