Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2012, 18:49   #136
Senior Member+

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
flickr allows you to look at a variety of camera's and from there you can decide whether the pics are any good or not....I think that the exif data would be useful if you had a DSLR.
This explains it far better than I ever could......check out the link.
What is EXIF Data?
I didnt realise so much information was attached to each photo, and I never knew I had access to it. I use photoscape as my photo editing software, and upon checking a menu button I have never used before, it had an option to view the EXIF information. I dont know what I am going to do with the information but I have found the internal clock on my camera is out by one hour. Now that leads me onto another problem, I dont know how to change it, but now I know, I have to.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2012, 18:55   #137
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Off work for a week. No money spare till friday(grr monthly pay) to go somewhere. Was a bit restless and bored so I took a walk up the coppice. Not the best of ideas since it started hail stoning !

This is getting spookey, the photos you are posting are similar to some I posted recently (post103) am I stalking you, or are you stalking me?
Old 15-05-2012, 19:14   #138
Senior Member+

Todays offerings address the question D.I.G posed as to why some panoramic shots are horseshoe shaped.

The shots are all the same subject, Scaitcliffe Lodge/Woodnook Water.
1. 2. & 3. photos are banana shaped and 4. 5. & 6. are more the correct perspective.

My theory is this, as the camera takes a selection of shots when panning the camera, the stitching together is done automatically internally, so any straight lines from left to right appear bent in order to combine it into a viewable photo.

4. 5. & 6. have straight lines front to back, this will probably be within one of the photos taken and when combined maintain the perspective.

Well thats what I think, I submit the photos for perusal, and observations would be welcome as to my theory.

My head hurts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3252.JPG (424.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3262.JPG (437.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3263.JPG (414.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3256.JPG (471.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3259.JPG (450.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3260.JPG (426.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 15-05-2012, 20:00   #139
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Todays offerings address the question D.I.G posed as to why some panoramic shots are horseshoe shaped.
Not sure about the theory or mechanics of the matter, but I prefer the straighter perspective. It doesn't pull the subject out & for me it's the better picture.
Old 15-05-2012, 20:31   #140
Senior Member+

OOOO Especially when there was no mention of the fire extinguisher and we capture it on the same day. To find out who is stalking who; perhaps we could look at the exif data and find out the diff difference.

Quote:
This is getting spookey, the photos you are posting are similar to some I posted recently (post103) am I stalking you, or are you stalking me?
Old 15-05-2012, 21:21   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not sure about the theory or mechanics of the matter, but I prefer the straighter perspective. It doesn't pull the subject out & for me it's the better picture.
See what you started, I think when the lines are front to back it looks normal.

I think panoramics are a compromise though as it passes through differing light conditions then tries to rationalise it. It is just a presentation of a scene, you cant be artistic.
Old 15-05-2012, 21:23   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
OOOO Especially when there was no mention of the fire extinguisher and we capture it on the same day. To find out who is stalking who; perhaps we could look at the exif data and find out the diff difference.
I did note the extinguisher day, but put it down to coincidence, then it happened again with the coppice. I've checked the exif data and its you who is stalking me
Old 17-05-2012, 18:57   #143
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here's a couple taken over the last week or so all local stuff (here in Germany).

Achmer trg area & glider field, Hound walking area, where I go madjit drownding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Achmer Training area - Glider club.jpg (50.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Country lane Bramsche (zur Stiege).jpg (81.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Tongrube Seeste pan.jpg (109.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 17-05-2012, 19:18   #144
Beacon of light

Quote:
I did note the extinguisher day, but put it down to coincidence, then it happened again with the coppice. I've checked the exif data and its you who is stalking me
See........Exif data.....now you know what it is good for....being a detective.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 21:38   #145
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
See........Exif data.....now you know what it is good for....being a detective.

Were still waiting for your panoramic shots!
Old 19-05-2012, 23:19   #146
Senior Member+

Shlept up to Five arches from Scaitcliffe Street, have to say it put my lamps out (must put that in "local expressions")
1. The remains of Highams Mill.
2. The old railway line heading for Five arches.
3. & 4. Five arches from both sides.
5. I think this is the bones of Shoe Mill?
6. Priestly Clough down in the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3445.JPG (489.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3489.JPG (388.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3494.JPG (382.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3523.JPG (471.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3531.JPG (374.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3554.JPG (375.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 19-05-2012, 23:31   #147
God Member

How green it all looks. I will try to take some pics at our local canal tomorrow- don't think i have the 3 -D option though...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 23:44   #148
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
How green it all looks. I will try to take some pics at our local canal tomorrow- don't think i have the 3 -D option though...
Its not 3D, its a panoramic option, and I think it is so green due to the persistent precipitations, that, and all the rain.

I await in anticipation?
Old 20-05-2012, 12:27   #149
Senior Member+

True. On my phone for some reason they call it 3D hehe

Im thinking of buying a camera. I hope to have a few days in lake district next month and gonna take some pics. Any good (low priced) cameras about? my phone is a little irritating for taking pics, though the results are good.

Quote:
Its not 3D, its a panoramic option
Old 20-05-2012, 14:52   #150
Senior Member+

made my purchase

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..