Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 12:19   #16
Junior Member+

Can't say coz then I'd have to shoot you!! LOL Seriously there is a particular person that would know who I was if I posted that and I don't want them to be aware! Sorry
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2004, 17:25   #17
Senior Member+

It's o.k. lesley.
Old 31-03-2004, 21:00   #18
Junior Member+

Re: Good  Firms or organisations to work for.

Well said lesley, i've been self employed for a while now, i did 11 years in a factory and i've never looked back!!

I can get on with the job at a steady pace without a supervisor bagering constantly.
powerwash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 19:55   #19
Junior Member+

I've been self employed for 3 months now and i've not looked back once. There's a lot to be said for it.
MikeWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 20:15   #20
Accrington Web Mascot

I'd love to be self-employed. Only problem is - I wouldn't know what kind of business to have!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 20:16   #21
Junior Member+

Got stopped by the police once. he said "Your drunk!!" I said. "I know. It's a works outing" He said "But you're on your own. " "Aye" says I. "I'm self employed!!"
MikeWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 15:51   #22
Senior Member+

Self Employed is the way to go,after being in the forces for 18yrs doing what you want to do is a life changing experiance. Its easier over here (America) to be self employed, no stupid euro rules, and Petrols cheaper! So come and join the migration http://erapologroup.net/

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 18:13   #23

Re: Good *Firms or organisations to work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Best job for me and many others has to be Mastabar.  For 17 yrs I worked there until I was made redundant in March 2003.  Great pay and really nice people to work for and with.   Oh and by the way you could get away with murder!
I also worked for Mastabar. It was a very friendly firm. I had an admin job and there was never any snobbery or 'them and us' with the staff and shop floor workers - everyone mucked in together. The firm used to put on a bus for us on Friday lunchtime to take us to Accy. They don't make em like that any more.
jwaddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 22:26   #24
God Member

I work for Twin Valley Homes in Blackburn, enjoy my job and theirs recognition for a job well done and everyone at all levels is up for a laugh!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 22:46   #25
Senior Member+

I'm self-employed too.

The best bit of working from home is you get cups of tea brought up to you at various points throughout the day, and if you have an evening appointment, you get cooked lunch made as well!

How efficient is that?!?!?!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..