Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2005, 21:20   #1
I am Banned

Exclamation web site

wanted....person to sort my furniture sales website...... PAID OF COURSE! contact me 07930 997461 i need a really pro job so no muppetts PLEASE.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2005, 05:04   #2
God Member

Re: web site

Have you got a design spec? E-commerce or just info? Have you already got hosting?
Future requirements? Good clean crisp site or flashy annoying animations etc?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2005, 06:44   #3
I am Banned

Thumbs up Re: web site

i have no thing at the moment. i have my catalogue on cd rom so i have all the pictures etc. i have looked around and this site is approx what im looking for.
http://www.sasfurniture.co.uk/catalog/
http://www.dibblers.co.uk/index.htm

the dibblers site seems a bit more bargain basement than id like to come across as. id be using paypal to collect payments.
any ideas? can you supply a web site?:engsmil:
Old 20-01-2005, 08:37   #4
God Member

The SAS site looks like a standard e-commerce site, I've seen it before but can't remember who does that one. (PS it doesn't work in my main browser, the categories menu doesn't load, so I would be shopping elsewhere)

Dibblers has been hand crafted, It wouldn't take a lot to polish that one to look as good as SAS. First thing I would remove is that 'We are upgrading out site' rubbish, People don't want to know that when they are looking for furniture. Either upgrade it offline and then reload the site or do nowt. Never try to upgrade a 'live' site bit by bit.

I am struggling for time myself at the moment otherwise I would be happy to help(11 weeks from number 1 child making an appearence). If I get a moment I'll do some digging around to see what 'out the box' packages there are and ask around my friends to see if anyone would be interested in helping you.

Ian
Old 20-01-2005, 08:45   #5
I am Banned

thank you very much, ian. yes my second grandchild was born new years day ! at least i can give them back now! website- yes i need to be up and running with this in the near future say 2 to 3 months. i have my suppliers account up and running, a national carrier sorted for the bulkier items, parceltogo.com for the smaller ones. just need a website.
was going down the ebay road but been warned off it.
Old 20-01-2005, 09:13   #6
God Member

Ebay can be a useful addition to your website, Done correctly there is no reason not to use it.

What warning was given to you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..