Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 15:36   #106
Senior Member+

Re: The state of this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
This seems like a legitimate question to me. It is the impression that both myself and two other new members got when we joined. If you notice the important part of this post it reads, "Nobody is suggesting legitimate solutions to the topics. Can somebody please tell me why that is?" << That is called a question NOT a remark! The rest of the post consists of one other question and one opinion of an impression. Tell me do you see any statements in the post?
This is great its just like being back at school! Im sure lots of people on here DO know the difference between a question and a remark.

Im sure a question ends in a ? (question mark!)

Do i get the gold star now .
Old 18-06-2007, 15:38   #107
I am Banned

As we are sooooooo bad at answering your Question then why please answer it for us as it should be?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 15:41   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Also I didn't post a thread called the BAD state of the forum simply' "The state of the forum". If you think that I intended it to read bad then maybe you should wonder why I would think it were bad?
What a daft remark you certainly was not jabbering on about the wonderful place that Accy web really is now were you!! Also there only seems to be you and a couple of others who have a problem with the place and before you reply with i never said i had a problem, if you didnt you would be joining in with the general discussions of the forum and not creating lots of lets say less than wonderful threads you know what i mean.
Old 18-06-2007, 15:43   #109
I am Banned

Dont worry mummiboo, we're all not as stupid as he claims - even he struggles to answer a question too
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 15:44   #110
Resident Waffler

Every thread in the forum does not turn into a slanging match. We do have some discussions and debates and we don't always agree with each other but we haven't had a ding dong slanging match for ages until the past few days. Now I wonder why that could be?

If one of the new members you are referring to is Treacletart perhaps you would do well to ask him why he responded to a couple of perfectly logical questions with a sarcastic reply. As you yourself said when people are attacked they tend to defend themselves and this forum being the friendly place it is when we see one of our number (or two in this case) being badly treated we tend to defend them too.

As for yourself and your daughter perhaps if you were both a little less prickly you'd find people to be more friendly towards you. Nobody likes to hug a porcupine.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 15:47   #111
Resident Waffler

What things are we not offering legitimate solutions to anyway? Is there something specific that you could perhaps draw our attention to?

Old 18-06-2007, 16:33   #112
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
What a daft remark you certainly was not jabbering on about the wonderful place that Accy web really is now were you!! Also there only seems to be you and a couple of others who have a problem with the place and before you reply with i never said i had a problem, if you didnt you would be joining in with the general discussions of the forum and not creating lots of lets say less than wonderful threads you know what i mean.
I have two popular threads that people are enjoying very interesting conversations in. accyweb IS wonderful. It is just spoiled by a few bad apples. Thankfully they don't join in threads that are not adversarial. That's why I let them think that they are winding me up in threads like this. That way the decent people get to discuss topics with me in peace.
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 16:35   #113
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What things are we not offering legitimate solutions to anyway? Is there something specific that you could perhaps draw our attention to?
I have drawn attention to the posts and people that in my opinion spoil the site for others. I'm not flogging a dead horse when you can go and examine the remains for yourself. If people wish to post in a thread that I start I don't see that they can complain when I retalliate to abuse. Glass houses and stones!
Old 18-06-2007, 16:39   #114
God Member

Quote:
I have drawn attention to the posts and people that in my opinion spoil the site for others.
You have been on here for about 4 days and you talk like you own the place. You have no idea from your cotton pickin hideout what this forum is like
Old 18-06-2007, 16:40   #115
Resident Waffler

Now you've just convinced me.

Old 18-06-2007, 16:43   #116
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You have been on here for about 4 days and you talk like you own the place. You have no idea from your cotton pickin hideout what this forum is like
If it looks like, smells like and tastes like then, you know the rest.
Old 18-06-2007, 16:44   #117
God Member

Quote:
If it looks like, smells like and tastes like then, you know the rest.
I have to say your'e constant crap has worked on me. I'm off to forums where they don't allow trolls. Have a nice life.
Old 18-06-2007, 16:47   #118
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I have to say your'e constant crap has worked on me. I'm off to forums where they don't allow trolls. Have a nice life.
That's a very mature attitude. I can't quote where piltymon has done any of the things on the poster that was posted so I'll run off and blame him for it without any evidence whatsoever. I won't miss you. That's the kind of behaviour that got us to this point in the first place.

And THAT was my last post in THIS thread.
Old 18-06-2007, 16:58   #119
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

And THAT was my last post in THIS thread.

Roy open up the bookies again, looks like we could have good odds with this one.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:14   #120
God Member

Hmmm anyone reckon he could be related to madhatter??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..