Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 13:00   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What did yeh do last night?

Went out last night, first News Years Eve fer a few years, 6 of us, Me, Keep The Faith, n Semi-Skilled, n wives, went Popular club, was a great night, Group n Solo artist on n were first rate, bumped into many old friends up yon, even had a Bop a few times, though only 1 at a time, cos i'm knackered, What did you do fer New Years Eve?
Old 01-01-2012, 13:18   #2
God Member

Re: What did yeh do last night?

I watched Hercule Poirot and read a book.
Nowt different from usual happened.

which suits me fine

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 13:22   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Went out last night, first News Years Eve fer a few years, 6 of us, Me, Keep The Faith, n Semi-Skilled, n wives, went Popular club, was a great night, Group n Solo artist on n were first rate, bumped into many old friends up yon, even had a Bop a few times, though only 1 at a time, cos i'm knackered, What did you do fer New Years Eve?
Sounds like it turned out to be a good thing the Cruise was cancelled after all Cashy!

I made a nice meal -Paté, Duck breast with a radicchio and orange salad, lemon sorbet and then Pasticcini from Betty's -the best cake shop in Cremona.

Tucked hubby up in bed at 10 as he had to get up at 2-30am for milking.

Watched a bit of telly, spoke to a friend on the phone then saw the New Year in with a cup of tea -we'd drunk a bottle of sparkling stuff with the meal earlier. Was in bed at 12-02 and unfortunately woke with a start at 3-45am with terrible pains and something akin to Nova virus starting. Been feeling rotten all day -haven't managed to eat a thing...

Could be a good way to start a "this year i'm going to lose weight" resolution!

Happy New Year anyway -as far as i'm concerned at the moment, it can only get better

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 13:25   #4
I am Banned

Spent about 10 hours, on computers searching for, & writing up the Accrington Heroes, carrying on looking for Pals for William Turner. Switched off about 0015 hrs.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 13:27   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Spent about 10 hours, on computers searching for, & writing up the Accrington Heroes, carrying on looking for Pals for William Turner. Switched off about 0015 hrs.
Retlaw
Sounds like a fun time was had by all!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-01-2012, 13:46   #6
God Member

i did nowt last night

my niece was working at The Pop club collecting glasses last night, she was the one in the mini mouse costume
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:23   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Watched a bit of telly, spoke to a friend on the phone then saw the New Year in with a cup of tea -we'd drunk a bottle of sparkling stuff with the meal earlier. Was in bed at 12-02 and unfortunately woke with a start at 3-45am with terrible pains and something akin to Nova virus starting. Been feeling rotten all day -haven't managed to eat a thing...

Could be a good way to start a "this year i'm going to lose weight" resolution!

Happy New Year anyway -as far as i'm concerned at the moment, it can only get better
Sorry you're not well - do you mean norovirus? never heard of nova virus Richard and I have both been a bit iffy for the last couple of days but don't think I've transmitted it to Italy. But we did eat duck - as did you...

We did manage to toast the new year and absent friends while watching the fireworks in London on TV but that was about it.

Onwards and upwards for 2012.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:25   #8

Had a good night, 9 of us went to the Reena then to the Arden. It was great being with family and friends.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:29   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Sorry you're not well - do you mean norovirus?
Yep -that's the one! Eugh - and i had to cook lunch all the same

Only plus -my weight has gone to the lowest it's been in about 5 years - had already lost over Xmas which is unheard of

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-01-2012, 15:48   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Ate, drank & got merry with good friends, contributed to the popping & banging around midnight, then sat & put the world to rights into the wee small hours, with some even better friends "Mr Smirrnoff, Mr Becks & Mac McFarclas"
Old 01-01-2012, 17:46   #11
God Member

Called at the Griffins head, which was packed and ticket only, then to The Whittakers which wasnt as busy, but the music was poor both in choice and in quality, the 3 of us were the third and smallest party to leave in a 15 minute period, went on to The Broadway and then have a memory lapse :P, twas a good night overall!
Old 01-01-2012, 18:21   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Pasticcini from Betty's -the best cake shop in Cremona.
Harrogate, York and now northern Italy... didn't know they were branching out...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:43   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Harrogate, York and now northern Italy... didn't know they were branching out...
Wonder if any relation to "Aunty Betty" of Sunshine Corner fame?
Old 01-01-2012, 19:25   #14
Clearly Classy.......

We had a takeaway with my lovely parents', then to our lovely neighbours for drinkies, games, 'n' giggles........lovely evening, very civilised. Happy New Year All x

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 19:30   #15
Beacon of light

Himself watched some really crappy films on TV.
I listened to some music and retired to bed about 10.30(after being told I was miserable for not having an alcoholic drink).
I finished the book I was reading....and that was it.
Not done much today either...just had a normal Sunday Roast.
Anyway, Glad you all seemed to have fun.
Happy New year folks.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..