Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 00:59   #1
Always EVIL within us

Thumbs down The Dangers of P.M's!

I would like to publicly bring to the attention of just one certain member of the forum, the dangers of P.M's.
I use a different P.C. to my fiance....... but we DO tend to use each others P.C. on a regular basis.

I noticed that she has recently received two "innocent" P.M's from the same person but in both cases has signed them of with XXX's In the latter case, reference was made "not to tell Busman about the XXX!" THIS WILL STOP HERE AND NOW!!

I will not name (yet) the person involved but if you have amorous intentions, I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that you find someone other than my fiance to flirt with!..and remember that THEIR partner may also share computers!

You may continue to contact either of us either on the forum or by P.M, but remember that we have the utmost trust in each other and ANY more communications that suggest anything more than normal comments or discussions will be immediately reported to the moderators.

A message to all other members, Please do not ask details, You may have a good idea of the person involved but I will not reveal a name unless that member ignores my warning.

An apology would be in order to my fiance...but PLEASE don't cringe when doing it! The word "sorry, won't do it again" will suffice!

(OH YEAH, I feel that I can remove some of your Karma points for this, I hope you do not object )
Old 01-11-2004, 07:16   #2
Member.

Re: The Dangers of P.M's!

This refers to me incidentally…. I would agree that the pm’s are innocent and that no offence was meant. Usually these things are taken as a bit of fun. Obviously I have caused offence for that Busman has my apologies. I must say that I have download records of over 1500 pm’s all "Incoming" which contain or end with xxx. Again, my apologies to Busman and his partner. If you wish to remove karma, that would fine I have problems with that at all.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-11-2004 at 10:22.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:45   #3
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
A message to all other members, Please do not ask details, You may have a good idea of the person involved but I will not reveal a name unless that member ignores my warning.
I don’t have any particular gripe over this issue and I’m more than happy to be held accountable. However may I suggest (with your partners permission) that the two innocent pm’s containing the offending xxx are published openly so that no one individual or group misinterprets my intention this may well benefit others who do this sort of thing on a regular basis so as not to put them off or being put at ill ease when communicating. Notwithstanding the fact that I hold a large record of pm’s containing “incoming xxx” I don’t feel that those individuals are in anyway flirting or expressing over amorous intentions towards me. I should wish to be so lucky in that respect… I do see it for what it is “an innocent expression of mood or feeling of friendship of minor affection….

I would consider my signature to be apt at this time for those who my wish to think ill of this matter. or depending on the opinion expressed.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-11-2004 at 10:46.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:53   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hey, Busman,

XXX

Old 01-11-2004, 11:23   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Hey, Busman,

XXX

You are naughty Less........lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-11-2004, 16:23   #6

Well busman i wish you luck. I asked on more than one occasion and he took no notice.
And doug for your reference i too have downloaded pm's. But to have 1500, i can only assume that your doing this with a lot of people!!!! But who else i wonder????

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 16:48   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
Well busman i wish you luck. I asked on more than one occasion and he took no notice.
And doug for your reference i too have downloaded pm's. But to have 1500, i can only assume that your doing this with a lot of people!!!! But who else i wonder????

The most receive from one person (the same person) in one day was 229 between 1.00 in the afternoon and 4.30 in the morning that was about four weeks ago. On average it could be anything between 10 or a 100 it depends on how talkative the person is apart form two main individuals most pm’s have been odd and sods. I have 1200 pm’s all from one individual. All I can say is these incoming and all where welcomed. I would also have to say that I would have responded to every single one as well. That’s what happens when two friends communicate with each other over a distance? I must say however the whole idea of Private Messaging is just that “private” and I also need to add the neither of us would be hurt or embarrassed by the content. I must point out that things do get difficult when people fall out as we have and when others involve themselves.

If the Moderators wish to implement a ban get on with it. But I will defend myself and or, others where and when necessary. No personal offence is meant to anyone.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-11-2004 at 16:53.
Old 01-11-2004, 16:48   #8
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I must say that I have download records of over 1500 pm’s all "Incoming" which contain or end with xxx.
It has nothing to do with me what you "keep" on your P.C, but I am mildly curious about the 1500 PM's that you say end with xxx. Do you keep ONLY those PM's or do you have many more and merely counted all 1500 relevant PM's? THAT would have been very time consuming.

It is up to my partner as to wether she publishes your comments, unlike you, she does not keep them unless they are worthy and yours are not.

For a man to sign off with kisses to someone they do not know is offensive. To tell them not to show to their partner the offending message is total ignorance! and unacceptable!

I was willing to keep your name out of this thread but YOU chose to explain yourself and in doing so has provided a warning to all the ladies out there and their partners about your "habit!"
You are digging yourself a hole Doug and it is getting so deep, you are unlikely to get out! I for one, will not be crying for you!
Old 01-11-2004, 17:04   #9
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
That’s what happens when two friends communicate with each other over a distance? I must say however the whole idea of Private Messaging is just that “private” and I also need to add the neither of us would be hurt or embarrassed by the content. I must point out that things do get difficult when people fall out as we have and when others involve themselves.
There is NOTHING private between my partner and myself. I do not give a s*** what other people call you or how often. I hope that you are not accusing my partner of flooding your e-mail box, she has more important things to do than that! She has been polite and returned your P'M's as and when.... as she would do with any other member of the forum but without attaching endearments!.

I do not know if you have a partner or not but if you do, is she/he (just being politically correct) aware of your flirting? or is it kept secret from them? Yea I know, none of my business, I am not concerned about the answer anyway, I think you answered it by your comments above about privacy.
Old 01-11-2004, 17:05   #10
Member.

Quote:
You are digging yourself a hole Doug and it is getting so deep, you are unlikely to get out! I for one, will not be crying for you!
Your point was accepted the first time, for me it's not really an issue. An affectionate sign off is not uncommon on this site between people who have never met. I don’t keep the run of the pm’s that or just chit chat, But I do keep records of the private ones in which the content is affectionate and meaning full, I also keep the ones that could cause a misinterpretation to be misconstrued or where a pm is blatantly use to cause offence. It’s just a pity in my eye’s that the pm system wasn’t used in this matter. Again no offence was meant. Has for digging a hole for myself busman I couldn’t care less. People will choose to believe what they want to, where my relationships are concerned those involved know what’s true and what’s not.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-11-2004, 17:12   #11
Member.

Quote:
I hope that you are not accusing my partner of flooding your e-mail box, she has more important things to do than that! She has been polite and returned your P'M's as and when.... as she would do with any other member of the forum but without attaching endearments!.

I do not know if you have a partner or not but if you do, is she/he (just being politically correct) aware of your flirting? or is it kept secret from them? Yea I know, none of my business, I am not concerned about the answer anyway, I think you answered it by your comments above about privacy.
I'm not suggesting anything of the kind Busman and you know that to be true. In total both I and your partner have exchanged about 7 or 8 pm's since joining the site back in June not one of them was in any way inappropriate in either direction. I have never met or seen your partner why would I seek anything other than conversation.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-11-2004, 17:52   #12

Quote:
why would I seek anything other than conversation.
Perhaps, becauase your a sad man? (I know your going to plead your innocence, but all the woman I talk to think differently!).

I know your going to use either the English or the Latin language to try & talk your way out of it, but there are too many that know the truth,

(only a blackmailer would find a need to keep hold of so many pm's surely)

Old 01-11-2004, 17:59   #13
Member.

Do you Less. Not an issue really. make your own mind up, but I wonder what this as to do with you and why you again resort to personal insults.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-11-2004, 18:05   #14

Quote:
Do you Less. Not an issue really. make your own mind up, but I wonder what this as to do with you and why you again resort to personal insults.
ho hum doug here we go again, you pretending to be worldly wise & me being the idiot once more, I seem to manage to go through my life without upsetting any-one other than you, & you seem to go through life upsetting the rest (there MUST be a latin quotation for that)!
Old 01-11-2004, 19:00   #15
Member.

Whatever my friend I'm happy for you to have an opinion.... please try and express it without resorting to personal insults. That all I ask......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..