Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2008, 19:11   #1
Senior Member+

Kamikazee Insects

Seems this humid weather is turning the insect world mad.Was attacked by a wasp (when God was creating all living things the devil must have wedged his foot in the door for this peevish little sh**),in the Postal Order.Gave the git a clout with a menu & it came round only to sting the lad sat adjacent to me.Coming out of Morrisons some kind of beast flew down the back of my t-shirt.Fearing it was a wasp i obviously made an issue out of it.Thankfully it remained subdued until the journey home when it began to make its way towards my bum cleavage Squeezed the blighter to death through my t-shirt for being so foward.No wasp,or insect when i got home,just some remnants on the insde of my t-shirt.Today whilst toiling in my yard....wasps drinking (or trying to) my beer,black beetle like things dropping dead from the sky(well,higher up than me)strange long bodied flies having a siesta in everything i painted & the usual swarm of normal flies around the bin.Roll on winter,what about you?
Old 30-08-2008, 19:15   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Kamikazee Insects

Its not just the insects that seem to have adopted a "death wish" stupid pigeon in town flew straight into the old pound shop window
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 19:39   #3
I am Banned

Re: Kamikazee Insects

At this time of year all the Queen wasps for next year have been fertilised, and all the workers and drones have nowt left to do, just waiting to die, thay start eating fruit and such, which turns to alcohol in their stomachs and makes them drunk. All the others are looking for the place to lay their eggs for overwintering.
Its happened every year since insects first came into being, and thats a lot longer than man has been around.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..