Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 20:29   #16

Re: Job!

What kind of places are these?
Old 05-11-2007, 23:45   #17

Lol. I know a bar thats after some staff. Id apply myself but the hours aint really suitable for me at moment.
Old 05-11-2007, 23:47   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Lol. I know a bar thats after some staff. Id apply myself but the hours aint really suitable for me at moment.
Yeah, me too. Busy down the pub.. I ain't doing no work weekends giving people their fix when I should be having it.

Don't fancy that one mate!

Will be looking hard though, really want to get my hands on a 360 or PS3, haha.
Old 06-11-2007, 19:55   #19
Senior Member+

try knocking on some doors (go in and ask), you get further if you actually go to the firms and ask for work, depending of course on what you want to do, if its factory work, go to as many places as you can and ask, most places will train you to do the work, my hubby's work's get peep's knocking, thats how he got his job there, hope you find somewhere soon, good luck
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 18:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Huncoat. I know a couple of places that might be looking for staff. Just depends what hours you want to do and what experience you got.
Well if they offered them to you.. I'll get.

I have more experience with work done about 70 million more jobs Lol
Old 12-11-2007, 18:13   #21
God Member

try printing your cv out and dropping it in at a few shops in town
Old 12-11-2007, 19:18   #22
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

be a asda trolley boy
Old 12-11-2007, 19:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
be a asda trolley boy
I'd rather be a greeter that doesn't greet anybody.
Old 12-11-2007, 21:22   #24

Yeah but having experience of working in lots of different jobs isnt necereraly what employers want. From my experiences i have found that they prefer you to have worked in one place for a while to show that your loyal. And you still havent told us what experience you have ie; where you worked, what kind of duties and responsibilities you had, how long you worked there. Not a lot i can do for you without that info mate.
Old 13-11-2007, 09:54   #25

Ya might have to be flexible in working weekends as well. Most people dont like doing it, which is why there are more jobs out there if you are willing to work unsocial hours. However it is a foot in the door and there may be a point once working that you can go for different shifts.

Dont think I had a weekend not working for 5 years or summat daft but now I have the luxury of choosing my own hours
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 13:04   #26
Senior Member+

haha true, we have a saturday girl where i work that dont like working saturdays hahha
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 15:30   #27

Main thing is to try to get your foot in the door. When i started at sayers i was a saturday lad, im only contracted to do a minimum of 8 hours but i usually do more than 20. And you need to realise the more restrictions you put on what hours you wont do and what work you wont do the less chance you have of finding work.
Old 16-11-2007, 18:37   #28
Yank in King Art's Court!

I agree completely with Ian, Rindy and others regarding be willing to start "at the bottom." Before I felt able/worthy of getting a "more respectable position," I had paited house, cut and fried donuts, worked all jobs on a dairy farm (no shuffling cow crap is as close to the bottom as you can get!) as was having (too gross, ask me that one at the Christmas Meet), slaughtered pigs, sheep, cattle, rats, and then some really gross stuff.

However, all these references of my dependabilty, promptness, and willingness to do any job and do it right, ended up with me working in a high level job with the Federal Government. Also made me appreciate as well as be respected by those in the aforementioned jobs because "I had been there."

Good luck Mate!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 21:34   #29

Done my CV, going to be throwing it in places this week.
Old 20-11-2007, 21:53   #30
God Member

Well ive done various stuff throughout my life ie shops, stores, caring,factory etc and always gone back to bar work . I loved it . Ive always worked eves weekends xmas new years etc and would never have had it any other way . because for many years i was a single parent and couldnt afford to go out much so by working the unsocial hrs i was able to have a social life . . Besides it was great to give others "their fix" cus thats when i got he best tips lol ..
Also ended up with my own pubs eventually . starting at the bottom is the best policy .
Ive got two teenage lads both of which i hope will do ok they are both very good and hard workers although one of them has just been laid off due to end of season(drawback of doing seafront bars) however the first thing he did was apply at local spar for some hrs . He dosent want to work there as he was in the middle of doing his nvq for bar management but i know he will if he has too . thankfully the bar he has been workin at all season has decided to find him some out of season hrs so as he can carry on with his nvq . so alls well .
Point being be prepared to do the hrs and the rewards will follow . good luck with the search
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..