Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2009, 21:02   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Rhyddings NEW P.E kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they are changing it this year back to shirt,tie, jumper and blazer
That is good news as they look very scruffy now, especially the girls.

It is not good though when you have to pay for it. When Accrington Academy changed uniform they helped parents by supplying some of it IIRC
Old 16-06-2009, 21:08   #17
God Member

yeah they did, but i suppose its just like buying your childs new uniform for the beginning of every school year....i ALWAYS buy Reece 2 NEW school uniforms every year anyway, even if last years still fits him(i always throw the previous years uniform away), i think old uniforms start looking tatty if worn for more than one year, in Blackburn we do get a grant of around £30 towards a new uniform but this year that will only just about pay for the blazer....i dont mind paying for anything, its just when we are told we have to buy the P.E kit at a certain time that i start objecting
Old 16-06-2009, 21:30   #18
God Member

Am I the only one who felt the chill when 'black shirts' was mentioned?
East London Advertiser - The day I fought the Blackshirts in Battle of Cable Street—Bill Fishman

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 23:18   #19
God Member

How come Blackburn residents get a £30 grant and Hyndburn residents don't? I thought all school uniform grants had been abolished.
Old 17-06-2009, 00:08   #20
God Member

Different Councils Bernie, Hyndburn is under Lancashire County Council and we are under Blackburn with Darwen borough council
Old 17-06-2009, 00:21   #21
God Member

Different councils have different ideas on what will get them votes.
There was some quite loud chuckling at Germaine Greer's lecture today when she expressed an opinion on hanging baskets

Old 17-06-2009, 08:04   #22
God Member

not at all Margaret, it hasnt got a thing to do with votes imo, its got a whole lot to do with how much money they have

lets not go off thread hey
Old 20-06-2009, 12:50   #23

a friend of mine went to rhyddings to get the new pe kit and it cost here 45pound , i have to boys at rhyddings and there goin into year 11 in sep , so i refuse to buy the new kit , and if the school don,t like it then they can buy it , im not , not for about 7month coz thats how long there will be there , if you take out all the holidays , and im only gettin the pants shirt and jumper , not gettin tie , coz they don,t have to wear them , i feel realy sorry for these parents who child or children or goin into year 10 , coz they have to buy everythin ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 13:37   #24
God Member

you dont need ALL the kit, shorts t-shirt and footy sox which comes to just under £20
Old 20-06-2009, 13:38   #25
God Member

oh and i forgot to say that there is a petition in abbey st shopping centre to see if they can sell the p.e kit, i signed it the other day
Old 20-06-2009, 19:37   #26
God Member

i have always held teh opinion that if a school especialy a juniour school wants to enforce a school uniform then the school shoudl provide it

employees have to provide uniforms so why not schools

my biggest gripe is primary schools having uniforms , when i was a kid teh only juniour schools that had them were either private or snobby schools , all teh other schools went in jeans and t-shirt or whatever,
some juniour schools refuse to let your child wear a white undershirt if it dosnt have their logo on so instea dof paying £2 for it you end up paying a lot more because it has a certain logo on it

to an extent i can understand secondary schools having a uniform but there is no reason what so ever for a junior school to have a uniform

the best argumnent they have is that it keeps everyone the same , i dont want my child to be the same and also a scuffy kid is going to be the scruffy kid regardless of if its wearing a uniform or standard clothes

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-06-2009 at 19:40.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 21:23   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i have always held teh opinion that if a school especialy a juniour school wants to enforce a school uniform then the school shoudl provide it

employees have to provide uniforms so why not schools

my biggest gripe is primary schools having uniforms , when i was a kid teh only juniour schools that had them were either private or snobby schools , all teh other schools went in jeans and t-shirt or whatever,
some juniour schools refuse to let your child wear a white undershirt if it dosnt have their logo on so instea dof paying £2 for it you end up paying a lot more because it has a certain logo on it

to an extent i can understand secondary schools having a uniform but there is no reason what so ever for a junior school to have a uniform

the best argumnent they have is that it keeps everyone the same , i dont want my child to be the same and also a scuffy kid is going to be the scruffy kid regardless of if its wearing a uniform or standard clothes
I disagree with you on this one.

Without school uniform you would get children turning up to school in all kinds of ridiculous, inappropriate clothing.

There would also be the issue of children being picked on for not wearing the 'in' branded clothing..........and can you imagine the fussing in a morning when they're trying to decide what to wear?

I am very strongly in favour of school uniform.
Old 20-06-2009, 21:37   #28
God Member

thats exactly WHY they have school uniforms H
Old 20-06-2009, 22:04   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
thats exactly WHY they have school uniforms H
I know, I was just saying that to accyman when he said he was against uniforms for primaries.
Old 21-06-2009, 04:24   #30
God Member

Maybe the head has decided who should be the new role model for your kids
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brunoforweb1_1426489f.jpg (5.0 KB, 7 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..