Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 30-06-2012 21:58

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1000476)
Attachment 21519 Disused railway viaduct

I am with you all of the way with this walk, apart from the viaduct, where is that visible from the canal?

towards Read

davemac 30-06-2012 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1000515)
towards Read

I've walked that way many times and never spotted it, well done for that.

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2012 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1000510)
It felt like it, I was out of my apprenticeship, and did a couple of years working for a landscape gardener, as the youngest I was left up there with a hammer and bolster to split the large stones along the grain

Flicker have told me my allowance for this month has been used, so should reset tomorrow. I do have a backlog to upload first, but I do have a folder on my desktop I put them in until I can get them uploaded, so they are on the list.
Did you notice the slug, you can see right down its breathing orifice, its wet knees as well as wet socks. Its no wonder I've got withering heights

I didn't know that there was a monthly allowance. I upload as many as I want...and have done since first joining......ah but, I have a professional account..maybe that is the difference.(not that I am a professional - but when I joined in the dim and distant past they were there for the asking. you can still get a 'pro' account, but now you have to pay for it. Money making...that's the business.)

I'm not sure about master and apprentice. I think we can all learn from each other...or at least pool the knowledge we have gained.

I think there are some people who have an instinct for what will make a good picture...and even they sometimes get it wrong. Beauty is in the heart of a good picture, but sometimes you have to look deeply for it.

Anyway Dave, you have some good 'uns there. I foresee lots of 'hits'.

davemac 30-06-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1000518)
I didn't know that there was a monthly allowance. I upload as many as I want...and have done since first joining......ah but, I have a professional account..maybe that is the difference.(not that I am a professional - but when I joined in the dim and distant past they were there for the asking. you can still get a 'pro' account, but now you have to pay for it. Money making...that's the business.)

I'm not sure about master and apprentice. I think we can all learn from each other...or at least pool the knowledge we have gained.

I think there are some people who have an instinct for what will make a good picture...and even they sometimes get it wrong. Beauty is in the heart of a good picture, but sometimes you have to look deeply for it.

Anyway Dave, you have some good 'uns there. I foresee lots of 'hits'.

They tell me I can upload as many as I like with a pro account, and that costs $24.95 cents per year. Havent ruled it out, still testing the water, finding my feet, and getting my socks wet.

maxthecollie 30-06-2012 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1000523)
they tell me i can upload as many as i like with a pro account, and that costs $24.95 cents per year. Havent ruled it out, still testing the water, finding my feet, and getting my socks wet.

just keep your head above water

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2012 22:11

watter's awreight fer weshing in.

maxthecollie 30-06-2012 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1000529)
watter's awreight fer weshing in.

Con ti pee init?

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2012 22:15

Well fish do :)

mobertol 30-06-2012 22:20

Being inapacitated-it's great for me to be able to see what you are all up to!
Would give my eye teeth -so to speak!!:D

davemac 30-06-2012 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1000533)
Con ti pee init?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1000535)
Well fish do :)

I once got told off for peeing in the public swimming baths........................ they wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the fact I was on the top diving board.............I do talk rubbish sometimes.

davemac 30-06-2012 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1000539)
Being inapacitated-it's great for me to be able to see what you are all up to!
Would give my eye teeth -so to speak!!:D

I dont think you mentioned how it happened, football, rock climbing, ballroom dancing ?

susie123 30-06-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1000542)
I dont think you mentioned how it happened, football, rock climbing, ballroom dancing ?

Tripping over cobbles?:p

mobertol 30-06-2012 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1000542)

Apparently it's a trauma injury - fell off my bike the day of the big earthquake in N. Italy, was pretty shook up - perhaps i should register as a victim...!?:D

mobertol 30-06-2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1000545)
Tripping over cobbles?:p

Wish it was so...:D

mobertol 01-07-2012 14:09

10 Attachment(s)
A day out at Dalemain House near Lake Ullswater - visit to the beautiful gardens and a classic car Rally. Friend's husband Dave won first prize with his 1955 Series I Landrover which he rennovated himself.

Look out for an Eric look-a-like in one of the pics!;)

A lot of pics -was very snap-happy that day!:)