Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10   #46
God Member

Re: Oh Look It's Jump On The Bandwagon time!

[quote=blazey;487147 so why should I even bother to make the effort to be nice, when me and my friends can just type loads of stuff to just wind you up?[/quote]

I did ask why you came on the forum when you clearly have nothing but critiscism for it and eventually you have now provided the answer. Interesting to see you see this forum as some form of plaything for you and your friends as well, I think that speaks volumes for you. Do you actually arrange parties for it or just decide on an ad-hoc basis when to have your fun ?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:03   #47
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Dont pretend to know better than me just because your such a close knit community and stick by everything eachother says.

Have you actually read many threads on here? We agree on some things and disagree on others. I can agree with one person on one topic and then disagree with the same person on a different topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
This isnt just to you willow, but just an idea about that quote.

With discussion on forums, everything discussed doesnt tend to have one set answer, but many different views, and if you always stick by your own principles and ignore everyone else without thinking, you wont ever change, but if you attempt to contend every argument thrown at you, only then will you learn if that argument is actually more plausible than your own, and change your ways, but once you age, you tend to set your principles in stone more as you have argued most angles of every argument and chosen the one you struggled most to contend against yourself.
So of course, the older you get, the more angles you have had chance to look from in detail, and the more decided you are in your view point, to put it in a shorter definition. Does my idea make sense?

A young person who bows down to the first idea everytime, isn't really going to be their own true person, but just a reflection of other individuals ideas but not be able to truly adhere to them, and I dont think they'd ever really learn much, and if young people never challenged ideas then I dont think the world would be as advanced as it is today, do you?
You may well discover as you age that far from having your principles set in stone you will have had more experiences on which to base a wider variety of opinions and become more flexible. It seems to me that it is the younger people who are far more rigid in their attitude. Of course we old fogies have the advantage over you in that we too were once 18 and we remember what it was like and we remember how we thought we knew it all. Then we grew older and realise how little we did know.

Oh and simply because something is printed in a text book that doesn't make it irrefutable. It's merely the author's viewpoint. Many text book opinions have later been proved to be inaccurate.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:26   #48

Having read through the thread Mein Kampf and also this thread, something puzzles me about blazey’s postings.

Disregarding post content, some posts are quite childlike, with poor sentence structure and poor grammar. Other postings appear well thought out and well presented, more adult also.

It’s almost as if Blazey is two different people. Or perhaps some of the better postings have been made on a word processor first, then pasted into the thread.

Am I alone in noticing this ?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36   #49
God Member

I have noticed the same. I get the impression of a confused young person trying very hard to look mature - I think we all went through a phase like that at one time - I just wish she would hurry up and learn TACT

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Having read through the thread Mein Kampf and also this thread, something puzzles me about blazey’s postings.

Disregarding post content, some posts are quite childlike, with poor sentence structure and poor grammar. Other postings appear well thought out and well presented, more adult also.

It’s almost as if Blazey is two different people. Or perhaps some of the better postings have been made on a word processor first, then pasted into the thread.

Am I alone in noticing this ?
No mystery, she admitted herself that there is a group of them posting together;

[quote=blazey;487147 so why should I even bother to make the effort to be nice, when me and my friends can just type loads of stuff to just wind you up?[/quote]
Old 01-11-2007, 11:02   #51
God Member

Wikipedia definition
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response

She seems to fit the definition - a candidate for 'ignore lists'?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:49   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Wikipedia definition
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response

She seems to fit the definition - a candidate for 'ignore lists'?
Ah yes why not - pretentious people are void of any 'real' friends

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..