Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 01:29   #1

any jobs

anyone know of any jobs goign either in the stone industry or plumbing or basically anything just to tide me over for a cpl of months when i can start my new job at the end of march .handed my notice in at work on friday as sick of doing 52 hours a week outside in this weather been doing it for 6 years and had enough
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2005, 13:13   #2

Re: any jobs

good on you. sorry i can't help with the job's though
Old 11-02-2005, 13:25   #3

had a few offers thx anyway though starting one on monday so no more being stuck out in this weather
Old 11-02-2005, 13:33   #4

wat this lovely dry weather of accrington?
Old 11-02-2005, 13:43   #5

lol yep cant cope with this sunny hot climate . might have a wooly hat and thermals sale now i dont need em any more and with the amoutnt of em i have
Old 11-02-2005, 13:46   #6

lol...................
Old 11-02-2005, 23:08   #7
Senior Member+

jobs

There is an agency in Rawtenstall called, I think.... HEAD LINERS or something similar. Hollands at Baxenden are using them at the moment, perhaps you could cope with factory work for a few weeks, not bad pay either!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 23:14   #8

Re: jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
There is an agency in Rawtenstall called, I think.... HEAD LINERS or something similar. Hollands at Baxenden are using them at the moment, perhaps you could cope with factory work for a few weeks, not bad pay either!
thanks but sorted now anyway , did think about hollands but it would drive me mad being stuck in there plus its next door to the place ive just quit
Old 12-02-2005, 16:18   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
thanks but sorted now anyway , did think about hollands but it would drive me mad being stuck in there plus its next door to the place ive just quit
where were you working previously that made you quit due to the weather ? - just out of curiousity !!
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 19:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy
where were you working previously that made you quit due to the weather ? - just out of curiousity !!
looking at your screen name you arent my old boss are you lol ? it was a stone mason s
Old 13-02-2005, 17:11   #11

amm any jobs going at a local stonemasons ?

i dont do outside stuff, but i do design architectural masonry . CAD stuff 2D and 3D currently work for a cast stone manufacturer over in yorkshire. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
looking at your screen name you arent my old boss are you lol ? it was a stone mason s
Old 13-02-2005, 21:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
amm any jobs going at a local stonemasons ?

i dont do outside stuff, but i do design architectural masonry . CAD stuff 2D and 3D currently work for a cast stone manufacturer over in yorkshire. :P
there wont be any at my old place as the boss went to uni before he went into the stone business studying planning and surveying but you could try acorn over near colne somewhere . They ve quite a big set up , most of em round here besides my old place arent big enough or dont have the facilities or staff to really go into the more technical stuff they mainly stick to walling and paving etc . Which one over yorkshire do you do work for ? I ve been over to johnsons prob one of the biggest either that or woodkirk until it went bankrupt

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..