Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2009, 12:12   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Non smokers avert your eyes.

Thanks for that Accyman .. surprising what's on the web ...

Discovered my problem here ... wasn't doing the rolling bit ...

Doing a bit better .. my problem is the last bit where you roll the paper under the other ... think my thumb nail is a bit too long ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2009, 21:41   #32
Resting in Peace

Just to bore you .. an update.

Going backwards again, have discovered you cannot roll that paper if your hands are really cold, which mine appeared to be this afternoon. Need slightly sweaty hands. Had to have a couple of normal ones whilst making cock-ups.

Did learn something new though. Went to shop for new papers (having to keep chucking 'em) ... new assistant under supervision, asked for "those paper things you wrap around tobacco" .. assistant first grabbed tobacco, then filters. Finally youth behind me muttered "skins" ... all became clear. Learnt a new word ... just don't fancy asking for a packet of skins though...
Old 28-07-2009, 21:42   #33
God Member

You missed the 60s then?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 21:46   #34
Senior Member+

rizlas if you wash up/have a bath and dry your hands you cant (or at least i cant lol) roll a fag either

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 21:57   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You missed the 60s then?
That wink suggests there is more to you than meets the eye Margaret ..

Did it originate with joints then? Never tried those ... are they good ? .. Never too late to learn ... hehe.
Old 28-07-2009, 21:58   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
That wink suggests there is more to you than meets the eye Margaret ..

Did it originate with joints then? Never tried those ... are they good ? .. Never too late to learn ... hehe.
I plead the 5th amendment

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 22:01   #37
God Member

Use a cheap and cheerful Zig Zag rolling device with swan filters and Zig Zag papers.
Device £1....Tips 450 for £1...Papers 500 for £1. (Darwen Market)
Beats the hell out of tailor made fags.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 22:30   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Use a cheap and cheerful Zig Zag rolling device with swan filters and Zig Zag papers.
Device £1....Tips 450 for £1...Papers 500 for £1. (Darwen Market)
Beats the hell out of tailor made fags.
I know Royboy ... will have to succumb to a rolling machine... just that when I get interviewed in a 'My Life' column, and they asked me 'what new skill had I learnt recently?' .. would have had at least something to report to the readers to make me appear enterprising and interesting.
Old 28-07-2009, 22:39   #39
God Member

well I think its a great first attempt Kate well done.

I went onto roll ups when I was smoking purely financial but after a while didnt like the real cigs anymore so stayed with roll ups all the time. So what I did whenever we went out I would spend 20 mins in the afternoon rolling my cigs and I always had a packet to keep the rollys in. It just saved me having to roll whilst out.. Must admit though I hated smoking without tips. always made me cough like a miner.

Still im glad I dont have to bother anymore.. been two lovely years smoke free now.. Ahhhhh!!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 22:42   #40
Senior Member+

ive been smoke free for a year now

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 28-07-2009, 22:45   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
well I think its a great first attempt Kate well done.

I went onto roll ups when I was smoking purely financial but after a while didnt like the real cigs anymore so stayed with roll ups all the time. So what I did whenever we went out I would spend 20 mins in the afternoon rolling my cigs and I always had a packet to keep the rollys in. It just saved me having to roll whilst out.. Must admit though I hated smoking without tips. always made me cough like a miner.

Still im glad I dont have to bother anymore.. been two lovely years smoke free now.. Ahhhhh!!!
You can get filters for rollups, they also make a machine that you put your tobacco in one part, a ready paper tube complete with filter in the other & it combines the two, no need to twist the ends to stop the baccy falling out.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 22:46   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post

Humph .. clever cows ...
Old 28-07-2009, 22:47   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
You can get filters for rollups, they also make a machine that you put your tobacco in one part, a ready paper tube complete with filter in the other & it combines the two, no need to twist the ends to stop the baccy falling out.

Retlaw

I found them awful to use. never could grasp it.
I just used a filter and rolled them by hand so much easier I though.

And the papers fro those ready made things always left me with a cough.
Old 28-07-2009, 22:48   #44
Senior Member+

lol i quit smoking then found out i was pregnant... only reason i stayed smoke free!! i still wake up sometimes with that tight feeling in my throat/chest that a cig would clear

Old 28-07-2009, 22:49   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Well done..
Bet you feel so much better . I do

I still get cravings now and then and I ve even had a puff on one when I was up town on a night out a few weeks back but it made me feel yuk!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..