Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2009, 21:17   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Rhyddings NEW P.E kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
HAHA, i mean for my daughter ya wally, and this is only for year 11

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2009, 23:06   #62

By the way I like how the website sells Rhyddings hoody tops when the new uniform list clearly states no hoodies!
Old 18-07-2009, 08:35   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Out of curiosity how do schools decide who can supply uniform and how is copyright of the school badge licensed ? Surely the taxpayer owns the copyright ? On what basis do places like Abbey St stock school uniform ?
Dave, according to Reece the new P.E kit doesn't even have 'Rhyddings' on it, all it says on it is 'Surridge'
Old 18-07-2009, 08:37   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
By the way I like how the website sells Rhyddings hoody tops when the new uniform list clearly states no hoodies!

Nikki, we all got letters through the post the other day about what to wear and what not to wear, about no phones in school and all that....did you by any chance get 2 of these letters on different days? i did....what a waste of school resources
Old 18-07-2009, 08:56   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Nikki, we all got letters through the post the other day about what to wear and what not to wear, about no phones in school and all that....did you by any chance get 2 of these letters on different days? i did....what a waste of school resources
No, I haven't had any letters at all, and I've searched his school bag - was there anything in the letters about 'extreme' hair styles? My son has been told they are not allowed anything other than natural hair colours from next year.
Old 18-07-2009, 09:21   #66
God Member

got 2 of these through the post

Dear Parent/Carer

As the term draws to a close i am writing to you to express my thanks and those of the staff for your support over the last academic year. I would also like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to a number of points in relation to our new uniform, general appearance of students and mobile phones.

As you know our new uniform is intended to give Rhyddings students a smarter, more business-like image. To complement this we ask that you remind your son or daughter that only one small ear-stud is allowed in each ear and that no other body jewellery (rings/bars etc) are to be worn in any other visible piercings. Please discourage your son or daughter from having any visible piercings over the summer holidays to avoid problems on their return in September. We also ask that you ensure that any hairstyles are not extreme and that any hair colouring your son or daughter has is only natural colours (not bright colours such as red, green or blue)

Following an increasing number of problems caused exacerbated by the use of mobiles in school we have decided that from September mobile phones will be banned. Any mobiles phones seen around school premises will be confiscated for collection by parents/carers at the end of the day. Any student who needs, for example, to contact their parent urgently, will be allowed to use a school phone. As usual parents can contact their son/daughter by ringing school if necessary. Students are already aware that they should not bring items such as ipods and mp3 players into school.

Finally, we will be returning in September with a new Rhyddings uniform. At the time of writing this letter we are still awaiting delivery of our ties from Trutex. They were promised for 1st July and we are obviously concerned that they are late. We hope that they will arrive in school today (Tuesday) or tomorrow. As soon as they do arrive we will notify all students. To simplify selling the ties in school and in recognition of the delay by our suppliers we have reduced the price to £5, which is below cost price. Ties will be sold in school until Friday. In addition school is open throughout most of the Summer holidays and ties can be bought from Summer School staff who will be on site usually between 9am - 12 noon. Please ring the bell outside reception for attention. Blazers will be available from both Abbey St. Stores, Accrington and Whittakers, Blackburn from 15 August.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, i couldnt be arsed checking after typing
Old 18-07-2009, 10:04   #67

Cheers for that flashy, thank god he's only there a couple more months. I have no time for anyone who feels the need to attempt to make people into clones and don't respect individuality.

PS. I also take extreme offense to the letter as I'm a professional business manager who has purple streaks in her hair and doesn't wear a suit!
Old 18-07-2009, 10:59   #68
God Member

your welcome Nikki
Old 18-07-2009, 12:53   #69
Resting in Peace

This school uniform thing was going on when I was at school, having to buy from designated suppliers, when I went to the Holy Family we could only get the uniform from certain shops, my mother got mine from J B Smiths which was down on the corner of Queens street, or near enough, there were shops in Accy too but never bothered with them
Old 18-07-2009, 18:41   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Dave, according to Reece the new P.E kit doesn't even have 'Rhyddings' on it, all it says on it is 'Surridge'
Thats scandalous and a rip off.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:08   #71
God Member

Reece has been badgering me to buy his p.e kit online saying he will be in trouble when he goes back if he hasnt got it

£18.39 ended up costing me £29.23 all because i HAD to buy it online, thats just the basic p.e kit, shorts t-shirt and socks

just reading a note at the bottom of a letter we got it says.....if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, return it to us within 28 days of receipt in an unworn/unused condition for a full refund or exchange Please note this does not apply to incorrect fitting of garment

so basically if i've ordered the wrong size then its tough cos i wont get my money back or an exchange...GRRRRRR

Qty Item Description Price Extended
1 RHY001-S
RHYDDINGS BLACK/WHITE TRAINING SHIRT-S £11.26 £11.26
1 RHY002-YTH
RHYDDINGS BLACK FOOTBALL SHORTS-YTH £4.33 £4.33
1 RHY003-3/6
RHYDDINGS BLACK/WHITE SOCKS-3/6 £2.80 £2.80

Total Volume 0.00
Total Weight 0.00
Subtotal £18.39
Handling £0.00
Shipping £7.39
Taxes £3.45
Total £29.23

i noticed that they are doing the Haslingden High Schools p.e kit now too

Last edited by flashy; 03-08-2009 at 12:10.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 18:17   #72
Senior Member+

They did Hassy High's pe kit last year too, I ordered online easily enough, then opted to get it delivered to school, didn't get it till mid Oct, came in 2 shipments and the sizing is very hit and miss.Having said that the stuff is good quality and some of it will do again this year.
Old 05-08-2009, 20:44   #73
God Member

it said on the letter that if we bought it online we couldnt get it delivered to school, what P.E kit did she use from September till she got it?
Old 05-08-2009, 20:56   #74
Senior Member+

Had to use her old one! wasn't shelling out any more money! And to be honest they hardly used the Surridge stuff, hers was a zip up top and a sweatshirt, not really needed for the indoor stuff. Zip up top I got small adult size and it's still too big for her now!
Old 05-08-2009, 21:03   #75
Senior Member+

Just rechecked her letter from school, providing I order before 12th August it is free delivery to school in first week of term, other than that it's £8.50 delivery charge. Trackie pants just have Surridge on them as do socks and shorts, everything else has school logo.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..