Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2006, 23:52   #16

Re: R.C.B. ...Hes Massive In Real Life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Better not let my daughter know about that as she is McFly daft. Does show though you can still meet the stars on the street and some are no diferent than us well apart from cash and fame.
Well.. it was quite exciting, the whole experience. When myself and a friend realised it was actually him we dashed into a newsagents nearby bought the first thing with McFLY sprawled across it (for him to hopefully sign).. which where the majority of the magazines then as they were just becoming famous..

We then ran back out and he was down the street.. my friend shouted "Danny!" (Embarrasing :|) But he seemed alright about it lol. He stopped anyway, so we ran over.

After we got chatting, I asked him if he could sign the mag with them on it.. but he scrolled through the magazine (like you do) and insisted he wanted to sign this :|

Which says "Happy Christmas and have a great new year, with love, Danny."

morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2006, 09:54   #17

I have shook the hand of the great Tony Livesey AND met Tommy Walsh from Ground Force.
Old 17-08-2006, 12:46   #18
God Member

Would it be possible for someone to elucidate on this thread? My understanding so far is that several members have, by chance, happened to meet a foul-mouthed geordie "comedian" a third-rate teenage c-list celebrity and a few other characters who reside in the north-west; and so this justifies a posting on here. Why? What is this nonsense supposed to be about?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 17-08-2006 at 12:48.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 13:07   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
a third-rate teenage c-list celebrity
Would that be the member I was refering to from McFLY?
Thats McFLY, two platinum selling number 1 albums, of which their first knocked the Beatles off the chart for youngest band with a number one album. McFLY.. two sell out tours, with another one on the way this year, numerous Brit Awards and various other awards, 6 number one singles (two of which were for charity inc. Comic Relief and Sport Relief) ..AND starred in a Hollywood film along side Lindsay Lohan, Just My Luck?

Ohhhh.. that c-list celebrity!

Last edited by morgan_brotherz; 17-08-2006 at 13:13.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 13:26   #20
God Member

Met Tom Hingley once (Inspiral Carpets singer) he was a top fella.
Now you're all going "who?!"
Ah well.

Met Rita & Alec from Corry in the middle of Accy once haha....
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 17:31   #21
God Member

John Barnes & Phil Neal catching a plane to Belfast. They were going for a training camp in northern ireland somewhere. Got their autographs and gave them to a young neighbour who was a Liverpool fanatic!

Eamon Holmes and his son on the plane from manchester to Belfast. He was so snobby wouldnt sign autographs wouldnt talk to anyone so a bunch of fellas who'd come over to go to a Preston NE match started singing and shouting and gave him some stick all the way to Belfast! Can you imagine an hour of em singing songs getting at Man Utd cos he'd been to the match and he had a man utd coat and scarf on.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 17:57   #22
I am Banned

Bumped into quite a few in one day in 2000 & got my 15mins of fame as well !!!! When i was doing a domestic violence awarness campaign slot for granada breeze called 'well woman' usually hosted by Caryn Franklin [clothes show/fashion expert] unfortunatelly she missed our slot as her plane delayed from Paris, so we had a stand in instead for our recording slot of the show. Caryn finally got to the studio ready for next recording of the show [pre-shows for xmas period] & we were asked to stay & be part of the audience, to which i asked a good question which seemingly spurred Caryn to speak with me for ages after the recording - she was talking & complimenting my discussion also opologised profusely for missing our slot - she was absolutely down to earth & a really nice genuine person, had to keep pinching myself as all i could think was omg this is caryn from clothes show that i used to watch with me mum, she was brill & i was humbled with her kind words & friendliness

After show we were outside Granada Studio's having a rewarding fag after long morning of filming, Liza Tarbuck came out of the taxi parked right infront, she brought her kids along in a rush to get to neighbouring studio but managed to say hi to us all & ask what show we were in & we were asking about her show - err it was we both knew each other personally lol. Mike Baldwin aka Jonny briggs came zooming out of Corrie in his gold jag, he saw us gobsmaked & waving like idiots - he slowed right down wind his window down to say hi & waved before pulling off [he is a nice man - a very nice man], he was obviously in a rush but like Liza was very nice to take time to say hi. Unlike Liz McDonald aka Beverly Callard whom pulled out of corrie in a black cab - gave us the most disgusted look before cab pulled off [not nice] & finally saw poor So Rahman [news reporter] walking own main road towards the studios building. All in one day

& now our Accystanley players - well personally met a few x coach Paul Cook, Rob Elliot & my son has a treasured pic of him with Jimmy Bell

Last edited by accymel; 17-08-2006 at 17:59.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 02:49   #23
Yank in King Art's Court!

I spent the day (August 2, 1988) working in the White House with President Reagan.

Also, in 1978, Ted Williams (one of the greatest hitters ever in American Baseball) came to my hometown to dedicate a baseball field. Actually, my future, and now present, wife's dad built the field in their old cow pasture.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..