Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2008, 22:42   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Hyndburn/Blackburn boundaries

Well that seems to show the pub definitely NOT in Rishton! It does seem to be a bit ambiguous about what is Rishton and what is Clayton though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-06-2008, 23:32   #32
Resting in Peace

Best I can do with the Blackburn boundary though, and completely ignoring Willow's post above ... LOL

marioexternal_MAPSRV4361621801052.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 00:17   #33
Resident Waffler

The green line between Ossy and Rishton seems to be in a different location on that one and would have the Redcap in the Rishton and Clayton bit.

On that link which was posted earlier if you zoom in it says Rishton and if you zoom out it says Ossy, for exactly the same co-ordinates.

Old 23-06-2008, 07:59   #34
God Member

sooooooo if that line goes where i think it goes then Reece goes to school in Hyndburn then? it looks like its going to cross half of whitebirk road

it just misses Peronne Crescent and i live just off there, so following the line through the field it WILL cut whitebirk road in half
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 09:02   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
sooooooo if that line goes where i think it goes then Reece goes to school in Hyndburn then? it looks like its going to cross half of whitebirk road

it just misses Peronne Crescent and i live just off there, so following the line through the field it WILL cut whitebirk road in half

Don't think so Flashy .. sorry, not too good at this, but think this shows clearly. There is a school just inside the Blackburn boundary? The A 6119 is Whitebirk Road :-

marioexternal_MAPSRV439163616304.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 10:18   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Well that seems to show the pub definitely NOT in Rishton! It does seem to be a bit ambiguous about what is Rishton and what is Clayton though.
The boundaries you are referring to in your post are Ward boundaries for election purposes.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 10:46   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart

The school you must be talking about is in Blackburn. Here's a map of the boundary:
electionmaps_osem012448438490894.jpg

Old 23-06-2008, 11:08   #38
Resident Waffler

So, are we any clearer yet?

Old 23-06-2008, 11:14   #39
God Member

yeah clearer about which town Reece's school is in thanx Kate

but the redcap thing is still annoying me
Old 23-06-2008, 11:15   #40
Resident Waffler

Me too, I'm still not clear on that, especially as that link Yerself gave also seems to have a split opinion on the matter. When you zoom in it's in Rishton and when you zoom out it's in Ossy even though the co-ordinates remain the same.

Old 23-06-2008, 11:17   #41
God Member

right so its in Blackburn Ossy and Rishton, is that settled now then???
Old 23-06-2008, 11:20   #42
Resident Waffler

I think the barns at the back might be in Clayton!

Old 23-06-2008, 11:25   #43
God Member

I've just been playing on the MARIO site and you can clearly see the boundary between Rishton and Ossy on the 1:10000 first edition map and on a 1950s 1:50000 map. On those maps the Redcap is in Rishton.

Old 23-06-2008, 11:27   #44
God Member

well we'll go back to the beginning then shall we yerself? lol WHY DOES IT HAVE A BLACKBURN POSTCODE AND WHY HAS IT GOT A BLACKBURN ADDRESS? lol the town planners need to get a grip and sort it out, no one is disputing the fact that its in Rishton what we are disputing is that it doesnt belong where it says it is
Old 23-06-2008, 11:40   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart
well we'll go back to the beginning then shall we yerself?
What you're trying to say is, we know where it is but we don't know where it isn't.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..