Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:42   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Women Have Fought Wrinkles For Generations

Yes, it costs them a fortune to combat ageing with the large variety of creams available and now thank's to Doves advertising executives we men can also join in this losing battle.

We aren't expected to get in touch with our feminine side though, it seems we have a slightly different fight on our hands unlike our delicate ladies we have a much more butch problem, leathery skin so chaps get out there and spend, spend, spend.

You know it makes sense!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2012, 15:14   #2
God Member

Re: Women Have Fought Wrinkles For Generations

I can only recommend that you start to use my absolute favourite soap for men, Less - for lovely soft kissable skin and a touch of luxury, nothing leathery about it at all!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:29   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I can only recommend that you start to use my absolute favourite soap for men, Less - for lovely soft kissable skin and a touch of luxury, nothing leathery about it at all!

It might work for you, mobertol, it doesn't work for me.
But then, you probably had something better to work on.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 16:55   #4
God Member

What you 'slap on' also 'goes in'.

You can check the ingredients here
Skin Deep Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

Since Dove products were mentioned, I chuckled when I read this -
Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion With SPF || Skin Deep Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
"Keep away from children. If swallowed, contact a Poison Control Center."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 18:54   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It might work for you, mobertol, it doesn't work for me.
But then, you probably had something better to work on.
There is definitely a genetic element in every part of us. I have inherited my Grand-mother's "good" skin. Use no creams or potions and wear make-up about 5 times a year.

Use only soap and water -but i do buy good quality soap and it lasts.

At risk of her seeing this -my mother is "Vain" and has spent a fortune on her skin in products and make-up over a life-time. She won't be seen dead without her "Face" on. My favourite photo of her is taken on a balcony in Porto Fino in 1999, it's early morning and we were staying in an appartment - no make-up and she is beautiful...
A man with weathered skin has his own beauty -at the end of the day it isn't actually skin deep, beauty is something much more profound to me and involves the whole person -it is not superficial.

I know this section is meant to be light-hearted -sorrry to be so philosophical but it is something i really believe in. That which is often "fed" to us as beauty and desireable is not very human.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-02-2012, 19:03   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
There is definitely a genetic element in every part of us. I have inherited my Grand-mother's "good" skin. Use no creams or potions and wear make-up about 5 times a year.

Use only soap and water -but i do buy good quality soap and it lasts.

At risk of her seeing this -my mother is "Vain" and has spent a fortune on her skin in products and make-up over a life-time. She won't be seen dead without her "Face" on. My favourite photo of her is taken on a balcony in Porto Fino in 1999, it's early morning and we were staying in an appartment - no make-up and she is beautiful...
A man with weathered skin has his own beauty -at the end of the day it isn't actually skin deep, beauty is something much more profound to me and involves the whole person -it is not superficial.

I know this section is meant to be light-hearted -sorrry to be so philosophical but it is something i really believe in. That which is often "fed" to us as beauty and desireable is not very human.
Totally agree Di, only wore makeup on stage and haven't done that for years. Hate the feel of it on my skin. Saves a lot of time at the mirror in the mornings anyway!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 19:08   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Totally agree Di, only wore makeup on stage and haven't done that for years. Hate the feel of it on my skin. Saves a lot of time at the mirror in the mornings anyway!
I can remember my mum wearing a wig when they were in fashion - must have been early 70's. There was a wonderful photo of her sitting on my Dad's friend Bob's knees wearing the "Red" wig and a spangly/sparkly trouser suit! Thse were the days for fashion. 'fraid I'm pretty conservative and don't need to cover up to feel OK with myself...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-02-2012, 22:48   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
What you 'slap on' also 'goes in'.
[/I]
Two ways to take that n me a vicars son.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..