Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2012, 22:43   #196
Senior Member+

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Do you not get moaned at for taking pics on top of there?
Old 14-07-2012, 11:50   #197
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Do you not get moaned at for taking pics on top of there?
I did expect security to ask what I was up to, as there are cameras on the top floors, but no, and I've been up a few times, its a limited view but a different perspective. It is a public accessed area so they cant stop you, probably!
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 22:18   #198
Senior Member+

A few panoramic photos taken on "today in pictures" experience

1. Start point Burnley Road.
2. Looking over Hameldon Woods.
3. Hameldon Woods now on the left.
4. Looking up to the top of the quarry.
5. Pendle Hill and surrounding area.
6. Hameldon Woods far left shooting range then looking towards Burnley.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9672.JPG (465.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9706.JPG (447.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9717.JPG (341.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9723.JPG (455.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9735.jpg (254.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9778.JPG (487.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 22-07-2012, 21:19   #199
Senior Member+

Today at the tip, its just like being at the sea side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9865.JPG (339.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9870.JPG (417.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9874.JPG (413.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9877.JPG (400.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9892.JPG (363.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 24-07-2012, 20:43   #200
Senior Member+

Ossy to Rishton.

1. Coke ovens, as the years pass there is less to look at.
2. The canal looking towards Pendle Hill.
3. The bridge, Pendle Hill through to The Coppice.
4. Pendle Hill through to the Coppice again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0085.JPG (350.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0106.JPG (400.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0108.JPG (349.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0122.JPG (347.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 28-07-2012, 19:04   #201
Senior Member+

I don't know if daily upload limits are in total across threads or per thread, until told differently I will post as they are available.

Dean Clough and around in panoramic piccies.

The last two are on Blackburn Old Road with my back to Dean Clogh Res.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0389.JPG (377.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0394.jpg (246.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0408.JPG (330.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0425.JPG (390.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0447.JPG (364.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0448.JPG (447.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0474.JPG (490.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0479.JPG (464.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 28-07-2012, 19:16   #202
Resting In Peace

Love the sky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I don't know if daily upload limits are in total across threads or per thread, until told differently I will post as they are available.
I was wondering that too.
Old 28-07-2012, 19:27   #203
Senior Member+

I would think that it means 10 per day across threads. Be interested to know how much server space and bandwith accyweb has per month or whatever
Old 28-07-2012, 21:57   #204
Senior Member+

Quote:
I would think that it means 10 per day across threads. Be interested to know how much server space and bandwith accyweb has per month or whatever
have you thought of becoming a moderator.
Old 29-07-2012, 00:34   #205
Senior Member+

HA not at all. But my geeky nerdiness comes out in these moments.

Say every photo was 512kb each you added 10 a day on one thread and 10 a day on another that is 10MB of data. Now say 5 more people did that in one day. That is 50MB of data.

Now times that by 7 for us adding them everyday of the week times that by 4 for the month. Thats over 1GB in photos alone. Think of quite a few people clicking each photo to take a look.... or think of 10 people decided to look at all our photos for a month(doubtful but..), in one day, in this example 10GB of bandwith will be downloaded from accyweb server.

We have been adding them a lot and not thinking about all this because a few photos isn't much in filesize. Add them all up....accyweb must have quite a lot of server space and a lot of bandwith otherwise we would not be able to access the forum due to running out of the bandwith for the month...

Note: If my maths don't add up; you will have to forgive me. Ive always been bad at maths.(though I accounted for the fact that 1mb is 1024KB and not 1000KB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
have you thought of becoming a moderator.

Last edited by Restless; 29-07-2012 at 00:37.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 10:35   #206
Resting In Peace

Quote:

Say every photo was 512kb each you added 10 a day on one thread and 10 a day on another that is 10MB of data. Now say 5 more people did that in one day. That is 50MB of data.

Now times that by 7 for us adding them everyday of the week times that by 4 for the month. Thats over 1GB in photos alone. Think of quite a few people clicking each photo to take a look.... or think of 10 people decided to look at all our photos for a month(doubtful but..), in one day, in this example 10GB of bandwith will be downloaded from accyweb server.

We have been adding them a lot and not thinking about all this because a few photos isn't much in filesize. Add them all up....accyweb must have quite a lot of server space and a lot of bandwith otherwise we would not be able to access the forum due to running out of the bandwith for the month...

Note: If my maths don't add up; you will have to forgive me. Ive always been bad at maths.(though I accounted for the fact that 1mb is 1024KB and not 1000KB)
Hurrah for geeky nerdiness Rob - someone's got to do it!!

You assume above that each pic is 512kb - the ones I posted yesterday were all less than 100kb each which I think is adequate. Easy enough to get down to if you resize.
Old 29-07-2012, 11:05   #207
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Hurrah for geeky nerdiness Rob - someone's got to do it!!
So now the poor lad's going to have to go away & recalculate the whole thing again.
Old 29-07-2012, 11:17   #208
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So now the poor lad's going to have to go away & recalculate the whole thing again.
He needs something to keep him out of mischief otherwise he'll just go round terrorising all those fluffy furry things with his camera...
Old 29-07-2012, 12:23   #209
Senior Member+

Quote:

How does looking at a photo on the server result in a download of any type, I think this is a flaw in your hypothesis, and the limit is 500kb. I don't know what the size would be if posted directly into the text box without reduction.

Plus I don't think the capacity on the server is a problem, it is the cost of the hosting, the capacity in infinite, but has to be paid for through contributions to the site.
Old 29-07-2012, 15:12   #210
Senior Member+

I dunno, I have never run a forum. It was all hypothesis. I have run a website before. Once when I was more ambitious with music. I met around 25 people from a mailing list in london in 2004 when I saw american muisc club. Pictures was taken. I put the picture of all of us on my site and linked it to the mailing list. Within 20 mins my site was down and inactive because bandwith was used up.

the photo is stored on the sever. to see it is to download it. You are not downloading the file to keep so you don't think of it as downloading

I used 512 becuase 1MB is 1024KB not 1000kb. It was just an example

Perhaps Neil or Mick can correct me if I am wrong on all this... But this is the kind of thing I find interesting. What a nerd i have become

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..