Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2003, 19:20   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Good  Firms or organisations to work for.

Let's give out a few bouquets!

Which local firm or organisation is a good one to work for?

Which boss looks after his/her employees well?

Give them a plug.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2003, 11:21   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: Good Firms or organisations to work for.

have to say best job i ever had was when working at eubank, worked there 12 years till i was made redundent they sold out to asda who as you all know are on hyndburn road. any of you people ever work there?
Old 29-08-2003, 12:20   #3

My mum worked at Ewbank for a long time, until she got made redundentent too.  

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2003, 13:11   #4

My mum was at Ewbank too! she also worked at the snooker hall that is now the roundabout under the arches....Elite I think it was. She was there when Alex Higgins and Dennis BIgglasses used to go!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 20:01   #5
Junior Member+

hi i work for broadfield care services, best job i have had, we have good training and will employe people who have not done this kind of work before, i get satisfation out of what i am doing, helping people in there own homes
nigel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 20:54   #6
Senior Member+

Me mum and dad worked at Ewbank before going on to Holland Pies.
Many a time the band stopped and the workers got to bring home a box full of lightly burnt pies.Starnge thing was though it nearly always happened on a thursday as tghey all got paid on Friday  
Old 04-09-2003, 19:53   #7

Best job for me and many others has to be Mastabar.  For 17 yrs I worked there until I was made redundant in March 2003.  Great pay and really nice people to work for and with.   Oh and by the way you could get away with murder!
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 14:40   #8
Junior Member+

Howard and Bulloughs ( A. K. A Platts Saco Lowell) was a great place to work. Started work after leaving school at 15, apprenticed as a toolmaker for five years, and worked in the tool room. At that time two pounds per hour, with overtime, also worked on the company fire brigade on weekends. For a 21 year old guy to earn 100 pounds per week it was great work. The only problem was a foreman call Alex, he made my life hell for a period. Now I see it's a hotel complex, how life changes !!!!!.

Arthur Walton
Wilkes Barre
U S A
Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 18:12   #9

I work for jas timber based in blackburn(delivery driver),i have been there for 18 months and i love it,great lads you can have a laugh with and the service we deliver to our customers is second to none!

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 15:12   #10
Accy Goddess

Hollin Bank House H.F.E
This is a brilliant place to work for and we urgently need a cook. See ad in situations vacant if anybody interested.
Someone out there good at plain home cooking, must want a nice little job, working with nice friendly people.
Go on give us a ring.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 15:32   #11

ive just started on the agency its great. good pay and you get to meet a lot of new people some friendlier than oters. its great working with different kinds of clients u get to know how other people live and how people deal with things that life throws at them

you always get plenty of work
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 16:31   #12
God Member

Hey Anne
I can boil an egg without burning it. When do I start? Do I get to wear one of those big tall white hats and attack the staff with the meat chopper when the pan boils over? Sounds lovely! [smiley=dork.gif] [smiley=microwave.gif]
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 20:14   #13
Accy Goddess

[smiley=behead.gif]. Your a bad boy tealeaf.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 16:32   #14
Junior Member+

ME!!! Self employed and can't be beaten!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:35   #15
Senior Member+

So, what do you do lesley.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..