Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree553Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2013, 10:41   #331
Resting In Peace

Re: 3D Panoramic Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Haha Dave, Irfan is the firat name of my GP - not sure I'd want to see any more of him than I have to! (actually he's lovely).
Old 22-02-2013, 15:56   #332
Senior Member+

check this video out
Old 22-02-2013, 18:42   #333
Senior Member+

Have to say the you tube video was more for sphere photos, although reading the Google support you only have to pan through the image and it renders it for you at the end.

This is at odds with the way you described how to do it, you say it takes 36 photos to complete the circle. The instructions say you just have to pan through the scene and the only thing to concentrate on would be the speed of rotation. Without being rude are you using the panoramic mode correctly? Another question, have you updated the firmware past its specification, just wondering if the panoramic mode is corrupted ?

Take a panoramic photo - Nexus Help
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 22:26   #334
Senior Member+

360 cam is what I am trying to do yes. It creates a sphere 36 pics and renders at the end
Old 22-02-2013, 22:28   #335
Senior Member+

I can't spin around without moving my placement to o much. Lol it's hard work
Old 23-02-2013, 08:06   #336
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
360 cam is what I am trying to do yes. It creates a sphere 36 pics and renders at the end
Not sure if I'm being thick here, but, the panoramic mode does not from your perspective take individual photos you just have to pan the camera through the 360* arc on the horizontal and the formating is done by the camera at the end of the sweep. This operation should take no more than 10 seconds.

However the globe effect does take individual photos but to do this in 360* in both the horizontal and vertical axis would require a flask and some sandwiches to do the complete rotation. I am not sure if this is what the feature was designed for, I would have thought a 120* or 180* arc would be more atainable.
Old 23-02-2013, 09:05   #337
Senior Member+

Quote:
would require a flask and some sandwiches to do the complete rotation.
Exactly!!
Old 23-02-2013, 09:52   #338
Senior Member+

Quote:
Exactly!!
I think it just clicked into place, you can take panoramic shots, its the globe effect that you are struggling with, or to be more exact the time taken and the number of photos to do it. If that is the case then you have to start with smaller number of photos to make up your globe, and if it takes all those photos to do a 360* then it takes that number and I don't think you can speed up the process. However you may just want to give it a go to see what it looks like, if that is the case you may speed up the process with practise but I don't think it will ever become a fast option, and it sounds painful having to hold your arms out for that length of time.

If you do go up the Coppice tell someone where you are going, as you may be away from home for some time.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:50   #339
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Tripod with a rotating head should give a steady platform for your 360°.
Restless likes this.
Old 23-02-2013, 20:27   #340
Senior Member+

A walk around Pike Law Quarry, but mostly views of the rear of Rossendale General Hospital.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6173.JPG (393.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6184.JPG (343.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6186.JPG (368.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6200.JPG (379.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6203.JPG (330.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6207.JPG (349.5 KB, 5 views)
hassy rvr likes this.
Old 24-02-2013, 02:17   #341
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think it just clicked into place, you can take panoramic shots, its the globe effect that you are struggling with, or to be more exact the time taken and the number of photos to do it. If that is the case then you have to start with smaller number of photos to make up your globe, and if it takes all those photos to do a 360* then it takes that number and I don't think you can speed up the process. However you may just want to give it a go to see what it looks like, if that is the case you may speed up the process with practise but I don't think it will ever become a fast option, and it sounds painful having to hold your arms out for that length of time.

If you do go up the Coppice tell someone where you are going, as you may be away from home for some time.
Yeah globe effect is a good way to describe it. I guess the invitation did sound a little weird... I will give it a go and yea It will never be fast. It tells me all the time already that I am too fast.

Panoramic camera is a lot easier on this one. Expect some pics at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Tripod with a rotating head should give a steady platform for your 360°.
it would also need to go up and down.
Old 24-02-2013, 09:30   #342
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Restless;1043615]Yeah globe effect is a good way to describe it. I guess the invitation did sound a little weird... I will give it a go and yea It will never be fast. It tells me all the time already that I am too fast.

It would have been interesting to experiment with your tackle, however as I said before, you have picked a period when my time is in limited supply at the moment. Although I think I now understand the principle of the action required and don't think I could add anything you don't already know about the application , if you want a distorted picture though, there are plenty of ways to achieve that in post production rather than going missing on the Coppice for two days. Still if you are determined to give it a go then crack on, but I cant help thinking that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Old 24-02-2013, 10:13   #343
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=davemac;1043641]
Quote:
Yeah globe effect is a good way to describe it. I guess the invitation did sound a little weird... I will give it a go and yea It will never be fast. It tells me all the time already that I am too fast.

It would have been interesting to experiment with your tackle, however as I said before, you have picked a period when my time is in limited supply at the moment. Although I think I now understand the principle of the action required and don't think I could add anything you don't already know about the application , if you want a distorted picture though, there are plenty of ways to achieve that in post production rather than going missing on the Coppice for two days. Still if you are determined to give it a go then crack on, but I cant help thinking that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Its ok. I haven't much time myself at the moment. Someone from Manchester coming to buy my old phone and dont know when. I now have to wait in all day Monday and Im off to Glasgow Wednesday to see mark eitzel... And Im also seeing mark eitzel play live on friday in manchster and then hebdob bridge on saturday
Old 24-02-2013, 15:07   #344
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
it would also need to go up and down.
Most of them are capable of that to Restless.

Quote:
Im off to Glasgow Wednesday to see mark eitzel... And Im also seeing mark eitzel play live on friday in manchster and then hebdob bridge on saturday
Quite the little Groupie aren't we !
Old 25-02-2013, 21:17   #345
Senior Member+

Pendle Hill panoramas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6210.JPG (423.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6218.JPG (388.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6220.JPG (364.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6221.JPG (354.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6229.JPG (363.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6253.JPG (320.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6254.JPG (479.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6256.JPG (321.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6262.JPG (345.5 KB, 3 views)
hassy rvr likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..