Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2008, 14:11   #16
God Member

Re: Wilma the tortoise.

Will it be on the buffet menu?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 143u-0b2e096c4562b7be9ebbd0ac9daac502.48664508.jpg (50.4 KB, 12 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2008, 14:30   #17
Resting in Peace

Oh Margaret .. you wicked woman .... Is that a serious dish ?

Knowing my cooking though, would probably throw the legs away and leave the shell ...

Oh hek, she's scratching on her box ... "There, there Wilma, 'tis OK .. will not let you near this lady" ...

Now look what you've done !

Wilma 001.jpg

Last edited by katex; 28-06-2008 at 14:38.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 14:40   #18
Senior Member+

oh Margaret.... thats made me feel a bit sick!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 14:59   #19
God Member

They eat anything that moves in China- snake and turtle soup

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 20:28   #20
God Member

Mine often sleeps with the cats. I've seem him climb right onto them when they're sleeping, then when they wake up they tip him on his back! He never seems to learn though.

I love my tortoise, I think everyone should have one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (529.1 KB, 13 views)
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 20:48   #21
Resting in Peace

Blazey, that is lovely ... taken Wilma back home today (and of course grandaughter ..LOL). Will miss her. Had to laugh .. vet says Wilma a little overweight !! Only eats salady things .. how come ?
Old 01-07-2008, 23:31   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Blazey, that is lovely ... taken Wilma back home today (and of course grandaughter ..LOL). Will miss her. Had to laugh .. vet says Wilma a little overweight !! Only eats salady things .. how come ?
No idea, I don't really know about leopard tortoises. Tortoises that are meant to be hibernated can get overweight if not hibernated, and it can be bad for them as they grow too fast for their shells to cope with the growth.

I love my tortoise I do get the feeling he loves the cats more than he loves me though...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 23:59   #23
Resting in Peace

Just an update on Wilma. Have had the pleasure of 'tortoise sitting' her whilst daughter and granddaughter have been having a holiday in Scotland.

She is now 6" long and loves to peep out of my french windows to see what is out there.

Wilma peeping.jpg

A very small world for her. Let her out the other night when it was warm, and the Muscovy ducks arrived ... LOL .. should have seen her tiny head peep out in wonderment at these alien creatures.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:58   #24

Sorry AccyLass, it was at Arsenal, it was my Auntie Eileen, one of my Dad's sisters.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..